ForumsForum Games(The Most Realistic) Zombie Survival RPG

167 24984
Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

You may be thinking, I've already seen so many Zombie RPG's... how could this one be any different? Well, if you've played my RPG's before, I've provided my players with more detail than the average hoster. This time, there will be even more detail. I'm basing this game off of an actual map from a game called Arma2-Operation Arrowhead. There is a mod for this game, called DayZ. I'm basing this zombie RPG off of the map, Chernarus.

Please read EVERYTHING. All of this is important for your survival!

Lets get down to the core elements of this RPG...

Hunting and Survival - Eating and drinking is a core part of gameplay, you can tell if you need something by subtle sounds, like a growling stomach, and if you don't fulfil those needs. You'll die. Wandering animals can killed and gutted (with the right tools) to gain access to their meat which can be eaten so you live longer but also to gain blood. For once these animals actually have a use.

Vehicles and Weapons - Yes, you can find vehicles in the zombie apocalypse. The only problem is... mostly all of them are destroyed! You can find the right amount of tools to repair the vehicles that you want to drive around. Oh, you also need Jerry Cans to refill your fuel. As for the weapons, you need to use your ammo very wisely. Headshots will always do the job right, no need to waste ammo shooting at the torso... unless your aim is really bad. Almost all weapons are extremely loud, especially the Lee Enfield. Certain types of weapons have different sound ranges. Pistols for example have less sound pollution than a rifle or an assault rifle. The crossbow however, is the most silent weapon in the game (apart from the melee weapons).

Being Chased - Sadly, everyone gets tired. If you run for a long time, you will need to rest, but it takes a while to get tired just from running. Being chased by zombies, however, will make you fatigued if you run, and also scared. Your character will breathe harder, be frightened, and most likely pass out for extended periods of time if you get chased for too long.

Safety and Tips - If you are in trouble by being chased by zombies, RUN INTO A BUILDING. Zombies are forced to walk inside buildings. Yes, they can run faster than you when your outside, but in buildings, they are easy pickings... unless you have no ammo. In that case, your trapped and doomed. A few tips are to conserve ammo, don't go near large cities (because zombies aren't the only threat), and be resourceful.

Blood Levels - The blood level is the most important factor in the game, obviously. In the character sheet, your HP will be labeled "Blood". Here are the affects of the blood levels as they decline (after being hit by zombies, being shot, ect)
12000 - Max Blood
< 9000 - Sussceptible to "one hit Knock out" from zombies
< 8000 - Colour and sound begin to fade (You become slightly paranoid and dizzy)
< 5000 - May fall Unconscious
< 4000 - Black and white vision, dizziness, loss of much hearing capability
< 3000 - Shakiness, blurry vision (can't find/identify things easily), and consistent fainting
0 - Player Dead

How to Regain Blood - Eating canned foods will restore 200 points of Blood. Eating cooked meat from animals that you hunted restores 800 points of blood. Also, you can get a Blood Transfusion, but this requires another person. Blood Transfusions heal your character fully, even if your character only has 100 Blood left (which is terribly close to death).

Status Effects - Bleeding can occur when:
-Being hit by Zombies
-Getting shot
-Getting hit by an explosive
-Falling
Shock is the status effect a player will receive after being shot at by another player or damaging themselves somehow (mainly by falling). Shock wears off after a few posts, this effect can not be mended by medication.
Pain is caused when the player takes damage, it has a chance to proc on any type of damage including, falling, Zombie hits or gun shot wounds. Pain can be relieved by taking Painkillers.
Causes of Broken Bones:
-Falling
-Being shot in the leg
-zombies on rare occasions.
If you have broken legs, your character will only be able to crawl. To restore your broken bones, use Morphine.
Causes of being Unconscious:
-A very large amount of non lethal damage, for example, being hit by a rifle shot
-Dropping below 3000 blood will cause the player to drift in and out of consciousness.
-Being hit by a zombie with less than 9000 blood
Using an Epi-Pen will restore any one from unconsciousness *can only be applied by another survivor)
Causes of Infection:
-Random chance when Temperature drops below 36C (Celsius)
-Spending time near players who are already sick
You can cure infection by using Antibiotics. You will know if your character is sick if he coughs and splutters.
Treatments for being Cold:
Colds are caused from being below 33 degrees Celsius.
-A Fireplace must be made using Wood Pile and a Matchbox
-Heat Pack Must be used.
-Shelter must be found inside Buildings or Vehicles

In this game, you can collect things such as a Map, a Compass, a Watch, etc. Day and Night time within the game will last for a long time. I'm thinking day time will last for 20-30 of your posts, and night will last 15-20 posts.

Day and Night - In the day time, you are much more visible to zombies. At night, the zombies find it harder to see you, but they can still hear you very well. Weather affects how well you can be seen or heard, however. The rain makes it harder to hear, and see you. But it makes the zombies and other players/survivors harder to see you as well.

Humanity - Healing other players and surviving along with other players will increase your humanity, which makes you like-able, and other survivors will know not to shoot you. If you kill survivors for their belongings, or just for fun, you will become a bandit, and you will change into the bandit costume/uniform automatically. Survivors and other Bandits will identify you as a bandit. Survivors will always shoot on sight if they see you as a bandit, but other bandits might shoot on sight. Sometimes, other bandits want to welcome a new member to the banditry raids.

Survivors and Bandits - You can tell who is a survivor and a bandit. Survivors will be wearing normal clothes, like a white or black long sleeve t-shirt, and bandits will be wearing an army uniform, but with a towel wrapping around their entire face.

Survivor:
https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSeYksEqezN2xKqmZtM7flGvnUHW6_ODy9ioBkbDqekCYLislSk

Bandits:
https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdyd1PC7XicX9EadkfQwBErpCSxSVv40ZXYUv0SE_-3ixEf3FhBA

I think that is enough about the game... on to the character sheet.. FINALLY!

Name: (First name, no last name required.)
Blood: 12000
Temperature: 36C
---------
Zombies Killed: 0
Murders: 0
Bandits Killed: 0
---------
Inventory: Nothing (You can hold 12 items, some items take more space, like firewood/a woodpile)

You can find things over time, like a Pack to carry things in, a tool belt, etc.

I hope everyone enjoys. Everyone spawns on the coast, but in different locations, by the way. I will tell you what city you start near.

Tips for Beginners:
1. Trust no-one!
2. Savenge
3. Slay Zombies/Bandits
4. Hunt
5. Survive

• 167 Replies
Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Name: Cythraul
Temperature: 36°C
Day: 1
---------
Humanity: 0 - Neutral
Thirst: 100%
Hunger: 100%
---------
Headshots: 0
Overall Rank: Fresh Meat
---------
Inventory(11/12): Painkillers
Primary: Nothing
Secondary: Flashlight(100%)
---------
Cythraul's Story:

You spawn near the coast, and you can hear the faint sound of growling zombies already. You look behind you, and there is nothing but ocean water. To your left, you can see an industrial building far in the distance, and you can see what looks like a smoke stack... looks as if its an industrial type area. Then, you shift your graze to your right. There, you see nothing but grass and the coast line. Fog covers the rest of the distance. Then, you look forward. You see nothing but a slightly elevated hill 5 meters ahead of you. You will see more of the area if you ascend it. What will you do/where will you go?
=========================================
Name: Michael
---------
Thirst: 86%
Hunger: 93%
---------
Overall Rank: Lone Survivor
---------
Inventory(7/12): Painkillers;Wire Fencing Kit;Whiskey Bottle; 2 Tin cans
---------
Michael's Story:

You can fortify the warehouse, but it will take a lot of time and determination. As you look outside, you see a town of some sort, and there is a sign on the outer edge of it. There are quite a few zombies in the town. Did you want to fortify here, or scavenge/investigate the town?
=====================================
Name: John Steele
---------
Thirst: 91%
Hunger: 95%
---------
---------
Primary: Stick
---------
John's Story: None

You circle around the building. You hear something inside trying to jiggle the window open. Seems like there is no back door to the building. Then, you get closer to inspect what is clawing at the window. You look inside, and you see a man ruthlessly trying to lift the window up, but it seems like it won't budge. Through the window, you can see the door being hit by the zombies., and by the looks of it, the door will not last another minute. What will you do?
===============================================
Name: Mec
Temperature: 35°C
---------
Thirst: 97%(If you drink coke or pepsi, your thirst will stay dynamic. If you hydrate with water, your thirst will stay static at 100% for a few posts)
Hunger: 85%
---------
Overall Rank: Clever Ghost
---------
Inventory(0/12):2 Painkillers;Wire Fencing Kit;10 Chemlights;2 Bandage;3 cans of beans;Empty Water Bottle;Binoculars
Primary: Hatchet
Additional: Watch
---------
Time: 2:13 PM
Mec's Story:

The factory has three large red double doors; two of which are open, and it has a single back door. You can also see a staircase through some windows and it looks like a small tower extends from the top of the factory. You decide to go there. You approach, then your forced to crawl again because of the zombie threat in the vicinity. You crawl to the back door, since that is the closest and most silent option. You open it, and close it with no disturbances. However, you here racket coming from the tower. There is doorway with a missing door, and a staircase within it leading up the small tower. (This tower isn't like a deer stand or an actual tower type thing, its just a rectangular extension to the roof with a staircase leading up and with windows at each floor) Then suddenly, you hear something clanking around at the top of the tower. Sounds like a tin can. Then, it stops, and you begin to hear footsteps. Is there someone else in here? A zombie? Or worse... a bandit?
============================================
Name: Mopar
---------
---------
---------
Inventory(11/12):Painkillers
---------
Mopar's Story: (Will fill itself out after you do something memorable)

You spawn, and you hear the crackling waves of the ocean behind you. The sun is high in the sky, and it feels pretty decent out here right now.You look left, and you can see railroad tracks going along side a small town, with a road crossing it. There is also two small buildings there. Ahead of you, you see a gas station, and the right half of the town. There are mainly small buildings in the town. There is a sign beside the gas station with a white text on it. From here it is unreadable. You also see a wooden plank attached to the bottom of the sign that has some sort of text written on it. As you look right, you see a two-lane road and the railroad tracks leading away from you--possibly to another city. You look back at the town, and notice that there aren't many zombies here. Looks like there are two in sight, and they are widely dispersed. What do you want to do?
============================================
Name: Jon Vexin
---------
Thirst: 93%
Hunger: 97%
---------
---------
Inventory: Painkillers
--------
Jon's Story:

You head towards the left part of the city. You have three apartments in sight. You circle around the the first one, and check if the coast is clear. You only see two zombies around the building. You can see the staircase in the apartment... and it looks as if no one is there. You stay for a little longer to see if you see any survivors, but you see none. Then, you decide to advance slowly to the first apartment. You turn the corner, and you stop. As you look down a street , you see a larger apartment building, and beside that, a hospital. You have a weird feeling about this... you'd think that a lot of people would be visiting this place in order to find medical supplies. You go around to the door of the apartment you are at, and enter. You search the apartment thoroughly with no troubles, and this is what you've found:
-a Map
-a Coyote Patrol Pack (Has 8 inventory spaces)
-Roadflares (10)
-3 Sodas
-a Makarov (weak pistol)
-3 crushed tin cans
-2 Bandages
-2Rnd. Slugs

What will you take? What will you do next?

rockPolotics
rockPolotics
53 posts
Peasant

---------
Thirst: 97%(If you drink coke or pepsi, your thirst will stay dynamic. If you hydrate with water, your thirst will stay static at 100% for a few posts)
Hunger: 85%
---------
---------
Inventory(0/12):2 Painkillers;Wire Fencing Kit;10 Chemlights;2 Bandage;3 cans of beans;Empty Water Bottle;Binoculars
---------
Time: 2:13 PM
Mec's Story:

Ah crap. If only this was actually the game, then I could just yell out "Friendly!" and have a slightly (very slightly) larger chance of surviving. Hmm, I'm weaponless and have nothing valuable to bargain with, this isn't good. Eh, I think I'll leave this one. If it's a zombie there's no way I can kill it and kill it silently, unless it turns out I have mad lumberjack skills. If it's a survivor, bandit or not, then they probably cleaned the factory out anyways. So, I'm just going to retreat.

Now where to go next... I guess I'll just continue patrolling the settlement cautiously until I find something good.

draick
draick
1,461 posts
Farmer

---------
Thirst: 86%
Hunger: 93%
---------
---------
---------
Michael's Story:

I fortify the warehouse using the objects inside. If I can't find enough materials and objects in the warehouse I use the large objects in the warehouse to block the doors. Afterwards If I couldn't find enough materials I search around the vicinity of the warehouse for supplies I can use to fortify the warehouse while avoiding anything that might kill me. If I was able to fortify the warehouse I head towards the town and investigate while avoiding any zombies.

ichigo773
ichigo773
1,046 posts
Nomad

---------
Hunger: 97%
---------
---------
Inventory: Painkillers
--------
Jon's Story:

I take the road flares, the pack, the makarov i take the sodas and bandages and the Rnd slugs i place whatever items i have to in the coyote pack and then i go into the hospital and crouch trying to search it silently if i cant then i leave and go into the woods to look for a deer stand(i read the wiki :3)

MoparGamer
MoparGamer
144 posts
Nomad

---------
---------
---------
---------
Mopar's Story: (Will fill itself out after you do something memorable)

I'll head in town reading the signs on my way through.

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

---------
Hunger: 82%
---------
---------
---------
Time: 2:26 PM
Mec's Story:

If only this was actually the game, then I could just yell out "Friendly!"
You could have, since your in the same building, the survivor/bandit/zombie would have heard you loud and clear. By the way, have you actually played the game?

You exit through the back door, and you creep up to a shed of some sort. Behind it, you see a huge building, bigger than the factory with the tower. You look back at the tower, but you can only see the staircase through the glass. You don't see any movement, or shadows. What do you want to do?
============================
---------
Thirst: 82%
Hunger: 91%
---------
---------
---------
Michael's Story:

First, you investigate the warehouse and search the items within. In the warehouse, you find:
-two empty tin cans
-an empty whiskey bottle
-an empty soda can
-a Soda Can(Coke)
-a DMR Mag
-a Hunting Knife

Apart from those things, you find piles of trash around the factory.

You couldn't find anything in there to fortify the factory, but you still have your wire fencing kit. You can set up barbed wire wherever you want, but you can only use it once. The warehouse has two large blue double doors, and one white door on the very end, but they are all on the same side--there are no back doors to the factory, so it is an easy place to fortify and defend. Do you still want to fortify? If so, what door? You will need to find more fencing wire kits in order to block every door.
======================================
---------
Thirst: 89%
Hunger: 94%
---------
---------
Coyote Patrol Pack(1/8):Road Flares(10);3 Sodas;2 Bandages;2Rnd. Slugs
Primary: Makarov
--------
Jon's Story:

You head towards the hospital by crossing the road. The zombies haven't seen you, and hopefully no other people saw you. You reach the doors of the hospital, but the doors are locked. The only way you can get in is if you break the glass windows on the side of the hospital. Suddenly, you hear a gunshot. Then, the glass windows break. You hear the zombies screech wildly, and run past you, down the road, and past other buildings. Then, another shot is heard. The bullet passes right by your shoulder, and ricochets off of a metal bar on the door. Quickly, you decide to run through the broken glass and take cover inside the hospital. As you run into the building, another bullet barely misses you as you dive into the hospital. The interior is very small... there is just an office, and a door to the left of you, but the door is fortified with four wooden planks. What do you want to do in this situation?
===============================
---------
Thirst: 98%
Hunger: 95%
---------
---------
---------
Mopar's Story:

You investigate the sign. It reads,"Kamenka." You pass a few buildings, but you run into a couple of zombies staggering around inside the town, so you take cover behind the building, right next to the gas station. You count thirteen zombies now, and some are walking in and out of some houses down the road. You count two small shacks, and nine houses, varying in sizes. Some of the buildings are blocking the view of others, there may be more to the town. What are you doing to do, now that you know of the dangers and possibilities?
crazyape
crazyape
1,606 posts
Peasant

Name: Cythraul
---------
---------
---------
---------
Cythraul's Story:

I move off towards the industrial area, careful to make as little noise as possible, while staying alert and prepared to run madly.

ichigo773
ichigo773
1,046 posts
Nomad

---------
Thirst: 89%
Hunger: 94%
---------
---------
Coyote Patrol Pack(1/8):Road Flares(10);3 Sodas;2 Bandages;2Rnd. Slugs
Primary: Makarov
--------
Jon's Story:

I will stay in cover waiting for the person who opened fire unless they just got themselves ****ed sidewyas

rockPolotics
rockPolotics
53 posts
Peasant

---------
Hunger: 82%
---------
---------
---------
Time: 2:26 PM
Mec's Story:

No, I actually haven't played the game, but I decided to look it up just to see if I could get some tips.

Hmm, big factory huh. Sounds promising. I will go try and loot there. This time, since it seems like the factory is pretty large, I'll just try and avoid zombies/other players instead of running away.

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Sorry everyone for the wait. I want to start updating after every single player posts. If any player is inactive for two days or so, then he/she will just be ignored and won't be able to play any more. (In other words, kicked.) However, if one of the players tell me that they will be gone for a while, then that will be okay and they won't be kicked. We will play normally, as long as everyone else posts. Then when the player comes back, then it will be the same as it was before.

We are waiting for the characters Michael and Mopar for now. The reason I want to wait for every one to post before I update the stories is because this is Multiplayer, and you will run into each other eventually, and some of you are about to run into another player already.

draick
draick
1,461 posts
Farmer

---------
Thirst: 82%
Hunger: 91%
---------
---------
---------
Michael's Story:

I take the soda can(Coke), the DMR mag, and the hunting knife. Afterwards I check each door to see if they have locks. If all doors have locks I use the wire fencing kit to set up barbed wire at the weakest door. If one door has no lock I set up barbed wire there. If two or more doors have no locks I set up barbed wire at the weakest door.

Zyba
Zyba
1,126 posts
Peasant

Name: Sanger Rainsford
---------
---------
Inventory: Nothing

I'm naming my character after a character who was successful at surviving from a book for this is The Most Dangerous Game

Anyways... where am I? (or can't I still play?)

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Yeah you can still join and play, but we have to have everyone that is playing to post because this is multiplayer, and your actions wont counter act with each other if the other player was away or not playing. So there may be some times where you have to wait for everyone else to post until I update :/

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Still waiting for Mopar. If he doesn't post by tomorrow, then we will continue without him. Sorry for the wait. I wish it could be easier than to wait for one or more people to post, but its multiplayer, and the time is the same for everyone. If its 6:13, then its 6:13 for everyone else as well. We just gotta have everyone at once so everyone gets an equal chance to make the most out of their day to survive.

scrapydukes
scrapydukes
88 posts
Nomad

Name:Kyle
---------
---------