ForumsPopular MediaFavorite movie of all time?

41 18695
Ningakilla
Ningakilla
64 posts
Nomad

Mine is all three of the Dark Knight trilogy.
1:The Dark Knight Rises
2:The Dark Knight
3:Batman Begins

• 41 Replies
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Ugh. Really? The Dark Knight Rises above the Dark Knight?

Anyway hmmm. It used to be Shawshank Redemption but now it might be Argo. I cannot really put one in front of the other.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Ugh. Really? The Dark Knight Rises above the Dark Knight?

Tell me about it. When The Dark Knight ended I had tears in my eyes (shut up), as opposed to The Dark Knight Rises, where I wanted to gouge my eyes out. I hated that movie.

Forrest Gump was pretty good, but I recently saw The Green Mile and was blown away. I've always had a sweet spot for Tom Hanks (again, shut up).
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

I actually liked Begins the best, but that's just because I loved the scarecrow. Liam Neeson doesn't hurt either.

My favorite movie! I've probably said Return of the King in another thread. I also love Kingdom of Heaven (the director's cut), Starship Troopers, and Alien.

I almost left off The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly. Oh! Moon is awesome...Inception...yeah I'll stop.

p.s. Princess Mononoke and other Miyazaki movies.

arkaninerenegade
arkaninerenegade
785 posts
Nomad

pulp fiction/the godfather part 2/goodfellas/the departed

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

I would normally have said "Oh, I don't have a favorite movie," but after seeing the recent Les Miserables movie a few times, I think it's safe to say it beat down any other potential Number One, and took the lead enough to be on top.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

all dogs go to heaven
howls moving castle
lion king
pokemon 8
fox and the hound
balto
oliver and company.

no specific order. and i am PROUD to like these kind of movies :P

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

no specific order. and i am PROUD to like these kind of movies :P

You should be proud! Awesome list. Pokemon 8 kinda made me question your list, then I found out it was the Lucario and the Mystery of Mew movie, so I lost my doubt :P
Squidbears
Squidbears
627 posts
Nomad

Tell me about it. When The Dark Knight ended I had tears in my eyes (shut up), as opposed to The Dark Knight Rises, where I wanted to gouge my eyes out. I hated that movie.

I did not hate it, but I'm so glad I wasn't the only one to dislike it more than the others. Batman Begins was a phenomenal expositional film, The Dark Knight was a thought provoking masterpiece, but The Dark Knight Rises? It had a very generic plotline, subpar action sequences, and I absolutely hated "catwoman"/Talia.

That being said, I'd have a very hard time picking my favorite movie... so I shall make a list.

All of the LotR trilogy
The Jerk
Justice League: Doom
Star Wars episodes 5/6... and though I am ashamed to say it, episode 1

There are probably a lot more, but I am failing to remember them right now.
ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

The Godfather. Yeah, I know. Snore. What can I say? It's just a perfect film, there's a reason why everybody loves it.

NemNems
NemNems
6 posts
Nomad

1 : Holy Grail

And in second position : "La classe Américaine". A Detournment of Warner's movies. It's completely unknown in the world, but it's cult on the French internet community, very funny, really cultissime. It wasn't really legal, they acquired the rights in talking about a tribute. It was made by the realisator of The Artist and OSS 117, in 1993, with one of his bro. Wikipedia page : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Classe_am%C3%A9ricaine
The movie has been diffused only once on the TV, and isn't legal anymore. only foundable on Internet, with english subtitles. (I know, I write a lot ^^ but I thought that it was important to present this unknown movie).

3 : A medium length from the same team, in the same context, but just shorter and almost unknown in France.

4, with no specific order :
Lost In Translation
OSS 117 (The first)
Hot Fuzz (very subjective for this one, I think I overestimate it a little)

NemNems
NemNems
6 posts
Nomad

The wikipedia page didn't work : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Classe_américaine

Lanod
Lanod
28 posts
Nomad

RENT beats em all

AvengedSevenfold11
AvengedSevenfold11
529 posts
Nomad

My faves are typically Medeival/ancient/fantasy Action movies.

LOTR, The Hobbit, Gladiator, 300, Braveheart, Robin Hood, Ironclad and many more!

spinmove
spinmove
25 posts
Nomad

Requiem for a Dream
Natural Born Killers
American Psycho

JuicyFruits
JuicyFruits
171 posts
Nomad

Forrest Gump was pretty good, but I recently saw The Green Mile and was blown away.
Those are both amazing. And Tom Hanks is like the greatest. But, I like love The Hobbit! So I guess it's The Hobbit. Its pretty hard to decide though.
Showing 1-15 of 41