The commenting section is a place to give feedback or start conversations about a game on the site, or to have conversations with others on their profile pages to make new friends. We ask that you put some thought into your posts, and that you follow these commenting rules and guidelines. Failure to comply with these rules may result in a ban from commenting, or even the entire site.
- Rule #1 - This is an English website, so all comments must be written in English. Any game comments written in a language other than English may be removed without notice. Non-English messages may be left on user profiles only after you determine that the recipient of your message can communicate in that other language. Writing messages in an alternate language to bypass our profanity filters or will be dealt with swiftly and harshly.
- Rule #2 - No "Flaming" - Writing hostile or insulting messages aimed at other users for their views or comments. You can disagree with someone's views and still be polite about it. Name-calling ("noob") comments are at moderator or admin discretion and can be removed without warning.
- Rule #3 - No "Trolling" - Posting controversial (sometimes off-topic) messages with the intent of baiting other users to reply or to get attention out of others with fake stories of boisterous or depressing claims. Pretending to be another user is also considered trolling.
- Rule #4 - No "Spamming" - No advertisements, or referral links to other services. We also classify spam as short replies (usually fewer than 7 words) which do not contribute to our game feedback system. Short messages are links without text are highly discouraged and can be removed without notice or warning.
- Rule #5 - No impersonating other users, but especially Admins/Moderators. Impersonating an Admin or Moderator will have your account punished the fullest extent of our ability.
- Rule #6 - No manipulating our website or comment system to acquire Admin, Moderator, Knight or other exclusive armatars. This will likely result in you being banned from commenting.
- Rule #7 - No discussions of software piracy, illegal material, blocking advertisements or linking to related websites will be tolerated.
- Rule #8 - Do not post material that is hateful or mean towards race, religion, gender, etc.
- Rule #9 - Do not post lewd or offensive content, or pictures/links to lewd or offensive content. Keep everything Safe for Work, and remember that kids visit the website. If in doubt, don't post it.
- Rule #10 - No swearing or crude language. If you're that angry about something, take a break for a while, or confront the other user directly instead of in the forums/comments. Also, do not attempt to use any means to bypass our profanity filter, such as misspelling a cuss word, or using punctuation or spaces.
- Rule #11 - No posting of any text which bypasses our profanity filters by purposely misspelling, using letter/symbol substitutions or any other means to bypass our censoring. You will only get one warning for this, then you will be banned.
- Rule #12 - No complaining about being banned, and making another account to circumvent a ban makes you unwelcome to be a member on the site. Do not complain about other users being banned, in the forums or on profile pages.
- Rule #13- No complaining about moderators removing a message that you have posted. We trust our moderators, and if they've removed a message or forum post you made, they had a good reason to do so.
- Rule #14 - Users who create alternate accounts for multiplayer games are not permitted to post comments for games or on other user profiles. These alternate accounts are also prohibited from posting in the forums. Please use your main account for this activity. ALL of your alternate accounts must be listed by name in the profile biography of your main account, and EACH alternate account must mention your main account in its biography. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- This alt account can not be used for commenting and/or forum posting and needs to have its messenger closed.
- A link to this alt account needs to be placed in your primary account, along with the statement that it is your alt.
- A statement must be placed in the alt account's about, saying this is the alt account from your primary account.
- An alt can only be used for gaming purposes, nothing else. Rating, favoring games and adding friends is allowed though.
- Admins/Mods can always shut this alt account down at their own discretion, if it should be used to break any of the website's rules. Consequences may reflect upon the primary account as well, according to the situation.
- Rule #15 - Do not post any personal information about you or anyone else. We don't want to know your street address or phone number. If you want to post a photo of yourself, please post it in the photo thread in the Tavern.
- Rule #16 - Turn off caps lock, do not use excessive ALL CAPS in your posts.
- Rule #17 - Do not copy or plagiarize comments.
- Rule #18 - Do not post messages containing images of typed text, especially in an alternate color. This confuses other members who may think you have some special authority, which is against our Terms and Conditions. It also defeats our search engine, which cannot read your message text.
- Rule #19 - No "Guest" accounts on our comment system.
If you have any questions about these rules, you may contact a moderator. You can find the current list of active moderators on our About page. You can also contact us through the Contact page, or you may contact our Community Champion, Ferret, directly via Email at Ferret [at] ArmorGames.com