ForumsPopular MediaAnime and Manga

141 61528
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

I didn't really search cause I'm too lazy to see if this type of thread exists but what the hell..

Anyways, I really love anime and manga. Right now I'm watching a few currently.. My favorite one at the moment is One Piece though. I always laid it off to the side cause it never really caught my attention, until recently. Now I know why it has been going on for so long now.

Basically I made this for people who love anime and manga to discuss and talk about everything anime.

So anyways my favorite anime of all time would probably include a few; Bleach, Death Note, FMA: Brotherhood, H.O.T.D., etc.

I would add some older ones too but meh. Btw this isn't just to talk about your favorite anime or whatever, you can discuss about them too.

• 141 Replies
leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

So, because Sour convinced me (without talking to me once ) I watched 45 episodes of one piece in 2 weeks.

So far, the show seems a bit typical. Find bad guy, fight two of his minions first where they are only 1 VS 1 and if anyone tries to interfere they are stopped. Kill bad guy, set sail. Find something bad.

Still, it is still alright and I'm enjoying it so far. I'll make my opinion when they get to the grand line though.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

So, because Sour convinced me (without talking to me once ) I watched 45 episodes of one piece in 2 weeks.

Har har har. I have that power sometimes

So far, the show seems a bit typical. Find bad guy, fight two of his minions first where they are only 1 VS 1 and if anyone tries to interfere they are stopped. Kill bad guy, set sail. Find something bad.

Still, it is still alright and I'm enjoying it so far. I'll make my opinion when they get to the grand line though.

Trust me, once you get to the grand line it's 100 times better. It around episode 60+ Don't remember though.
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

As I told Sour, and now he's telling you, once you get to the Grand Line the show takes off.

Ao No Excorcist

Eh, I haven't watched it yet, but from the description it doesn't sound all that great. I didn't even include it in my list I made, where I went through and read every description of every anime on the site and wrote it down in notepad if I thought it -might- be worth giving a shot, which is saying something...
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

I don't think it's amazing, but it's a pretty good anime. In my opinion anyways.

rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

I've watched One Piece on and off for years. I think I stopped around episode 160 or so, towards the beginning of the Skypeia Arc. Even up to that point, I agree with Leo's analysis. Sure, the arcs get longer, but the idea is the same. There didn't seem to be a cohesive plot throughout the series. That would be fine if the series were shorter, but after 100+ episodes, I'd expect there to be a clearer direction of where the plot is heading. This is a problem with a myriad of shounen anime/manga, though I will admit that Eiichiro Oda was clever in coming up with a premise to make these tropes make sense. I've taken cursory looks at the summaries for some later arcs, and they do admittedly seem interesting, but I don't really have the time or patience to wade through another 100+ episodes to get to the really good parts.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

To each his own I guess. I can easily go through 100 episodes just to get to great parts. If I have free time especially.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

i prefer mangas over animes because the most animes have too many filler episodes. i know, fillers are there so the manga author has enough time to make more chapters but they could at least fit into the story of the anime!

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

mangas over animes

Manga over anime* You don't add an s to them if they're plural. Just so you know in the future

And yes I like manga over anime most of the time. I agree with you completely that the fillers are sometimes annoying... BUT, there is some anime that have very good fillers.
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

i prefer mangas over animes because the most animes have too many filler episodes.

Actually, not all that many have fillers. Naurto is especially notorious (I think at least 1/4 of all the episodes are fillers...) but most have only 1 or 2 filler episodes, if any at all.

And yes I like manga over anime most of the time.

Meh, I disagree. From my experience most anime series follow their respective manga well, so it's just like the manga with sound and color and movement instead of monochrome and single scenes.

For anime that doesn't follow the manga well, I'd agree though.

BUT, there is some anime that have very good fillers.

Rule of thumb for fillers: If you couldn't tell it was a filler, it was good (you mostly only find out if you go and read the manga and find that that never happened...).
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Rule of thumb for fillers: If you couldn't tell it was a filler, it was good (you mostly only find out if you go and read the manga and find that that never happened...).

Yup that's how I know though, because I usually read the manga before the anime.

but most have only 1 or 2 filler episodes, if any at all.

Yeah. Bleach is also notorious for the fillers.. -.- I remember going through like 13 episodes of fillers once.

For anime that doesn't follow the manga well, I'd agree though.

To be honest I find more anime that don't follow manga well more than those that do.. But meh.
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Yeah. Bleach is also notorious for the fillers.. -.- I remember going through like 13 episodes of fillers once.

They have a filler arc which is like for before a movie that has nothing to do with anything else...which isn't bad in itself, but it has no place in the storyline.

To be honest I find more anime that don't follow manga well more than those that do.. But meh.

I haven't read many manga for the more popular ones, but the ones I have seemed to follow it nearly word for word and picture for picture.
rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

Since most of the anime I watch these days are either short (one or two seasons), completely original, or based off light/visual novels, I haven't run into the problem of fillers in a long time. But would you guys rather have fillers or nothing at all? One problem I had with filler-laden anime was the issue of continuity. Since anime producers can never predict what the mangaka is going to do next, they run the risk of adding content that ends up contradicting what happens later on in the plot.

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

But would you guys rather have fillers or nothing at all?

I'd rather have no episodes to watch for a while then watch stupid episodes that are completely unrelated to the storyline and aren't interesting. It's kind of like, would you prefer to eat a crappy cupcake once a week, or get a really good cupcake every other week or so? Why would you want to eat a crappy cupcake at all?
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

I have to agree with Kasic. It's better to wait for something great than to degrade it to something that isn't useful or entertaining. And like he said before, if it's good and it's a filler, you probably won't notice it's a filler. :P

kevinhex
kevinhex
17 posts
Nomad

Only delay because they have to wait for the manga to be translated and then do the animation, so I get to see another anime while doing the animation, the only bad this is that I just have to wait another anime too.
(note: if I wrote something wrong is because I speak Portuguese and I'm using google translator =P)
(note 2: yes, I know, has many spelling errors)

Showing 61-75 of 141