ForumsWEPRnot believing means send to hell?

154 53980
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

let us say there could be places like heaven and hell...

..what would happen with people who can not believe after they die? what happens with people who never had the chance to believe anything after they died? what happens with people who forgot that there is a god (altzheimers) or people who are mentally handicapped or people in a coma when they die?

my point is that believe can not be the only "thing" that decides wether they get into heaven or hell (if these places even exist).

just a thought i had today.

• 154 Replies
wflag10
wflag10
1,269 posts
Nomad

There is no Heaven, there is only Hell. Many religions say if you don't believe in them you will go to hell right? Then technically EVERYONE goes to Hell because they can't believe in two religions. So that means there is nobody in Heaven, and many people in Hell.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

There is no Heaven, there is only Hell. Many religions say if you don't believe in them you will go to hell right? Then technically EVERYONE goes to Hell because they can't believe in two religions. So that means there is nobody in Heaven, and many people in Hell.

So your soul is split into several thousands of parts that each go into a different hell? :P

But yeah, this is one of the reasons why Pascals wager is BS. It doesn't account for the myriad of religious beliefs out there.
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

According to Christianity, yes, not believing means you are delivered straight to hell. And I totally find it absolutely and extremely rationally logical since Illness is punishment sent by god for your sins! It makes &quoterfect" sense!!! Why don't you people understand it?!

Anyway, seriously there might be neither heaven nor hell not even afterlife on that matter. For example the Samsara.
But most religions, being literally ancient, are extremely vague on that matter. You might have read the part where the christian God divides the people into two groups during the time of Judgement. The sinners are sent to his left side. In the same manner, many such beliefs can be found in every religion.

infinight888
infinight888
37 posts
Peasant

This is the part of the Christian ideology that I hate the most. Since it's impossible to not sin, you're going to hell unless you believe in Jesus. Even back when I was Christian, this just seemed so evil to me. I actually remember asking about this in church and was told that it's why Christians have missionaries, to save the souls of those who don't know of God'slove, or something like that. It was less than a satisfactory answer because not everyone in the world could hear of God.

This is also the reason I could never be Christian, even if there was definate and irrefutable proof of God. I wouldn't sell out my own personal morals and worship a diety who eternally tortures innocent people for not believing in him, despite having no reason to do so. [/rant]

Showing 151-154 of 154