AP takes forever to be entered

forums are dying due to loss of people

WHATS GOING ON?

• 67 Replies
superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

The point I made in my comment here was there's simply nothing we can do about it. They'll be fixed when they're fixed and I don't see them as life-changing issues.

no the point you made was that to get use to the "idiots" who try to take over AG and saying that they know nothing cuz i have never been here

Once again, Cenere, the babe that he is, can't offer you any help. Even if he were still mod. Mods can't fix the problems on AG. They have as much contact with the Admins as we do.

i tot Cenere was an admin
watev i know here really helped AG and now AG is going down hill fast

Please don't scream it's rude

i didn't mean to scream
i just wanted everyone to see it

Dude, I have been here for nearly two years and I dont consider myself a veteran at all.
Yelling at us doesnt help your condition sir.

cmon man

te only possible way you can say that is if you were AFK for certian times during those 2 years
AG2 has been out for like 3 years
your a vetran and some people may consider me one too

Everyone talked to him, then he wasnt a mod no more :

when did he leave
superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE POST EVERYONE BUT I FORGOT TO ADD THAT I WAS NOT YELLING I JUST WANTED EVERYONE TO BE ABLE TO SEE THAT AND STOP TREATING ME LIKE I KNOW NOTHING.

I THINK ALL (YES THAT DOES INCLUDE ME) JUST NEEDS TO FOCUS ON AG AND TRY IT SEE WHAT WE CAN DO INSTEAD OF ATTACKING ME.

Thank You

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

First and foremost, never again, will you come onto my profile, and tell me to do something. That does not happen, and it will not happen again.

Second, do not tell us what you are, show us what you are, if you think you're a veteran(you're not) try acting a bit more appropriately. If you think we are all treating you like you know nothing, show us you know something. Type more clearly, stop bolding everything, stop making me think you're a 12 year old who talks to his therapists about how he can't even fit in on the internet.

i tot Cenere was an admin
watev i know here really helped AG and now AG is going down hill fast

That's what I'm talking about right their. How is it going down hill fast? You realize the majority of the things you are saying need fixed are errors caused by them adding/fixing things, right? Of course you would though, you're a veteran whose infinite knowledge is far greater than everyone else.

Stop getting defensive when people say things to you. Think about why they are saying it. The only thing you took away from what we posted was we thought you were new. You overlooked the fact that this thread has been made a number of times already, and it will be made a few more. All us users can hope is that by posting perhaps one less thread will be made.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

te only possible way you can say that is if you were AFK for certian times during those 2 years

I've been a user on this site for over 2 years and in no way would I consider myself a veteran. In my eyes, the veterans are the ones who have been apart of the forums for quite some time (like year n half +).

AG2 has been out for like 3 years

About 4 years+ actually

And, how do you people make a comment so frickin long?!

It really isn't that difficult, especially when you have something to say. Don't worry, if you stay active in due time you will be able to type "frickin long". I used to be like you with my posts, (very short messages, though I'm quite embarrassed with the way I used to type -_-) but after some time I adjusted and became able to type much longer posts (with much more quality too)
superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

spelling errors and grammar doesn't really matter if you are a veteran or not

next if you talk about how the forums were 1 year ago and the forums today there is a big difference

I understand that this forum has been made about like 100 times berfore (ive seen it like 5). the only thing i meant was i wasn't trying to focus on forum activity. i meant like the AP thing and the loss of people due to the reseting the password everytime yo update your profile. and i never said AG needs to add anything. I like AG just the way it is. Fixing i probably said that before. All they need to fix is the updating password thing. Some people are losing their accounts due to not putting it their password when they log-in. The AP not being updated doesn't annoy me at all.

and i only came to your profile so we can reason

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

[quote]no the point you made was that to get use to the "idiots" who try to take over AG and saying that they know nothing cuz i have never been here

Ehm, sorry? I'm going to post my comment again, so that you can have read of it. Perhaps you can quote where i have said this?

Dems da breaks. The admins are too busy with stuff for the new site that the current site is suffering a little. Has your work changed dramatically because you have to wait five minutes to see your AP update? Have there been any reports of fatalities due to hard refreshing a page too many times? Anybody contracted depression on the long harsh wait for someone to reply to their forum post? Shucks, no? There you go then.

I think one of the main reasons people have upped and left is due to the long haul wait for AG3. So AG2 loses a whole bunch of people, AG3 should hopefully bring a bigger wave in. I don't think it has much to do with the games, since the popular games are still just that - popular. There has been new releases which have been awesome but it seems if it's not part of a pre-destined series, people won't take much notice of them.

As for the major hate AG has been getting lately - It's not like any of us could do it. Sure, it's easy to spot the flaws when you're an active user. But you have people using the site for a day, seeing people complain, joining in on the complaining and then leaving. We should try create a positive buzz to bring people back to being active in the community, not just list every little thing that bugs us about AG and put a whole negative spin on it.

Not to mention these flaws have been mentioned in several separate threads, it's getting a little boring rereading the same old complaints.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Darn quote fail. The above can be deleted.

no the point you made was that to get use to the "idiots" who try to take over AG and saying that they know nothing cuz i have never been here

Ehm, sorry? I'm going to post my comment again, so that you can have read of it. Perhaps you can quote where i have said this?

Dems da breaks. The admins are too busy with stuff for the new site that the current site is suffering a little. Has your work changed dramatically because you have to wait five minutes to see your AP update? Have there been any reports of fatalities due to hard refreshing a page too many times? Anybody contracted depression on the long harsh wait for someone to reply to their forum post? Shucks, no? There you go then.

I think one of the main reasons people have upped and left is due to the long haul wait for AG3. So AG2 loses a whole bunch of people, AG3 should hopefully bring a bigger wave in. I don't think it has much to do with the games, since the popular games are still just that - popular. There has been new releases which have been awesome but it seems if it's not part of a pre-destined series, people won't take much notice of them.

As for the major hate AG has been getting lately - It's not like any of us could do it. Sure, it's easy to spot the flaws when you're an active user. But you have people using the site for a day, seeing people complain, joining in on the complaining and then leaving. We should try create a positive buzz to bring people back to being active in the community, not just list every little thing that bugs us about AG and put a whole negative spin on it.

Not to mention these flaws have been mentioned in several separate threads, it's getting a little boring rereading the same old complaints.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

The forum IP ban isn't something new I think. Ive been plagued by it since earlier this year.

Kalb789
Kalb789
639 posts
Baron

I AM A VETERAN!!!

no

IM NOT NEW!!!

NOTE:
EVERYONE I AM NOT NEW. I HAVE BEEN HERE FOR 9 MONTHS

that's not even close to a veteran...I've been here for 55 months and I consider myself a scrubbish veteran at best
Kalb789
Kalb789
639 posts
Baron

I have a much better choice of words: I'd say I fell old, but I'm no veteran. You need to be recognizable by at least a few other members and be consistently active. The first of the two on the list I'd say I definitely don't qualify for, and I'm a little inconsistent. Mainly because of the half-year period when I just up and left and forgot about AG.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

I AM A VETERAN!!!

And I'm sexy and I know it.
Some people are losing their accounts due to not putting it their password when they log-in.

Can't you just click "Forgot your password?" and type in your email. Reset your password. Then, just log back in?
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

[quote]Can't you just click "Forgot your password?" and type in your email. Reset your password. Then, just log back in?

Of course not; they can't log in.

Wait...[/quote]

Refer to this thread for details on the password issue.

Tip: The next time you update your profile, enter your password in the "Change Password" box and save the password. This will make you immune to the password glitch.
leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

Just quickly: I joined in 2009 and still don't think I am even close to a veteran. I am not really respected and most people don't even know me. I feel being a veteran is more about visibility and respectability, none of which I am able to keep up.

if you talk about how the forums were 1 year ago and the forums today there is a big difference

It's always better "1 year ago".

I personally came to AG in 2009 and when I came in there were threads exactly like this saying "I remember 2008, the golden year" and then there would be some GOG person who would say AG in 2007 was the golden year until someone told him that AG was only active for one month in 2007.

2011 was probably the year with the most complaints so far. You might think that there is more now, but not really. Just less normal/spam activity in the forums nowadays. Last year you couldn't go far before finding someone who joined in 2010 saying it was the best year ever and that he was quitting (Or something along those lines)

Everything seems better in the past. Think of a game you spent your childhood on. Go back and play it now. It is that moment when you realise that the game isn't actually that great. (There are exceptions) but generally the memory is always better than the reality.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

I never actually see myself as a veteran, as a veteran is someone who is called that by someone else... but I DO remember you leo!

As for the forums... I saw that there were a few people saying that the users want to stay away from the forums as they are glitchy and full of bugs and that the AG-HQ won't do anything about it, well...
If we were to become massively active and complain abotu all the stuff and write posts and create nice threads that are visited and posted in a lot and... and... and...
*gasps for air*
Maaaayybeeee... just maybe, the AG-HQ will feel that there's a need for an active CM again and they will appoint someone for the job?

I know it might be a wild thought... VERY wild, but still... it's a way of getting their attention!

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

I DO remember you leo!

We all remember leo, no matter how often he ups and disappears.

As for the forums...for the job?

But why would we ever opt for the obvious solution when there are so many more radical possibilities!?

I don't remember there being that many, it was better in 2008 threads when I signed up, but then again I wasn't on the forum that much until summer anyway.

The issue with the glitches aside, as there's really no point in fixing something that will be replaced anyway. I agree entirely with what Mr.DayCee and a fair number of others have said, the only way to increase the overall quality and entertainment of the forums will be to increase the activity, make it look like a fun, active community, and eventually you'll have one. No one will feel like joining the community if they check and see that even the top threads in a section haven't been replied to in days or weeks.
Showing 46-60 of 67