ForumsForum Games(The Most Realistic) Zombie Survival RPG

167 24991
Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

You may be thinking, I've already seen so many Zombie RPG's... how could this one be any different? Well, if you've played my RPG's before, I've provided my players with more detail than the average hoster. This time, there will be even more detail. I'm basing this game off of an actual map from a game called Arma2-Operation Arrowhead. There is a mod for this game, called DayZ. I'm basing this zombie RPG off of the map, Chernarus.

Please read EVERYTHING. All of this is important for your survival!

Lets get down to the core elements of this RPG...

Hunting and Survival - Eating and drinking is a core part of gameplay, you can tell if you need something by subtle sounds, like a growling stomach, and if you don't fulfil those needs. You'll die. Wandering animals can killed and gutted (with the right tools) to gain access to their meat which can be eaten so you live longer but also to gain blood. For once these animals actually have a use.

Vehicles and Weapons - Yes, you can find vehicles in the zombie apocalypse. The only problem is... mostly all of them are destroyed! You can find the right amount of tools to repair the vehicles that you want to drive around. Oh, you also need Jerry Cans to refill your fuel. As for the weapons, you need to use your ammo very wisely. Headshots will always do the job right, no need to waste ammo shooting at the torso... unless your aim is really bad. Almost all weapons are extremely loud, especially the Lee Enfield. Certain types of weapons have different sound ranges. Pistols for example have less sound pollution than a rifle or an assault rifle. The crossbow however, is the most silent weapon in the game (apart from the melee weapons).

Being Chased - Sadly, everyone gets tired. If you run for a long time, you will need to rest, but it takes a while to get tired just from running. Being chased by zombies, however, will make you fatigued if you run, and also scared. Your character will breathe harder, be frightened, and most likely pass out for extended periods of time if you get chased for too long.

Safety and Tips - If you are in trouble by being chased by zombies, RUN INTO A BUILDING. Zombies are forced to walk inside buildings. Yes, they can run faster than you when your outside, but in buildings, they are easy pickings... unless you have no ammo. In that case, your trapped and doomed. A few tips are to conserve ammo, don't go near large cities (because zombies aren't the only threat), and be resourceful.

Blood Levels - The blood level is the most important factor in the game, obviously. In the character sheet, your HP will be labeled "Blood". Here are the affects of the blood levels as they decline (after being hit by zombies, being shot, ect)
12000 - Max Blood
< 9000 - Sussceptible to "one hit Knock out" from zombies
< 8000 - Colour and sound begin to fade (You become slightly paranoid and dizzy)
< 5000 - May fall Unconscious
< 4000 - Black and white vision, dizziness, loss of much hearing capability
< 3000 - Shakiness, blurry vision (can't find/identify things easily), and consistent fainting
0 - Player Dead

How to Regain Blood - Eating canned foods will restore 200 points of Blood. Eating cooked meat from animals that you hunted restores 800 points of blood. Also, you can get a Blood Transfusion, but this requires another person. Blood Transfusions heal your character fully, even if your character only has 100 Blood left (which is terribly close to death).

Status Effects - Bleeding can occur when:
-Being hit by Zombies
-Getting shot
-Getting hit by an explosive
-Falling
Shock is the status effect a player will receive after being shot at by another player or damaging themselves somehow (mainly by falling). Shock wears off after a few posts, this effect can not be mended by medication.
Pain is caused when the player takes damage, it has a chance to proc on any type of damage including, falling, Zombie hits or gun shot wounds. Pain can be relieved by taking Painkillers.
Causes of Broken Bones:
-Falling
-Being shot in the leg
-zombies on rare occasions.
If you have broken legs, your character will only be able to crawl. To restore your broken bones, use Morphine.
Causes of being Unconscious:
-A very large amount of non lethal damage, for example, being hit by a rifle shot
-Dropping below 3000 blood will cause the player to drift in and out of consciousness.
-Being hit by a zombie with less than 9000 blood
Using an Epi-Pen will restore any one from unconsciousness *can only be applied by another survivor)
Causes of Infection:
-Random chance when Temperature drops below 36C (Celsius)
-Spending time near players who are already sick
You can cure infection by using Antibiotics. You will know if your character is sick if he coughs and splutters.
Treatments for being Cold:
Colds are caused from being below 33 degrees Celsius.
-A Fireplace must be made using Wood Pile and a Matchbox
-Heat Pack Must be used.
-Shelter must be found inside Buildings or Vehicles

In this game, you can collect things such as a Map, a Compass, a Watch, etc. Day and Night time within the game will last for a long time. I'm thinking day time will last for 20-30 of your posts, and night will last 15-20 posts.

Day and Night - In the day time, you are much more visible to zombies. At night, the zombies find it harder to see you, but they can still hear you very well. Weather affects how well you can be seen or heard, however. The rain makes it harder to hear, and see you. But it makes the zombies and other players/survivors harder to see you as well.

Humanity - Healing other players and surviving along with other players will increase your humanity, which makes you like-able, and other survivors will know not to shoot you. If you kill survivors for their belongings, or just for fun, you will become a bandit, and you will change into the bandit costume/uniform automatically. Survivors and other Bandits will identify you as a bandit. Survivors will always shoot on sight if they see you as a bandit, but other bandits might shoot on sight. Sometimes, other bandits want to welcome a new member to the banditry raids.

Survivors and Bandits - You can tell who is a survivor and a bandit. Survivors will be wearing normal clothes, like a white or black long sleeve t-shirt, and bandits will be wearing an army uniform, but with a towel wrapping around their entire face.

Survivor:
https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSeYksEqezN2xKqmZtM7flGvnUHW6_ODy9ioBkbDqekCYLislSk

Bandits:
https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdyd1PC7XicX9EadkfQwBErpCSxSVv40ZXYUv0SE_-3ixEf3FhBA

I think that is enough about the game... on to the character sheet.. FINALLY!

Name: (First name, no last name required.)
Blood: 12000
Temperature: 36C
---------
Zombies Killed: 0
Murders: 0
Bandits Killed: 0
---------
Inventory: Nothing (You can hold 12 items, some items take more space, like firewood/a woodpile)

You can find things over time, like a Pack to carry things in, a tool belt, etc.

I hope everyone enjoys. Everyone spawns on the coast, but in different locations, by the way. I will tell you what city you start near.

Tips for Beginners:
1. Trust no-one!
2. Savenge
3. Slay Zombies/Bandits
4. Hunt
5. Survive

• 167 Replies
rockPolotics
rockPolotics
53 posts
Peasant

Oh, and for my next action, I'm going to go to the roof of the apartment building, since there aren't any zombies (right?) and scout out potential loot spots, potential enemies, with my newly found binoculars.

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Name: Mec
Temperature: 35°C
---------
Humanity: 0 - Neutral
Thirst: 100%
Hunger: 86%
---------
Headshots: 0
Overall Rank: Clever Ghost
---------
Inventory(0/12):2 Painkillers;Wire Fencing Kit;10 Chemlights;2 Bandage;3 cans of beans;Empty Water Bottle;Binoculars
Primary: Hatchet
Secondary: Flashlight(100%)
Additional: Watch
---------
Time: 12:33 PM
Mec's Story:

No zombies are in the building. You climb a ladder after finding one, and you ascend to the roof. There, you crouch, and look through the binoculars. After scouting, you find zombies walking around far in the distance. Then, after sweeping the binoculars to the right, you find a bunch of zombies chasing a survivor to a treeline, far out of the town. You count thirteen chasing him. His back is turned towards you, so its hard to identify what gun he is currently using, but it looks like its a rifle of some sort. What are you going to do now?

ichigo773
ichigo773
1,046 posts
Nomad

Name: Jon Vexin
Temperature: 36°C
Day: 1
---------
Thirst: 97%
Hunger: 99%
---------
Overall Rank: Fresh Meat
---------
Inventory: Painkillers
Primary: Nothing
--------
Jon's Story:

I leave the gas station and follow the road until i find something i do not run i crouch walk

rockPolotics
rockPolotics
53 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
---------
Inventory(0/12):2 Painkillers;Wire Fencing Kit;10 Chemlights;2 Bandage;3 cans of beans;Empty Water Bottle;Binoculars
---------
Time: 12:33 PM
Mec's Story:

Hmm, let's see. I think it's about time I start moving. Solnichniy is one small town. I use the binoculars to look for any other settlements. I'll head towards the largest one. If there aren't any visible settlements, then I'll walk in the opposite direction of where I saw the guy being chased. Either I have to face a bunch of zombies who just had their fill, or an adrenaline crazed rifleman. If it happens that the largest settlement is in the direction of the guy who was getting chased, then I'll still go. If I'm lucky, I'll be able to loot his corpse. I'll keep being cautious as I travel.

Kanine
Kanine
74 posts
Nomad

Name: Adrian
---------
Hunger: 100%
---------
Overall Rank:
---------
Inventory(12/12):
Primary:
Secondary:
Additional:
---------

Room for another? I updated the character sheet since you've made so many adjustments...

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
---------
--------
Jon's Story:

As you leave the gas station, you pass the sign. It reads,"Chernogorsk."

You need to be specific on what you do. Read Mec's posts as an example. He thinks about most of the possibilities and thinks ahead. He also gives me specific actions that help me update his post a lot better.

So, here are some things to ask yourself as you perform an action in this game:
1)Am I safe here?
2)Should I scavenge? If so, where?
3)Should I look for specific items?
4)How stealthy am I being? Will I walk, run, crouch, crawl, etc?

You don't need to do all of that in order... but it helps me determine whether or not your worthy of surviving! Plus, you see a city. Did you want to go to that city, or walk the opposite direction? The good thing about the city: possibly good loot/The bad thing about the city: usually very deadly. What will you do?
=================================
---------
---------
---------
---------
Time: 1:42 PM
Mec's Story:

Along the coast (Where you re currently looking), you see a gas station, and beyond that, you spot an industrial area with several large buildings. It seems to be the largest building in sight. There are a few buildings along the two-lane road, with trees on both sides. You saw the man get chased to a treeline... he could have possibly sought cover in a nearby house, but you don't hear gunshots anymore. Oh well, time to move. You get down from the roof, and exit the building. You sneak out of the city by staying close to the shore, then as you exit the town, you begin to speed up and run. Then, you pass the bridge that you crossed to get to the gas station. Then, you reach the industrial area. Looks like a bunch of factories. You are currently beside the main road. TO the left of the road is the railroad tracks, and it passes right beside a train station-type building. http://static.dayzdb.com/icons/buildings/land_rail_house_01.jpg
You see three zombies near it.
In this place, this is what you can piece together:
A house, has one zombie near it, but has only one room to loot.
http://static.dayzdb.com/icons/buildings/land_housev_1i4.jpg
Then there is this building. Two zombies stumbling around it, but possibly better loot.
http://static.dayzdb.com/icons/buildings/land_ind_workshop01_04.jpg
Then you see this large factory. Four zombies are patrolling the outside. The building seems as if it holds medium value.
http://static.dayzdb.com/icons/buildings/land_ind_vysypka.jpg

There are a couple more shelters, but the rest are small shacks. What will you do?
==============================================
Name: Adrian A.
---------
Hunger: 100%
---------
---------
Inventory(11/12): Painkillers
---------
Adrian's Story:

There is another person already named Adrian, so we will call you Adrian A. For Awesome.

You spawn, and you can hear the sound of the ocean waves crackling behind you. The sun is very bright, and its already high in the sky. You look behind you, and you see nothing but the ocean. You look left, and you can see a road that is fairly close to you. There is also a few buildings that may have useful loot. You then look forward, and you can see a bridge that extends over a pond of water that is connected to the ocean. Further ahead, you can see railroad tracks and a steep hill with trees on it. You look right, and you can see a simple gas station.

What will you do?

draick
draick
1,461 posts
Farmer

Name: Michael
---------
Thirst: 89%
Hunger: 94%
---------
Overall Rank: Lone Survivor (This will change based on actions you take in the future)
---------
Weapon: Flashlight(100%)
---------
Michael's Story:

I head towards the large warehouse while avoiding any zombies. If I arrive there unnoticed I look for a way inside while avoiding anything that might try to kill me. If I can't find a way inside I search for a window that I can open while avoiding any zombies and objects that might attract them.

ichigo773
ichigo773
1,046 posts
Nomad

---------
---------
---------
--------
Jon's Story:

I go to the city crouch walking and i look for any buildings to scavenge while remaining hidden such as in shadows i then try to go to said building(s)and scavenge for supplies like food, water, weapons, etc

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
Overall Rank: Lone Survivor (This will change based on actions you take in the future)
---------
---------
Michael's Story:

You travel to the warehouse. You see four zombies around the warehouse, but they are dispersed, so it will be easy to get in. You sneak around the corner to the large blue doors, and you continue to walk until you reach a small white door. You open it, then shut it behind you. In the warehouse, you find:
-Scrapmetal
-a Wire Fencing Kit
-an Empty Whiskey Bottle
-Three empty tin cans

What will you take, and what will you do next?
================================================
---------
---------
---------
--------
Jon's Story:

You enter the city, and you can see at least fourteen zombies on the prowl right now. You see a lot of industrial buildings, but you also see a bunch of hotels. You look to the left, and you spot a convenience store. The doors are wide open, which means someone definitely has been there... but when? There is a medium-sized residential building dead ahead. You can also see a church behind the residential building. Trees block the rest of your view-you cannot see the rest of the city yet. What will you do?

crazyape
crazyape
1,606 posts
Peasant

Name: Cythraul
---------
---------
---------
Cythraul's Story:

(Okay, sorry for the long wait. Had to attend a military expo.)

draick
draick
1,461 posts
Farmer

---------
---------
Overall Rank: Lone Survivor
---------
---------
Michael's Story:

I take the wire fencing kit, the empty whiskey bottle, and 2 of the empty tin cans. Afterwards I look outside for any interesting buildings that might contain supplies and doesn't have much zombies. If I find any I head towards the building while avoiding anything that might try to kill me. If I don't I look outside for a building that I can fortify.

rockPolotics
rockPolotics
53 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
---------
---------
Time: 1:42 PM
Mec's Story:

Hmm, I should have taken those road flares way back when. Ok, here's what I'm going to do. If the factory has more than one entrance, like a front door and a back door, then I'll go for it. The other places are really restricting, and I don't want to waste my hatchet's durability braking through walls and windows. But, if the factory seemingly only has one good opening (not stuck, locked, etc), then I'll go for the building with only two zombies crawling around it, since if I absolutely have to, I could break through the window(s) to escape.

Now how shall I deal with the zombies... If there is a nearby small object (like a stone or a broken pipe), then I'll toss it away from the factory to try to make some noise, and distract the zombies. If there isn't, then I'll just try my best to sneak past, retreating if there aren't any open entrances. (this applies regardless of which building I choose)

And by the way, you can just make a loot list in whatever order. Doesn't matter that much.

rockPolotics
rockPolotics
53 posts
Peasant

Oh, Doh. Replace "factory" in the second paragraph with "building".

MoparGamer
MoparGamer
144 posts
Nomad

Name: Mopar
---------
---------
Inventory: Nothing

ichigo773
ichigo773
1,046 posts
Nomad

---------
---------
---------
--------
Jon's Story:

Ok i head into the city quickly and silently while crouching taking cover often and staying in shadows i go into one of the residential areas and search for any supplies

Showing 46-60 of 167