ForumsForum Games(The Most Realistic) Zombie Survival RPG

167 24989
Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

You may be thinking, I've already seen so many Zombie RPG's... how could this one be any different? Well, if you've played my RPG's before, I've provided my players with more detail than the average hoster. This time, there will be even more detail. I'm basing this game off of an actual map from a game called Arma2-Operation Arrowhead. There is a mod for this game, called DayZ. I'm basing this zombie RPG off of the map, Chernarus.

Please read EVERYTHING. All of this is important for your survival!

Lets get down to the core elements of this RPG...

Hunting and Survival - Eating and drinking is a core part of gameplay, you can tell if you need something by subtle sounds, like a growling stomach, and if you don't fulfil those needs. You'll die. Wandering animals can killed and gutted (with the right tools) to gain access to their meat which can be eaten so you live longer but also to gain blood. For once these animals actually have a use.

Vehicles and Weapons - Yes, you can find vehicles in the zombie apocalypse. The only problem is... mostly all of them are destroyed! You can find the right amount of tools to repair the vehicles that you want to drive around. Oh, you also need Jerry Cans to refill your fuel. As for the weapons, you need to use your ammo very wisely. Headshots will always do the job right, no need to waste ammo shooting at the torso... unless your aim is really bad. Almost all weapons are extremely loud, especially the Lee Enfield. Certain types of weapons have different sound ranges. Pistols for example have less sound pollution than a rifle or an assault rifle. The crossbow however, is the most silent weapon in the game (apart from the melee weapons).

Being Chased - Sadly, everyone gets tired. If you run for a long time, you will need to rest, but it takes a while to get tired just from running. Being chased by zombies, however, will make you fatigued if you run, and also scared. Your character will breathe harder, be frightened, and most likely pass out for extended periods of time if you get chased for too long.

Safety and Tips - If you are in trouble by being chased by zombies, RUN INTO A BUILDING. Zombies are forced to walk inside buildings. Yes, they can run faster than you when your outside, but in buildings, they are easy pickings... unless you have no ammo. In that case, your trapped and doomed. A few tips are to conserve ammo, don't go near large cities (because zombies aren't the only threat), and be resourceful.

Blood Levels - The blood level is the most important factor in the game, obviously. In the character sheet, your HP will be labeled "Blood". Here are the affects of the blood levels as they decline (after being hit by zombies, being shot, ect)
12000 - Max Blood
< 9000 - Sussceptible to "one hit Knock out" from zombies
< 8000 - Colour and sound begin to fade (You become slightly paranoid and dizzy)
< 5000 - May fall Unconscious
< 4000 - Black and white vision, dizziness, loss of much hearing capability
< 3000 - Shakiness, blurry vision (can't find/identify things easily), and consistent fainting
0 - Player Dead

How to Regain Blood - Eating canned foods will restore 200 points of Blood. Eating cooked meat from animals that you hunted restores 800 points of blood. Also, you can get a Blood Transfusion, but this requires another person. Blood Transfusions heal your character fully, even if your character only has 100 Blood left (which is terribly close to death).

Status Effects - Bleeding can occur when:
-Being hit by Zombies
-Getting shot
-Getting hit by an explosive
-Falling
Shock is the status effect a player will receive after being shot at by another player or damaging themselves somehow (mainly by falling). Shock wears off after a few posts, this effect can not be mended by medication.
Pain is caused when the player takes damage, it has a chance to proc on any type of damage including, falling, Zombie hits or gun shot wounds. Pain can be relieved by taking Painkillers.
Causes of Broken Bones:
-Falling
-Being shot in the leg
-zombies on rare occasions.
If you have broken legs, your character will only be able to crawl. To restore your broken bones, use Morphine.
Causes of being Unconscious:
-A very large amount of non lethal damage, for example, being hit by a rifle shot
-Dropping below 3000 blood will cause the player to drift in and out of consciousness.
-Being hit by a zombie with less than 9000 blood
Using an Epi-Pen will restore any one from unconsciousness *can only be applied by another survivor)
Causes of Infection:
-Random chance when Temperature drops below 36C (Celsius)
-Spending time near players who are already sick
You can cure infection by using Antibiotics. You will know if your character is sick if he coughs and splutters.
Treatments for being Cold:
Colds are caused from being below 33 degrees Celsius.
-A Fireplace must be made using Wood Pile and a Matchbox
-Heat Pack Must be used.
-Shelter must be found inside Buildings or Vehicles

In this game, you can collect things such as a Map, a Compass, a Watch, etc. Day and Night time within the game will last for a long time. I'm thinking day time will last for 20-30 of your posts, and night will last 15-20 posts.

Day and Night - In the day time, you are much more visible to zombies. At night, the zombies find it harder to see you, but they can still hear you very well. Weather affects how well you can be seen or heard, however. The rain makes it harder to hear, and see you. But it makes the zombies and other players/survivors harder to see you as well.

Humanity - Healing other players and surviving along with other players will increase your humanity, which makes you like-able, and other survivors will know not to shoot you. If you kill survivors for their belongings, or just for fun, you will become a bandit, and you will change into the bandit costume/uniform automatically. Survivors and other Bandits will identify you as a bandit. Survivors will always shoot on sight if they see you as a bandit, but other bandits might shoot on sight. Sometimes, other bandits want to welcome a new member to the banditry raids.

Survivors and Bandits - You can tell who is a survivor and a bandit. Survivors will be wearing normal clothes, like a white or black long sleeve t-shirt, and bandits will be wearing an army uniform, but with a towel wrapping around their entire face.

Survivor:
https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSeYksEqezN2xKqmZtM7flGvnUHW6_ODy9ioBkbDqekCYLislSk

Bandits:
https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdyd1PC7XicX9EadkfQwBErpCSxSVv40ZXYUv0SE_-3ixEf3FhBA

I think that is enough about the game... on to the character sheet.. FINALLY!

Name: (First name, no last name required.)
Blood: 12000
Temperature: 36C
---------
Zombies Killed: 0
Murders: 0
Bandits Killed: 0
---------
Inventory: Nothing (You can hold 12 items, some items take more space, like firewood/a woodpile)

You can find things over time, like a Pack to carry things in, a tool belt, etc.

I hope everyone enjoys. Everyone spawns on the coast, but in different locations, by the way. I will tell you what city you start near.

Tips for Beginners:
1. Trust no-one!
2. Savenge
3. Slay Zombies/Bandits
4. Hunt
5. Survive

• 167 Replies
rockPolotics
rockPolotics
53 posts
Peasant

Name: Mec
---------
---------
Inventory: Painkillers
Weapon: Flashlight(100%)
---------
Mec's Story: (as you progress, this will be filled out by itself)

Hmmm, I suppose the gas station will be my destination.

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

[b]PLEASE READ. Please take the time to put more effort into this, and add more details. Give me more than one action so we can speed this up a little bit. For example, if you want to head to a Hospital, say what you are going to do to get there, and say what you will do when you arrive. EX: "I scout the area for zombies or survivors for five minutes, then I advance to the hospital carefully, crouching. If any zombies come too close for comfort, I hit the dirt and crawl the rest of the way. If I get any zombies on my trail, I immediately get up and sprint to the hospital. If I don't get any unwanted attention, however, I crawl to the doors and open them silently." That was a little lengthy for an action, but I could have made a longer one. That is basically what you can do to make the most out of a post. You will save time, and if you were bleeding, you would definitely save more blood by making more than one action IF you were attacked by something. So my point is... try to type more than one sentence, and come up with backup plans in case your main plan fails. Thank you for reading!

Name: Lucas Gustavo
Day: 1
---------
---------
Inventory(3/12): 2 Makarov mags/bandage/morphine/painkillers/flashlight
Weapon: Makarov 9;2
---------
Lucas's Story:

I'll try sneaking into the other one.
You go around the outside of the perimeter, and reach the large blue doors of the warehouse. You tug on the handle of the large door. The door rattles and makes a small amount of noise. You can hear zombies growl a little louder. You look behind you, and some of them are coming to investigate the sound. You decide to yank open the door. It slides open very slowly, and you enter. Then, you try to shut the door on them. As you try to shut the large doors, it makes a loud screech, and zombies come running to the doors. You finally close them, and you look around. You see piles of garbage in the center, and another pile of garbage in a corner near the back. You investigate the belongings a little closer, and you find a car wheel. Then suddenly, you hear insane growling and roaring from the zombies outside of the warehouse. They begin to bang on the big blue doors in an attempt to break in. After deciding that they cannot enter that way, you check other parts of the warehouse, and then you find a tank trap kit, and a windscreen glass that is packaged in a thin, rectangular cardboard box. What items will you take, and What will you do next?(Also, if you haven't seen the bold text above, please read it.)

The tank trap kit looks like this after it is set up:
https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUyUg_wS4dFC4AvaggxMYUxyXsGSiE1PWeelSRLXB0P5T9bBDfMg
===========================================
Name:Adrian
---------
---------
---------
Adrian's Story:

I go into a small shack quietly as I can.

You advance the shack, walking slowly in the crouched position. The zombies haven't noticed you yet as you slowly approach the small shack. You vault over a fence very quietly and slowly, and you crouch back down. After doing all of this, you make your way into the shack. After almost stepping on it, you find a Hatchet, and two tin cans. What will you take, and what will you do next?(If you haven't seen the bold text above, please read it before proceeding)
========================================
---------
---------
---------
Mec's Story:

Hmmm, I suppose the gas station will be my destination.
You head towards the gas station, but then count about eight zombies walking around the area. You decide to crouch, and think about how you will proceed with your plan. (If you haven't read the bold text at the very top, please do so)
draick
draick
1,461 posts
Farmer

Name: Michael
---------
---------
Inventory: Nothing

beckitten27
beckitten27
336 posts
Peasant

Name:rebecca
---------

Inventory nothing
Weapon: none
---------

I look around

Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

I was camped out in secluded hut far off from the general location after a few days of playing, and I used it for all my storage. But then a bunch of newbies came, killed me, then took all of my stuff I took time in finding.

rockPolotics
rockPolotics
53 posts
Peasant

========================================
---------
---------
---------
Mec's Story:

Oh sorry about that, most people in forum games prefer one sentence so... Well anyways.

Hmm, one of me, eight zombies, not looking good. I decide to give up on the gas station and instead backtrack to the buildings from before. There I'll search for supplies.

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

@Bluydee / So you had a tent and all where you stored your stuff? And yeah, people are (I wish I could say the actual word I'm thinking) ignorant brats in DayZ, but there is a solution to your problem. You could just go to a server with hardly anyone there, like a server with only 5 people or less. That is the easiest solution, but it takes the intensity and thrill out of the game. If you want a partner, I could team up with you. It would make the DayZ experience less anti-climatic.

---------
---------
---------
Michael's Story: (This will be filled out as you progress with your life)

Please take the time to put more effort into this, and add more details. Give me more than one action so we can speed this up a little bit. For example, if you want to head to a Hospital, say what you are going to do to get there, and say what you will do when you arrive. EX: "I scout the area for zombies or survivors for five minutes, then I advance to the hospital carefully, crouching. If any zombies come too close for comfort, I hit the dirt and crawl the rest of the way. If I get any zombies on my trail, I immediately get up and sprint to the hospital. If I don't get any unwanted attention, however, I crawl to the doors and open them silently." That was a little lengthy for an action, but I could have made a longer one. That is basically what you can do to make the most out of a post. You will save time, and if you were bleeding, you would definitely save more blood by making more than one action IF you were attacked by something. So my point is... try to type more than one sentence, and come up with backup plans in case your main plan fails. Thank you for reading!

Now, lets get to your story!

You spawn near the coast, and you can hear the faint sound of growling zombies already. You look behind you, and there is nothing but ocean water. To your left, you can see an industrial building far in the distance, and you can see what looks like a smoke stack... looks as if its an industrial type area. Then, you shift your graze to your right. There, you see nothing but grass and the coast line. Fog covers the rest of the distance. Then, you look forward. You see nothing but a slightly elevated hill 5 meters ahead of you. You will see more of the area if you ascend it. What will you do/where will you go?
=============================
Name:rebecca
---------

Inventory nothing
Weapon: none
---------

Please take the time to put more effort into this, and add more details. Give me more than one action so we can speed this up a little bit. For example, if you want to head to a Hospital, say what you are going to do to get there, and say what you will do when you arrive. EX: "I scout the area for zombies or survivors for five minutes, then I advance to the hospital carefully, crouching. If any zombies come too close for comfort, I hit the dirt and crawl the rest of the way. If I get any zombies on my trail, I immediately get up and sprint to the hospital. If I don't get any unwanted attention, however, I crawl to the doors and open them silently." That was a little lengthy for an action, but I could have made a longer one. That is basically what you can do to make the most out of a post. You will save time, and if you were bleeding, you would definitely save more blood by making more than one action IF you were attacked by something. So my point is... try to type more than one sentence, and come up with backup plans in case your main plan fails. Thank you for reading!

Now, on to your story.

I look around
You already looked around. If you want to see more, then you'd have to ascend the hill and look from there to get a better view of things. And please refrain from using three word sentences....
=========================================

---------
---------
---------
Mec's Story:

Oh sorry about that, most people in forum games prefer one sentence so... Well anyways.
This is just a more efficient way to get stuff done in the world, and it helps me with determining how you approach things and how stealthy you are, how accurate you are, depending on what steps you do to make that happen. This is realistic, so if you just say "I walk to the apartment", then your character will walk and only walk, and then your probably gonna die from zombies.

Hmm, one of me, eight zombies, not looking good. I decide to give up on the gas station and instead backtrack to the buildings from before. There I'll search for supplies.

You make your way back to the coast, then you head to the buildings. You pass the bridge, and your pants and legs get wet from walking in the water. Walking in the water made a little noise, but not enough to be heard by any threats. As you exit the water, you ascend a small hill, then you see the town again. You see the sign, but its facing the opposite direction. You head towards the nearest building, which happens to be a shack. After dodging a few close calls with zombies, you find an empty tin can, and an empty soda can. Do you want to pick these up? After you decide, what will you do next?
crazyape
crazyape
1,606 posts
Peasant

Are there any open slots?

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Yes. Feel free to join. Just use the others character sheets to update the original, then fill in the info

ericthai1
ericthai1
1,030 posts
Nomad

---------
---------
---------
Adrian's Story:

I take the hatchet and 2 can while trying to find out if they're empty if they are then drop them if not take em and I go to another building then check for zombies after that supplies.

rockPolotics
rockPolotics
53 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
---------
Mec's Story:

Hmm, such a wonderful bounty eh? XD, well I suppose it makes it more interesting this way. I'll take the tin can, if it doesn't have any holes, and the bottle, if it doesn't have any holes and has a cap (I'm assuming the bottle is standard 16 oz?). Now I will continue to walk around the outer areas of the city to avoid going into much more developed areas (more buildings, more zombies). To best avoid a conflict, I'll try to keep a good 100 yards from both zombies and other people while I'm searching, if possible. I'll avoid larger buildings, and stick to smaller houses, shacks, convenience stores, etc. For loot priorities it goes, food/water supplies (put water in the bottle if not already in a container), weapons with ammo, simple tools (crowbar, hammer, flint, etc), medicine/things used to cure ailments, and other.

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

I'll only start posting whenever all six players post, then I'll proceed. Mainly because you will soon end up meeting each other eventually if you continue playing and if you don't get killed by zombies. I'm doing this because if I update all six stories at the same time each time, then everyone's actions will be equal to each other.

And, if anyone else besides crazyape tries to join, then they will have to wait until Day 2 until they can be spawned and entered into the game.

draick
draick
1,461 posts
Farmer

---------
---------
---------
Michael's Story:

I head towards the direction of the industrial building. If I see anything that might try to kill me but hasn't noticed me I try to avoid it but if it did notice me and starts to go after me I run and look for shelter. Once I arrive at the location of the industrial building I look for a building that doesn't have many zombies near it and might have something I can use as a weapon.

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Temperature: 37C
---------
Humanity: 0 - Neutral
Thirst: 89%
Hunger: 94%
---------
Headshots: 0
Overall Rank: Lone Survivor (This will change based on actions you take in the future)
---------
Inventory(11/12): Painkillers
Primary: Hatchet
Secondary: Flashlight(100%)
---------
Adrian's Story:

The cans are empty, so you decide to drop them. Then you walk to another building. Then, you hear zombies growl louder, then they run after you. You weren't being stealthy. You break into a run, and you race towards the house with four zombies tailing you. You get closer and closer, but as you run, more zombies join the zombie train. You reach the house, and you shut the door behind you. The zombies begin to swing at thrash at the door, making terrible sounds. You become frightened(Your body temperature rises from this). Then quickly, you search the house for any items. The house is wooden, and its not that large at all. There is just a small space where the door is, and there is a medium sized room beside it, with hardly any furniture.
http://static.dayzdb.com/icons/buildings/land_housev_1i4.jpg
You search, and find a steel bolt, a soda can (full), and a Makarov mag. You look in the other corner, and you find three empty tin cans, a bandage, and an empty whiskey bottle. What will you take and do next?
=================================================================
Temperature: 35C
---------
---------
Overall Rank: Lone Survivor (This will change based on actions you take in the future)
---------
Inventory(9/12): Painkillers, empty tin can, M24 mag
Primary: Nothing.
---------
Mec's Story:

I'll avoid larger buildings, and stick to smaller houses, shacks, convenience stores, etc. For loot priorities it goes, food/water supplies (put water in the bottle if not already in a container), weapons with ammo, simple tools (crowbar, hammer, flint, etc), medicine/things used to cure ailments, and other.

Unfortunately, what you found was an empty soda can, not a bottle.
You maintain a safe distance, then when the coast is clear, you swoop into a shack silently to check what may be there. You find an empty whiskey bottle, and a M24 mag. You take the M24 mag and decide to hold onto it until it either needs to be used, or if it needs to be dropped. You find a dog house on the outer edge of the city, but there is nothing but trash in it. You continue to explore and investigate. Then, you come up on the sign that you saw earlier with the strange wooden plank attached to the bottom of the sign. You get close enough to see it, but you cannot read the white text because it is in Russian. You look at the wooden plank, and it reads,"Solnichniy". At least now you know where your at. Then, you keep searching for small houses, shacks, and a convenience store. As you circle around, you find a water pump. You keep moving, out of range and out of sight, and you find yet another shack, but there are a lot of zombies patrolling the area around it, so you decide to pass it by. After searching more than half the city, you find nothing but shacks and dog houses on the outer edge, except for a very tall apartment-type building that is located in the heart of the city. Seems like it is capable of having a lot of loot. You also couldn't help but notice the large warehouse near the coast on the other side of the city. You didn't manage to find a convenience store anywhere around here. What will you do now?
=======================================================
---------
---------
---------
---------
Michael's Story:

You arrive at the location with no troubles. It turns out that it is a large warehouse. Ahead, you see different types of buildings, and you can also see a blue rectangular sign up ahead with white text on it, and there seems to be a wooden plank attached to the bottom of the sign with a dark print on it. You leave the industrial building to search for houses to find a weapon, but the city is heavily overridden by zombies. You can count at least fourteen on the outer edge. Want to revise your plan? What will you do now?

ericthai1
ericthai1
1,030 posts
Nomad

Temperature: 37C
---------
---------
---------
Inventory(11/12): Painkillers
Primary: Hatchet
---------
Adrian's Story:

I take the Makarov mag,soda can and the bandage.Then I quietly open the window and steathily walk to a safe distance while watching my back.

Showing 16-30 of 167