ForumsPopular MediaDoctor Who...

197 101004
JuicyFruits
JuicyFruits
171 posts
Nomad

Yup Doctor Who!Ever heard of it?Seen it?Well if you haven't it's this pretty awesome show on BBC America.If you have seen it tell me your thoughts about it.

• 197 Replies
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

which doctor is it in the episode "rose"? the first one?

NuWho starts with the ninth doctor. If you want to watch the original 30 seasons, search Classic Doctor Who on Netflix
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

NuWho starts with the ninth doctor. If you want to watch the original 30 seasons, search Classic Doctor Who on Netflix

maybe one day, but now i continue with the 10th doctor (i finished the first doctor who 2005 season).

it is a great show, why are there no new episodes?
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

it is a great show, why are there no new episodes?

It returns March 30th. You'll probably want to finish all the current episodes before watching it though, so you know what exactly is going on.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

It returns March 30th.

And Doctor Who isn't even the show I am most excited about. Supernatural Saturday is awesome.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

It returns March 30th.

How much you want to bet it will go like The Angels take Manhatten did, with a 6 hr marathon right before (which is how I got hooked on the show)

~~~Darth Caedus
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

It returns March 30th. You'll probably want to finish all the current episodes before watching it though, so you know what exactly is going on.

if i missed some new episodes, then i can watch them on the internet, right? right?!?

just kidding, i live in germany and i think they will not show the new episodes in germany when they have never shown the other, older episodes.

anyway, yeah, new episodes!

also, why not a movie? i know, that would be impossible, but the doctor likes it impossible, so why not?
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Matt Smith is the 11th doctor right?

Yes. He is.
How much you want to bet it will go like The Angels take Manhatten did, with a 6 hr marathon right before (which is how I got hooked on the show)

I don't know. They are doing I think one of each Doctor leading up to the new season.
also, why not a movie? i know, that would be impossible, but the doctor likes it impossible, so why not?

The 8th Doctor was in a movie. Actually that is all the 8th Doctor was in. But who knows maybe for the 50th anniversary special they will.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I don't know. They are doing I think one of each Doctor leading up to the new season.
They will do one episode from each Doctor, please oh please let it be The Doctor Dances/Empty Child.

"ARE YOU MY MUMMY"

~~~Darth Caedus
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

please oh please let it be The Doctor Dances/Empty Child.

Seeing how that is a 2 part episode I highly doubt that is the one that they will use.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Seeing how that is a 2 part episode I highly doubt that is the one that they will use.
He said one for each doctor, however the Eighth didn't have any episodes, just the movie, so that leaves room for one two-parter.

"ARE YOU MY MUMMY"

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/170/f/a/the_empty_child_by_marietaylor-d541rf0.jpg

~~~Darth Caedus
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

you can watch all the new episodes here, look for putlocker links.

~~~Darth Caedus

GreatestSoloEver
GreatestSoloEver
1,361 posts
Nomad

Last time I checked, netflix only has a handful of classic who serials.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

The Girl In The Fireplace is my favorite episode. Good music, good story, and the clockwork baddies are sweet.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I'm guessing Season 7 will have something to do with Oswin Oswald. I've seen all of the episodes in Season 7 so far. Can't wait til more come out. I'm eager to see what the deal with her is though...

I am hoping that she ends up being the Doctors' Daughter. That is what I would make her.
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

I personallly do not like Matt Smith as the doctor. He just isn't as engaging as David Tenant was.

However, I concede the fact that Matt Smith has a better script to work with more often than not. But I've noticed some glaring holes in some of the solutions presented by this new team of writers.

1) Would someone please explain how the doctor returns at the end of season 5? Personally I hated that season finale it was utterly anticlimactic.
2) They often use &quoterception filters" as the excuse for why people do not notice things.
3) Season 6 was horrible. There wasn't any tension in the build up to the finale because you knew what was coming, and you knew the Doctor wasn't going to die anyway.

Overall, I prefer the Tenant era despite the shoddy writing which held it back from being truly great. Matt Smith's Doctor simply isn't the character the show needs him to be. I often get bored watching Doctor Who these days, which is a shame. The script may be tighter, but the plots are becoming a little obnoxious. At least with David Tenant, bad writing aside, the season finale was actually exciting. Case and point: The Master taking over the world and turning the Tardis into a paradox machine.

Showing 61-75 of 197