ForumsWEPRThe World War III Theory

393 163304
roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

World War I and II are futile to the might-be incoming war, the third World War.
You might laugh this time, but it will happen. Due to the recent events of the 21st century, it will happen. Some of the events are: 9/11, Sabah crisis, and N.K.'s declaration of war. So be prepared. I think it would be a nuclear war. But cyber warfare is more likely than the former.

[quote]"Wars will subside, but war can't be prevented" ---------- Anonymous

• 393 Replies
roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

........................."sigh" let's forget about that and talk what would happen after this war ended, if this war happens.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

You just made a reference to Spore by Electronic Arts.

Type-1 Civilization is a Global Civilization, a crucial period in our time where anything dangerous can happen beforehand. A video game did not create this reference. It's instead popularized by Dr. Michio Kaku.
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

........................."sigh" let's forget about that and talk what would happen after this war ended, if this war happens.

Dude you can't just decide to change the topic after you realize how stupid it is by simply sighing.

I thought the topic is World War III Theory, not some dystopian future ramblings.
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kardashev_scale

The Karashev Scale

The Kardashev scale is a method of measuring a civilization's level of technological advancement, based on the amount of energy a civilization is able to utilize. The scale has three designated categories called Type I, II, and III. A Type I civilization uses all available resources impinging on its home planet, Type II harnesses all the energy of its star, and Type III of its galaxy.

Type 0
A Type 0 civilization extracts its energy, information, raw-materials from crude organic-based sources (i.e. food/wood/fossil fuel/books/oral tradition); pressures via natural disaster, selection, and societal collapse creates extreme (99.9%) risk of extinction; it's capable of orbital spaceflight; in fiction, societies that fail to improve social, environmental and medical understanding concurrently with other advancements, frequently accelerated their own extinction:

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

I had to study the South China Sea dispute for a year a couple of years ago, did an attachment to the foreign ministry to boot and did some reading for that brief period, so the topic interests me greatly! I think its going to be rather tricky, because to China, not only is the area long considered its own backyard, but its period of strengthening and muscle flexing due to its enormous military and economic growth unfortunately has coincided with the general waning of US power in the region. China has always resented the US occupation and subsequent ''interference'' in the region, especially in Japan and Korea, traditionally China's ''little brothers''. This external element no doubt makes the whole situation more volatile than most territorial disputes.

China will not back down from its claims, and I think they will doggedly push them forth. As rising powers assert themselves, they feel impelled to challenge territorial boundaries, international institutions and hierarchies of prestige that were put in place when they were weak. Like Japan in the late nineteenth century, or Germany at the turn of the twentieth, rising powers will want their ''lace in the sun'', so to speak, bringing them into conflict with the established great powers, often the architects and beneficiaries of any existing international system .

What I feel is vastly different from the past is not only does China view the area in immensely historical overtones, considering the past century a mere blimp in their multi-thousand year history as the world's greatest power, but its increase power and influence has accumulated to the extent that it has outstripped any past precedent. Germany and Japan have nothing on her, she's closer to the USSR and USA. She will get her way most of the time, like it or not, and even without much military force. And the other great powers will either want to placate her with a few dollops of jam, or issue a few jingoistic blustering and do nothing.

My own personal bet is that China will continue drawing in other nations in the region into their own orbit via increasingly one-sided economic links and diplomatic cultivating, much like what Russia is attempting to do with the old breakaway nations from the USSR. Ultimately, if China's growth continues sufficiently, I think it'll de facto be able to control the islands, even if they are not considered the de jure sovereigns. I have grave doubts that there will be world war over a few islands in SEA Asia. The US might be able to intervene in smaller powers, but to take on China over these parcels of land? That will be much harder to justify to the American public, which will be further compounded and paralyzed by other facets of the Sino-American relationship.

I think stuff will only heat up to panicky Cuban-Missile-Crisis levels if China directly threatens Japan and Korea's existences. But that's very farfetched.

roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

Dude you can't just decide to change the topic after you realize how stupid it is by simply sighing.I thought the topic is World War III Theory, not some dystopian future ramblings

I did that because I don't want to argue with you.
roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

Type-1 Civilization is a Global Civilization, a crucial period in our time where anything dangerous can happen beforehand. A video game did not create this reference. It's instead popularized by Dr. Michio Kaku.

Thanks for the correction and info.
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

The major economic world power must also become the major political power, even if it doesn't want to. It happened to Britain in the 19th century, the United States in the 20th, and thus will happen to China in the 21st. (Unless China's economy collapses due to it's reliance on foreign loans to promote development) I think it is unlikely that another world war will occur, as the countries capable of waging one are highly reliant on each other, but it is pretty much certain that major powers will keep becoming involved in local conflicts in unstable regions for the foreseeable future.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

(Unless China's economy collapses due to it's reliance on foreign loans to promote development)

Development? Do you mean the the rapid expansion of foreign-currency borrowing from foreign banks, (especially HK, Taiwanese banks) to the mainland? I think it's more a recent reliance, since it's only in the last couple of years that they vastly stepped up foreign borrowing after the dollar's value wilted.

I think that's something to fear, especially when their banking regulations aren't as strong and structured yet. But I think another more looming problem is the possibility of Chinaâs real-estate market suddenly collapsing (Maybe due to a combination of falling prices and a supply glut.?), since much of Chinese wealth is tied up in property.
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

This is a BBC documentary about China's economy.

How China Fooled the World

roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

But what if WW3 was started by an international terrorist organisation?

Kennethhartanto
Kennethhartanto
241 posts
Constable

i think this is pretty impossible, since in the known history the ones that engage in world wide conflict are nations, not some international organization. even if they did start a war to counter - counter terrorism operations by the US and it's allies, that would just give US more reasons to violate more international law and solidify it's position in the modern world, an end product that is obviously not wanted by any terrorist organization
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

How
roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

How

By using an advance weaponry that they will fire on a specific country (or a group of countries) and blame it on another country (^). Thus, a fight will begin.
Showing 301-315 of 393