ForumsWEPRReligion Poll

140 35322
Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
276 posts
Shepherd

***I am a Catholic, and I know there are a lot of haters out there, so if you don't like me because I am a proud Catholic, you can leave.***

I am a proud Catholic (as it says above) .

This topic will be (hopefully) a vote to see what percentage of the users on ArmorGames are part of the following religions:
Christians,
Muslims,
Jews,
Buddhists,
Hindus, (and other religions) . I hope no one here will make fun of anyone else, and I respect anyone who is my religion, and/or who is a different religion then me.

Please list below in your comment if you are part of any of the religions placed above, and if you are part of a religion not placed above. No trolling people because of there religion. If I see it, you may be reported to a mod.

Thanks!
-Mickeyryn

• 140 Replies
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Calling out on Religious bashing is whipped out as a regular countering technique in arguments, yet people of all faiths are regularly told via their texts or clergy that other religions/non-religious people are sinners and have no place in whatever ideal world their purported beliefs will result in. I don't see how the former needs to be condemned if the later continues.

.... No. What you said, when put to the extreme, is terrorisum.
At church the man in white says that god loves everyone, even non catholics.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

At church the man in white says that god loves everyone, even non catholics.

But everyone goes to hell anyway, except those of the faith of the priest?
dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

No they're judged based on their actions. At least thats how I learned it.
BigP08
BigP08
1,455 posts
Shepherd

Idk if this goes for all Catholics but the way I learned it from having discussions with priests and nuns was that everyone in heaven is Catholic, but that's because they get baptized through the blood of Christ if they're going to heaven and they weren't already Catholic. And for non-Catholic Christian denominations I'd imagine a similar argument could be put forward for them. Although, I'm sure not all would want to accept that believing in God isn't essential to get into heaven, but any fair and just god would want to at the very least have exceptions to the rule, since I know plenty of good atheists and plenty more not-so-good Christians.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

How did you get that from what I said? That makes no sense whatsoever. I said god loves everyone. That means that very few people actually go down town. You may spend a millennium in purgatory, but eventually go to heaven. Being catholic just helps a tiny bit. That's all, end of story. That's what I learned, so that's all I have to say.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

No they're judged based on their actions. At least thats how I learned it.

Really? What sect are you? Most believe that works don't mean anything.

How did you get that from what I said? That makes no sense whatsoever. I said god loves everyone. That means that very few people actually go down town. You may spend a millennium in purgatory, but eventually go to heaven. Being catholic just helps a tiny bit. That's all, end of story. That's what I learned, so that's all I have to say.

Then why does everyone else say non-Christians go to hell?
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I dont believe that religion that has a God so narrow minded in his "love" actually "loves" everyone when He has no qualms about sending non believers to Hell. The Bible might state He loves everyone, but it also states that non believers are not worthy to be by His side.

dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

Really? What sect are you? Most believe that works don't mean anything.

I'm atheist but I used to be catholic.

It really does depend on the sect, and possibly even the area you live in.
Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

Calling out on Religious bashing is whipped out as a regular countering technique in arguments, yet people of all faiths are regularly told via their texts or clergy that other religions/non-religious people are sinners and have no place in whatever ideal world their purported beliefs will result in. I don't see how the former needs to be condemned if the later continues.

Not all faiths. Doesn't happen at my church, though that is because we're apparently too busy engaging in polygamy and sacrificing our kids to the devil.

But I get what your saying. Just because you don't believe the same doesn't mean your version of the devil has reserved seats for them in hell.

What I've learned is that there are various degrees of heaven, and you don't necessarily have to believe to get a good 'degree'. Even those who sin will rot in hell for awhile, then get a small slice of mediocre heaven. Your actions are key in the judgement.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

If it doesn't apply to your version of religion, then it doesnt apply; but the churches here can be nasty like that.

Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

If it doesn't apply to your version of religion, then it doesnt apply; but the churches here can be nasty like that.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't disagreeing with you, I was just fixing the statement so you weren't generalizing.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

How would I know? Im not everyone else.
What I've learned is that there are various degrees of heaven, and you don't necessarily have to believe to get a good 'degree'. Even those who sin will rot in hell for awhile, then get a small slice of mediocre heaven. Your actions are key in the judgement.

Right, well i have learned to call it purgatory. But yeah its the same thing. Eventually you get out. But if you go down, well you go down. They way i learned it is that everyone goes through purgatory to get to heaven. It only depends on your actions on Earth how long you are their. Only one person went straight to heaven and that was Mary. But thats another story...
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

How would I know? Im not everyone else.

You seem to know the mind of your god quite well, without being him.

Right, well i have learned to call it purgatory. But yeah its the same thing. Eventually you get out. But if you go down, well you go down. They way i learned it is that everyone goes through purgatory to get to heaven. It only depends on your actions on Earth how long you are their. Only one person went straight to heaven and that was Mary. But thats another story...

So no one goes to hell then? What do you base that off of? What is the purpose of it?
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Take this to the more established threads now guys :x

Is anyone still taking the poll results down?

Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

I can see how that works, though I'm not sure about the Mary part. Just because she birthed Jesus doesn't mean she is perfect.

So no one goes to hell then? What do you base that off of? What is the purpose of it?

Well what do you think? When we die....that's it? Blackness? A void? Doesn't that make you terrified of death? Whether or not religion is true, at least some people have the comfort of believing there is something else.

And Nichodemus is correct.

Christian; Mormon.
Showing 121-135 of 140