ForumsForum Games(The Most Realistic) Zombie Survival RPG

167 24990
Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

You may be thinking, I've already seen so many Zombie RPG's... how could this one be any different? Well, if you've played my RPG's before, I've provided my players with more detail than the average hoster. This time, there will be even more detail. I'm basing this game off of an actual map from a game called Arma2-Operation Arrowhead. There is a mod for this game, called DayZ. I'm basing this zombie RPG off of the map, Chernarus.

Please read EVERYTHING. All of this is important for your survival!

Lets get down to the core elements of this RPG...

Hunting and Survival - Eating and drinking is a core part of gameplay, you can tell if you need something by subtle sounds, like a growling stomach, and if you don't fulfil those needs. You'll die. Wandering animals can killed and gutted (with the right tools) to gain access to their meat which can be eaten so you live longer but also to gain blood. For once these animals actually have a use.

Vehicles and Weapons - Yes, you can find vehicles in the zombie apocalypse. The only problem is... mostly all of them are destroyed! You can find the right amount of tools to repair the vehicles that you want to drive around. Oh, you also need Jerry Cans to refill your fuel. As for the weapons, you need to use your ammo very wisely. Headshots will always do the job right, no need to waste ammo shooting at the torso... unless your aim is really bad. Almost all weapons are extremely loud, especially the Lee Enfield. Certain types of weapons have different sound ranges. Pistols for example have less sound pollution than a rifle or an assault rifle. The crossbow however, is the most silent weapon in the game (apart from the melee weapons).

Being Chased - Sadly, everyone gets tired. If you run for a long time, you will need to rest, but it takes a while to get tired just from running. Being chased by zombies, however, will make you fatigued if you run, and also scared. Your character will breathe harder, be frightened, and most likely pass out for extended periods of time if you get chased for too long.

Safety and Tips - If you are in trouble by being chased by zombies, RUN INTO A BUILDING. Zombies are forced to walk inside buildings. Yes, they can run faster than you when your outside, but in buildings, they are easy pickings... unless you have no ammo. In that case, your trapped and doomed. A few tips are to conserve ammo, don't go near large cities (because zombies aren't the only threat), and be resourceful.

Blood Levels - The blood level is the most important factor in the game, obviously. In the character sheet, your HP will be labeled "Blood". Here are the affects of the blood levels as they decline (after being hit by zombies, being shot, ect)
12000 - Max Blood
< 9000 - Sussceptible to "one hit Knock out" from zombies
< 8000 - Colour and sound begin to fade (You become slightly paranoid and dizzy)
< 5000 - May fall Unconscious
< 4000 - Black and white vision, dizziness, loss of much hearing capability
< 3000 - Shakiness, blurry vision (can't find/identify things easily), and consistent fainting
0 - Player Dead

How to Regain Blood - Eating canned foods will restore 200 points of Blood. Eating cooked meat from animals that you hunted restores 800 points of blood. Also, you can get a Blood Transfusion, but this requires another person. Blood Transfusions heal your character fully, even if your character only has 100 Blood left (which is terribly close to death).

Status Effects - Bleeding can occur when:
-Being hit by Zombies
-Getting shot
-Getting hit by an explosive
-Falling
Shock is the status effect a player will receive after being shot at by another player or damaging themselves somehow (mainly by falling). Shock wears off after a few posts, this effect can not be mended by medication.
Pain is caused when the player takes damage, it has a chance to proc on any type of damage including, falling, Zombie hits or gun shot wounds. Pain can be relieved by taking Painkillers.
Causes of Broken Bones:
-Falling
-Being shot in the leg
-zombies on rare occasions.
If you have broken legs, your character will only be able to crawl. To restore your broken bones, use Morphine.
Causes of being Unconscious:
-A very large amount of non lethal damage, for example, being hit by a rifle shot
-Dropping below 3000 blood will cause the player to drift in and out of consciousness.
-Being hit by a zombie with less than 9000 blood
Using an Epi-Pen will restore any one from unconsciousness *can only be applied by another survivor)
Causes of Infection:
-Random chance when Temperature drops below 36C (Celsius)
-Spending time near players who are already sick
You can cure infection by using Antibiotics. You will know if your character is sick if he coughs and splutters.
Treatments for being Cold:
Colds are caused from being below 33 degrees Celsius.
-A Fireplace must be made using Wood Pile and a Matchbox
-Heat Pack Must be used.
-Shelter must be found inside Buildings or Vehicles

In this game, you can collect things such as a Map, a Compass, a Watch, etc. Day and Night time within the game will last for a long time. I'm thinking day time will last for 20-30 of your posts, and night will last 15-20 posts.

Day and Night - In the day time, you are much more visible to zombies. At night, the zombies find it harder to see you, but they can still hear you very well. Weather affects how well you can be seen or heard, however. The rain makes it harder to hear, and see you. But it makes the zombies and other players/survivors harder to see you as well.

Humanity - Healing other players and surviving along with other players will increase your humanity, which makes you like-able, and other survivors will know not to shoot you. If you kill survivors for their belongings, or just for fun, you will become a bandit, and you will change into the bandit costume/uniform automatically. Survivors and other Bandits will identify you as a bandit. Survivors will always shoot on sight if they see you as a bandit, but other bandits might shoot on sight. Sometimes, other bandits want to welcome a new member to the banditry raids.

Survivors and Bandits - You can tell who is a survivor and a bandit. Survivors will be wearing normal clothes, like a white or black long sleeve t-shirt, and bandits will be wearing an army uniform, but with a towel wrapping around their entire face.

Survivor:
https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSeYksEqezN2xKqmZtM7flGvnUHW6_ODy9ioBkbDqekCYLislSk

Bandits:
https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdyd1PC7XicX9EadkfQwBErpCSxSVv40ZXYUv0SE_-3ixEf3FhBA

I think that is enough about the game... on to the character sheet.. FINALLY!

Name: (First name, no last name required.)
Blood: 12000
Temperature: 36C
---------
Zombies Killed: 0
Murders: 0
Bandits Killed: 0
---------
Inventory: Nothing (You can hold 12 items, some items take more space, like firewood/a woodpile)

You can find things over time, like a Pack to carry things in, a tool belt, etc.

I hope everyone enjoys. Everyone spawns on the coast, but in different locations, by the way. I will tell you what city you start near.

Tips for Beginners:
1. Trust no-one!
2. Savenge
3. Slay Zombies/Bandits
4. Hunt
5. Survive

• 167 Replies
Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Name:Adrian
Temperature: 37C
Day: 1
---------
Humanity: 0 - Neutral
Thirst: 89%
Hunger: 94%
---------
Headshots: 0
Overall Rank: Lone Survivor (This will change based on actions you take in the future)
---------
Inventory(8/12): Painkillers;Makarov mag;Soda;Bandage
Primary: Hatchet
Secondary: Flashlight(100%)
---------
Adrian's Story:

You try to open the window, but it won't budge. By closer inspection, it seems that the latch mechanism is rusted. You try another window, but the same thing happened. The roof has some holes in it... that could have been what caused the latches to rust... they didn't respond well to the rain it seems. The zombies are still banging at the door, wailing louder and louder as they lust for flesh. What else will you try?
=============================================
Name: John Steele
---------
Thirst: 100%
Hunger: 100%
---------
Overall Rank: Fresh Meat
---------
Inventory(11/12): Painkillers
Primary: Nothing

Yep.

You spawn, and the first thing you hear is the ocean waves crashing onto the beach on which you stand. You look behind you, and you can see another island, but its disconnected from the continent that you are currently on. You look left, and you can see nothing but flat land, and railroad tracks that lead there... could be leading to a city. Just past the railroad tracks, you can see a two-lane road. As you look forward, you see the same thing, but beyond the tracks and the road, you see a rising hill with trees on it. The hill is steep, but looks climbable. You look to your right, and you can see small town. You can see a blue rectangular sign on the side of the road that has a white text on it, and it looks as if there is a wood plank attached below the sign. Maybe you can identify your location if you investigate. As you look into the town, you can see zombies stumbling around... then you spot something else. You squint, trying to confirm what you see. In the distance, you see zombies crowded around a building. They are banging on the sides of the house, and others are banging on a wooden door. Could there be someone trapped in there? If so, for how long? What will you do?
rockPolotics
rockPolotics
53 posts
Peasant

=================================================================
Name: Mec
Temperature: 35C
---------
---------
Overall Rank: Lone Survivor (This will change based on actions you take in the future)
---------
Inventory(9/12): Painkillers, empty tin can, M24 mag
Primary: Nothing.
---------
Mec's Story:

Hmm, two choices, apartment with possibly a lot of loot, but probably a lot of zombies, or a warehouse. Since throwing bullets at the zombies with my bare hands probably won't do much, I'll head for the warehouse, since it will most likely give me more moving room. I'll go to the warehouse, again avoiding zombies if possible, and search thoroughly. I'll loot everything I can, prioritizing food, tools, weapons, and then everything else (wood, bottles, etc). If I find a running source of clean (it's better slightly dirty than none at all, so I won't be too critical of water purity) water, then I'll drink it, and if I ever get a closeable container, I'll collect it.

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
---------
---------
Mec's Story:

You are forced to climb a hill because of the zombies presence in the area. After climbing the hill, you can see the warehouse clearly. It has large blue doors, and there is also a slightly larger shack near it.
Warehouse:
http://static.dayzdb.com/icons/buildings/land_hangar_2.jpg
Shack:
http://static.dayzdb.com/icons/buildings/land_ind_workshop01_01.jpg
You make your way to the warehouse, slowly and carefully. After getting close enough, you see three zombies patrolling the area. You get closer and closer, then you finally reach the large blue doors. You try to open one of the large doors, but to no avail. Then, you investigate the rest of the outside, and you find a small white door to which you can enter. You open that silently, and then you shut it. After searching in the warehouse, you find
-a car wheel
-a Hatchet
-a wire fencing kit
-a Soda Can(Pepsi)
-a road flare
-a Chemlight
-a Bandage
-Three Empty Tin Cans
-Two Empty Whiskey Bottles
-Scrapmetal
-Windscreen Glass

*Its best to choose what you want to take*
After your done choosing, make another action.
(Scrap Metal takes up four spaces in your inventory, and the windscreen glass takes up four spaces. Eventually, you will come across Jerry Cans and Fuel tank parts. Fuel tank parts take up six spaces, and Jerry Cans take up three.)

rockPolotics
rockPolotics
53 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
---------
---------
Mec's Story:

Let's see. I'll take the hatchet, wire fencing kit, chemlight, bandage (unless it's like the hello kitty, tiny cut bandages, then no; I need man bandages), both whiskey bottles, and the scrapmetal. To make space I drop my empty tin can and M24 mag, going to be hard to randomly find a gun anyways. If for some reason I'm over packed, which I don't think I am, then drop a whiskey bottle.

Now I'm going to go deeper into town. Laying low and prioritizing hardware stores, weapon shops, and food stores. Again, trying my best to avoid zombies along the way.

By the way, are their silencers in this game?

ichigo773
ichigo773
1,046 posts
Nomad

Name: Jon Vexin
---------
---------
Inventory: Nothing

DOne

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

---------
Thirst: 87%
Hunger: 93%
---------
Overall Rank: Clever Ghost
---------
Inventory(0/12): Painkillers;Wire Fencing Kit;10 Chemlights;Bandage; 2 whiskey bottles;scrapmetal
---------
Mec's Story:

By the way, are their silencers in this game?

Of course! Just have to look in the right places to find them.

You head back towards Solnichniy. You crawl past three zombies, then you reach the road that leads straight through the town. You continue to crawl, and no zombies notice you. You've passed about seven now. You reach a four-way road. The giant apartment building is to your left, across the street. You search around a hardware store, but none are in sight. The town is pretty small... maybe the residents had to go to a bigger city in order to buy their goods. You also can't find any weapon shops. Looks like this town doesn't have any stores of any kind. Looks like the giant residential building is the only spot for good loot in this town. Do you want to check that building?

(You've earned the rank Clever Ghost. Clever, from thinking about what items to hold onto, and what to drop. You never know what could come in handy in the future. Ghost, from being stealthy, by performing operations within hostile territories without being noticed, and best of all, by retrieving what you came there for... for the most part.)
rockPolotics
rockPolotics
53 posts
Peasant

---------
Thirst: 87%
Hunger: 93%
---------
---------
Inventory(0/12): Painkillers;Wire Fencing Kit;10 Chemlights;Bandage; 2 whiskey bottles;scrapmetal
---------
Mec's Story:

Man, why did I have to be stuck in a zombie apocalypse in the boonies? Hmm, as much as I'd hate to go into that apartment, it being so utterly constricted, especially when you start going up the floors, trying to travel to a new town would be even worse. So, I'm going to take the gamble, and check out the apartment complex. I'll be careful: check doors to see if it looks like anything got in (scratches, broken latches/handle, etc). Try to not go too high up. Use my hatchet scarcely to avoid making too much noise. Only fight if I'm completely cornered with absolutely no way out, which might happen.

This time I'll be looking (primarily) for warmer clothes (since Russia is cold and who knows where I'm going next), and new means of storage. Everything else I'll skip unless I find either a direct upgrade for something I already have (A 2 liter bottle with a cap instead of the whiskey bottles, etc) or if it's something extremely valuable (A good quality weapon with a good amount of ammo (more than just one round/mag/clip/etc), an actual survival kit, etc).

draick
draick
1,461 posts
Farmer

Name: Michael
---------
---------
---------
Inventory: Painkillers
Weapon: Flashlight(100%)
---------
Michael's Story:

I head towards the large warehouse while avoiding any zombies. If I arrive there unnoticed I look for a way inside while avoiding anything that might try to kill me.

ichigo773
ichigo773
1,046 posts
Nomad

i gots teh ninja'd

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Temperature: 36°C
---------
---------
---------
--------
Jon's Story: (This will fill itself out whenever you do something memorable)

You spawn, and you hear the ocean waves crashing upon the shore at your feet. Behind you, you see nothing but ocean water. To your left, you see railroad tracks, and a two-lane road leading somewhere. Ahead, you see the tracks and road again, but there is a gas station just beyond the road. Behind the gas station is a steep hill with trees connected to it, although it seems as if it is capable of being climbed. You then look right, and you can see a large city. You see a giant smoke stack, and some docks with giant oil rigs on them. You strain your eyes to see further, and you can see a few large buildings in the distance. There is a rectangular blue sign beside the gas station, with white text on it. Below, there is a wooden plank that seems to be attached to the sign somehow, and you can see a dark text on it. Maybe that can help you discover your location. What will you do next?
=================================================
Temperature: 35°C
---------
Thirst: 82%
Hunger: 90%
---------
---------
---------
Mec's Story:

You don't have to look for warmer clothes. The climate for now is average. Lets say its 79°F for now. You approach the apartment. You don't see too many zombies. You saw two disappear on the opposite side of the building, and you can see three walking away from it. Then, you look left, and notice a zombie walking directly towards you, but its not growling or screeching. After getting a short burst of fear and adrenaline, you hit the dirt and crawl forward, and turn the corner. Then, you crawl to the door after checking if the coast is clear. You can hear the zombies footsteps in the grass become louder and louder. The door isn't budging... its only a matter of time before the zombie turns the corner and spots his lunch. You try harder to jiggle the handle to open the door, but nothing is happening. The zombies low moans get much louder, and now you can see a small portion of its feet and its arms waving around behind the corner. If you ran, zombies would definitely chase you. If you tried to crawl away, the zombies that turned the corner earlier would probably hear you, or the zombie that was unknowingly on your trail would spot you from being so close... the only rational decision that comes yo your mind is to break open the door with your hatchet. Swiftly, you lift the hatchet up and swing it at the door, knocking a few pieces off of it. The nearest zombie begins to growl louder. The one that turned the corner stops and growls fiercely, and you swing again at the door, completely destroying it. You get inside, then you run into the nearest room on the bottom floor, and shut the white door. The zombies are getting closer, and you can see one of their shadows underneath the door. Suddenly, you hear two gunshots. You don't know enough about guns to know what kind of gun it was, but it seems to have gotten the zombies attention. The zombies in the building walk out, and then break into a sprint. They screech and flail there arms as their sounds grow faint as they chase the unlucky person who decided to shoot in a town. Again, you hear a few more gunshots... to be precise, four. What do you want to do? Do you want to keep to yourself and loot cautiously, or help the person?
=======================================================
---------
Thirst: 97%
Hunger: 99%
---------
---------
Inventory(10/12): Painkillers/Rock
Primary: Stick
---------
John's Story: (Will fill itself out as you progress and do something important worth/remembering)

You grab a 7 meter long stick, and you collect a rock as big as your fist. Then, you investigate the sign. The white text is in Russian. You look down at the wooden plank, which is in English. It reads,"Kamyshovo."

After looking at the sign and identifying where you are, you think about how you can help the man in the house. Throwing the rock at a zombie would only get yourself attention. If you threw the rock at another building and possibly broke a window out or made enough commotion, then they might follow that... some of them at least. If you attacked the zombies with the stick straight on... you would most likely be eaten, so you forget about that idea. Maybe if you had something to create enough noise to distract the zombies if you threw it...

What will you do?

rockPolotics
rockPolotics
53 posts
Peasant

---------
Thirst: 82%
Hunger: 90%
---------
---------
---------
Mec's Story:

Well my mama always told me to be opportunistic. If the guy was stupid enough to fire randomly in town, then it's probably not worth being friends with him. Plus it's not like I can help him anyways, with what I got. So, I'm going to keep looting the place, looking for things like matches, weapons, tools, etc. Keeping the same safety protocols.

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

---------
Thirst: 94%
Hunger: 97%
---------
---------
Inventory(11/12): Painkillers
Primary: Stick
---------
John's Story: None

You walk to a trashcan beside a train house, and you yank off the lid. Then, you throw it at the top of a building across the street, and sure enough, it got the zombies attention. After that, you throw the rock at the same building, but you miss the window. Even though that failed, the zombies still got attracted to the noise of the trashcan lid, but there are still two determined zombies banging at the door. You can see that the door is slowly being degraded as the zombies continue their assault. What will you do now?
=============================================================
---------
Thirst: 78%
Hunger: 88%
---------
---------
---------
Mec's Story:

After investigating all the rooms, no survivors or zombies were found. After searching thoroughly for supplies, this is what you've found.
-Four soda cans(they are full. only time they will be empty is if it says "empty soda can", just so you don't get confused)
-Three cans of beans
-Six bandages (Man bandages)
-a Heatpack (For warming up after getting cold)
-an empty water bottle
-Binoculars (Rare find in a place like this)
-Twelve empty tin cans
-Six empty whiskey bottles
-a Watch
-Painkillers
-empty soda can

Again, I'll let you choose what you want to pick up. (Next time, I'll put the items in order of importance. Thought about doing it halfway through... but was too lazy to re organize them, and I have guitar lessons in about 30 minutes, so not enough time anyways. I'll be back in about two hours)

ichigo773
ichigo773
1,046 posts
Nomad

---------
---------
---------
--------
Jon's Story:

I walk to the gas station staying stealthy and go inside to see if there are any supplies

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

---------
Thirst: 97%
Hunger: 99%
---------
---------
--------
Jon's Story:

By the way, the gas station looks like this:
http://static.dayzdb.com/icons/buildings/land_a_fuelstation_shed.jpg
This is what you entered:
http://static.dayzdb.com/icons/buildings/land_a_fuelstation_build.jpg

You successfully make it to the gas station without any problems, however, you hear several gunshots in the city to your right; it sounds like three different types of guns. In the gas station, you only find:
-Scrap Metal(takes up 3 slots)

Will you take it? And what will you do next?

rockPolotics
rockPolotics
53 posts
Peasant

---------
Thirst: 78%
Hunger: 88%
---------
---------
---------
Mec's Story:

Ok. I'm going to drop my 2 whiskey bottles, take the empty water bottle and the binoculars. I'm also going to drop my precious scrap metal (this was a tough choice) and pick up three cans of beans, and the watch (if it works). If I have room, fill it up with bandages and painkiller. I'll also just drink the soda right there until my thirst is full.

Showing 31-45 of 167