Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Do you still believe in Santa?

Posted Dec 26, '12 at 3:48am

Kannaaashi

Kannaaashi

24 posts

As I was doing a christmas quest on Maestia I saw the npc of santa. I remembered one christmas that I was so shocked when I received a gift from santa. No one told me to whom it came from but my mom and dad as well as my aunts and uncles said that it was from santa! Weird as it may sound, I still believe in santa until now. You? Do you still believe in Santa?

Posted Dec 26, '12 at 11:06am

partydevil

partydevil

5,090 posts

why not??

i know why not, but i'm not gonna ruin your happy thoughts. =P

Posted Dec 26, '12 at 11:24am

SSTG

SSTG

10,760 posts

Knight

No I don't anymore. We were supposed to have snow last night and today and there's not even a snowflake anywhere! >:O

Posted Dec 26, '12 at 11:46am

HahiHa

HahiHa

4,953 posts

Knight

"Santa", as in the fat jovial guy from Coca Cola ads, is just what he is - a fat jovial guy from Coca Cola ads. The origins go way deeper than that overcommercialized bull****.
On the 6th of december, mostly in Europe I guess (?), Saint Nicholas Day is celebrated, and on that occasion, here in Switzerland many "Samichlaus" and "Schmutzli" wander the lands with donkeys giving away peanuts, mandarin oranges and chocolates to kids. Surfing the net I found a nice summary of this tradition on a most unexpected blog (don't worry, it's nothing bad). Just click the image:
http://cyclinginparis.blogspot.ch/2011/12/schmutzli-swiss-bad-santa.html

So to end this, no I don't believe in Santa nor all those disguised people, but there is a certain origin to it and it is more satisfying than thinking it all comes from soda ads :P

No I don't anymore. We were supposed to have snow last night and today and there's not even a snowflake anywhere! >:O

We haven't had a white christmas for years, and this time it was even almost as hot as autumn or early springtime -.-

Posted Dec 26, '12 at 1:05pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,570 posts

I always loved my 5th grade science teacher's argument about how Santa wasn't real when this one kid got real annoying insisting he was.

If Santa was real, the speed at which he would have to travel to reach every person celebrating Christmas in one night would result in all the reindeer, Santa, the sled and the presents bursting into flames due to the extreme air friction.

Posted Dec 26, '12 at 1:21pm

blk2860

blk2860

3,686 posts

Nope, when I was a kid, I stayed up late one night, Christmas night. I pretended to be asleep and saw my mom and dad put out the presents, even the ones that said "Santa"

Posted Dec 26, '12 at 1:34pm

Clancy12

Clancy12

3,938 posts

As far as I can remember, I never even got a present from Santa. I guess my parents wanted to spare me the horror of finding out hes not real. In fact, I don't think I had even heard of Santa until I started school. Oh well....

Posted Dec 26, '12 at 2:10pm

lol7776

lol7776

36 posts

not really because i heard my mom say she stayed up till like 4pm putting out all? the presents

Posted Dec 26, '12 at 3:12pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,154 posts

Santa is real, he lived in the 16th century (give or take a couple hundred years), and was a bishop in the Church, he was famous for dropping money into a poor man's chimney so he could care for his daughters.

(so long since I read the story, I am sure I have several errors)

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Dec 26, '12 at 4:37pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

4,953 posts

Knight

Not quite. St. Nicholas was born in the third century and became bishop of Myra (then-Greek, now-Turkey). According to legends of course... The chimney thing came later, the first version tells how he threw gold in from the window so that the poor man could give reasonable dowry for their daughters.
St. Nicholas Center

Reply to Do you still believe in Santa?

You must be logged in to post a reply!