ForumsThe Tavernwhat if there was no electricity all of the sudden?

59 7922
manny132
manny132
41 posts
Peasant

personal opinion people would go nuts!

what do you think?

• 59 Replies
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

There is no mechanical way to keep up the cooling system in nuclear plants, is it? Because as I said, cooling systems will be the most immediately missed (e.g. for food), and nuclear plants will go boom. And leak all their radioactivity.

... to think that our western neighbour country has over fifty plants... when's the next plane to Antarctica?!

Koru7
Koru7
1,405 posts
Nomad

no computer or wifi!!! O_O it wouldn't matter anyways, if we used wind turbines and other environmental stuff to power houses or buildings we would have electricity.

greenplanet011
greenplanet011
207 posts
Nomad

No electricity?Well,back to square 1...

*grabs a kite and a key*

jt25rox
jt25rox
332 posts
Peasant

the world would be screwed.
nobody knows basic survival.
we all live on top of one another but dont know each other
we can communicate besides technology
we would have to build our own stuff and find our own food.

Yes an EMP would be nice. have fun.

i can survive. Can you?

TDOG422
TDOG422
528 posts
Shepherd

lol aren't they making a movie about that?

NickodemisBoslatine
NickodemisBoslatine
36 posts
Farmer

I would crawl in a hole and die without electricty

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Then... we'd regenerate it!

Just because something stops does not mean it can't be started again!

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Well... guess what? My AT&T phone service, wi-fi, TV, and internet access all stopped working. They said it would be back up in three hours, in which I ate lunch and checked the internet, which worked. So eating lunch is the smart way to go!

DDeath1098
DDeath1098
41 posts
Nomad

i would go play basket ball

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

Anyone ever think about an "E.M.P." being a realistic threat to the current modern world?!

That would knock out all electricity with HUGE difficulty of restoring it...

The medieval times would certainly be revived if you asked me! Time to start training that swinging arm to wield your sword with again I say!

endlessrampage73
endlessrampage73
2,539 posts
Nomad

Let's see...

4/10 people would kill themselves...
3/10 people would be ignorant and expect food to come to them, starving...
2/10 people would search for food but not know where or how to find it...
1/10 people would know survival skills and live longer than everybody else.

I would be in that 1/10. I would laugh my head off at the people who need electricity for all of their needs. Of course, eventually it would come back on. One good thing that would come out of it would be that people would finally get lives(No more 12-year-olds playing COD).

It's not like entertainment would be gone. I mean, people can stay play REAL instruments and REAL music. No more of the stupid electric guitar... People can have more exercise and less procrastinating. And people would get outside more and be more social. So we'd be more healthy and more social. Now that I think about it... I WANT this to happen!

HEY SUN! AIM FOR US!

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

No more of the stupid electric guitar...

The first electric guitar, invented by Les Paul, was made out of a broom handle and an old analog telephone. There was no electricity used whatsoever.
EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

The only post-apocalyptic skill I have is I know how to shoot things. With shotguns. Or rifles or pistols. Doesn't matter much.

I'd end up hunting neighborhood animals for food, and neighborhood people for water. Until the electricity came back on, anyways. Or somebody grew some balls and shot back. Who knows?

sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

It's depressing reading most of these comments. I'm probably the only human in this world that uses hardly any electricity. I'm on my laptop 2 days in a week, about 3 hours each day. So, I wouldn't be very effected by this. I scarcely watch TV, there's nothing good, not even music these days. I play guitar, so that's something to amuse myself with instead of my computer time.

Me and my friends wouldn't give a ****. We'd go berserk with others complaining, of course, but we wouldn't really care at all.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Time to start training that swinging arm to wield your sword with again I say!

Since when do you need electricity to operate a gun? Sure, you could revive the medieval era, but you better hope your knights have some bullet-proof armor on!
Showing 16-30 of 59