ForumsNews and FeedbackSmall AG3 Update

74 19297
boppins
boppins
774 posts
Bard

I've seen a lot of questions about the status of AG3 in various forums. RonJohn recently made a post on GetSatisfaction that I think clears up most of your questions, but maybe you haven't seen it, so I'm going to quote it here...

Here's a little more detail about the beta website ending on August 31st:

Only the beta site (beta.armorgames.com) is going away, not the normal site at armorgames.com
The purpose of the beta site was to try new ideas, test performance and technology solutions. We tried a lot of new things and measured if players used them, if they liked them, and if they helped the site. The best stuff will live on at: armorgames.com, the bad stuff will die a horrible, horrible death.
The plan is to start applying the things we learned to the normal site... so, you're going to see a lot of awesome changes coming up in the near future.

The features that we've tested in the beta, and that are being talked about in this forum, are going to start being introduced into the site as you see it now.

I've also unstickied several of the threads in this forum that are not entirely relevant now -- there are simply too many stickies and this forum is hard to navigate.

All of the admins are all working hard for the new additions, and we're excited about what's coming!
  • 74 Replies
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Whoops, I guess there is now a "view profile" feature! That was quick!

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Pretty cool. About time they did an update like this... Been waiting for over two years.

stinkyjim
stinkyjim
470 posts
Shepherd

There's an issue with the profiles. When you view your profile and look at the 'favorite games' section, without clicking view all, the images for the games seem to overlap the titles of said games. Makes it impossible to tell what those games are unless you have memorized what games are associated with the picture overlapping the text.

Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

Great update

stinkyjim
stinkyjim
470 posts
Shepherd

There is also no red flag next to the report button for either the forums or game comments. While you can somewhat guess where the report button is for the forums, I had extreme difficulty finding it on the game comments.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

I just found out that some international characters are now accepted instead of doing []?[][].
Test it to make sure:
γειά ÏοÏ...

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

Well, it gets some. More than before, but not all.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

There is also no red flag next to the report button for either the forums or game comments. While you can somewhat guess where the report button is for the forums, I had extreme difficulty finding it on the game comments.

The flag has been fixed. Also, the seasonal armatars have returned.
Ferret
Ferret
9,324 posts
Bard

I'm monitoring this thread and taking notes, keep them coming guys. Some of the previous mentioned have been fixed.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I found an inconsistency in merited comments. boppins gave me a merit for reporting the flag issue (now fixed) on his profile. I got the AP and a merit notification (I have Merit Notify on), but boppins's profile does not show the merited comment as a merit until the "View All Comments" button is clicked.

Ferret
Ferret
9,324 posts
Bard

Tricky find there Patrick.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Did you see page 3? I included some things that look off.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Was another update made? Killersup just checked his profile and found that all the users that made comments armartars could be seen.Was this intentional?

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Was another update made? Killersup just checked his profile and found that all the users that made comments armartars could be seen.Was this intentional?

I think so. I actually saw comment armatars in replies to news comments when I first joined (which was in early 2011).
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I see them on other profiles but not mine.

Showing 31-45 of 74