ForumsThe Tavernwhat if there was no electricity all of the sudden?

59 7921
manny132
manny132
41 posts
Peasant

personal opinion people would go nuts!

what do you think?

• 59 Replies
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Since the lack of physics and brain death have already been pointed out, I'm forced with the boring reminder that we can simply recreate it, the lack of electricity doesn't mean we would revert to the middle ages. Virtually everyone knows how to create a battery using a potato, those who went into chemistry and physics know how to use chemical reactions and magnetic fields to generate current and by extension power.

tl;dr

We'd be bored for a week then the lights would come back on, and all would be right with the world.

skydragon720
skydragon720
343 posts
Nomad

what if it didn't?

kuffyruff
kuffyruff
207 posts
Jester

Electricity has proven fundamental to maintaining the basic human needs and allowing for the advancement of society. If there was no electricity, it would be rather simple to attain more.

kuffyruff
kuffyruff
207 posts
Jester

Electricity has proven fundamental to maintaining the basic human needs and allowing for the advancement of society. If there was no electricity, it would be rather simple to attain more.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

What do you mean if it didn't? Electricity is a principle of physics, if it didn't comeback, we might as well just will ourselves into bio-luminescence because obviously we aren't constrained by the natural laws anymore.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

I would go flat out insane. I would become a Psycho, go mad and probably be like that until the electricity comes back. And if it never does then well... Im doomed. O.O

avenger671
avenger671
63 posts
Nomad

Solar power.

vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

Daytime: Get friends to play basketball.

Nighttime: Get clothes that glow and a flashlight.

kuffyruff
kuffyruff
207 posts
Jester

Nighttime: Get clothes that glow and a flashlight.

You mean something similar to the light suits from Tron and Tron: Legacy? That'd be pretty neat. Clothes that had a normal appearance but glowed in the dark would be awesome as well.
AatosLiukkonen
AatosLiukkonen
66 posts
Nomad

I'd make some.

Seriously, it's not that hard.

If by electricity you mean the transfer of electrons as a physical principle, then I guess we're all dead.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Solar power.

Everything would have to be solar powered for us to be able to have Internet and all the stuff we're used to.
I'd go insane without my computers, TV, CD player, DVD player.
I guess I would ride my bike even more and read physical books again instead of e-books.
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,487 posts
Blacksmith

if we were no longer able to generate electricity, I'm guessing the most similar outcome as to what would happen is probably in the book "Lord Of the Flies" where our overall intelectual level would start degenerating until we start going into tribes, and start killing eachother.

-Blade

warriorcats123
warriorcats123
694 posts
Nomad

most of the people here are being dumb the eletricity guys would just fix the problem and make the eletricity in like 10 minutes to an 1 hour itd be like a worldwide blackout

Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

The nuclear reactor uses it to keep it stable....

Showing 46-59 of 59