ForumsForum GamesThe End-Times ~ This is How You Died ~ You & Kate

90 13907
Kanine
Kanine
74 posts
Nomad

Hello! Welcome to The End-Times. This is a zombie game. I'm sure right when most of you read the 'zombie' word, you're thinking to yourself, Oh Geeze. Another one? Well... I'm pretty sure no one has ever done anything like this in a forum game before. That is why I'm bringing it to you here and now.

*Don't read this unless you care about why the title is the way that it is*
The title is long and confusing I suppose, so I'll elaborate. The series is called The End-Times. The 'This is How You Died' part is in there because that is the main gist of the game. The 'You & Kate' part is the name of the story you will be playing.This game isn't about how to find a cure, and how you saved the world. This game is actually about your death. Its inevitable. But, the way you play, is like a story. Everything you achieved, every action you made, will be made into a story. And the ending will, of course, explain how you died. I hope that in the future, I can make more 'End-Times' games, and add a book of one of your (the players) stories in the next game, or maybe somehow make the stories connected in a way. This game might be long, or it may be short. It all depends on how well you do.

On to the important stuff. The game is pretty realistic in my opinion. You will be given a decent sized character sheet, but I'll have a much bigger one so I can keep track of exactly what you did in your story to be precise as possible with updates and things like that. There won't be stat bars or percentages for hunger or any basic needs though. Instead, you get moodlets, or effects.For example, say you killed a couple of zombies in your first days of slaying them. You may become nauseous, or come down with anxiety. There will be different levels of hunger, thirst, and so on. Peckish is very slightly hungry, then it goes up from there. Under the effects will be a description of what the type of effect is doing to your character. There are many more moods and effects, but you can discover them for yourself as you play.

As for the main game play, I only have one story for everyone to try. The story will differ in some cases, depending on what you want to do, so in a way, even though its the same story it can still be changed from another players version.

I hope this hasn't confused anybody so far. I confuse myself pretty often. Anyways, I will give the story just below this, then give an example of the character sheet.

~The Story~
Kate, your wife, has been keeping along with you pretty well, until things got a little too rough. In your 'fortress', which was a two story building with many entry points such as windows and doors, was found by raiders. One man in particular, who had worn a black vest, blue jeans, and black shoes, has ran you off of the fortress you both called a home. It was well barricaded... till the man tore it down. He doesn't have a name, but there are plenty of names that you'd both enjoy calling him.

• 90 Replies
Kanine
Kanine
74 posts
Nomad

Lol, you're really planning ahead, aren't you? I'll update tomorrow, but remember, the only thing that this RPG has in common with Project Zomboid is the title, and the story. But the events that take place within it other than Kate's broken leg will not be the same. This guy could be anybody.

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

...........Exactly.and thats why I planned for everything.

Kanine
Kanine
74 posts
Nomad

You quickly make up your mind about what your going to do and prepare for friendly, or hostile interaction. You put your back against the wall, beside the door opposite of the window.

"Hello?" the strangers voice travels though the door and window, but makes it faint. "Is someone in there?"

His shadow becomes noticeable on the wooden floor as he peeks through the window. Its safe to assume he didn't see you, but the zombie may have alerted him, since it was hissing at you through the window.

For about five seconds, nothing happens. Then, the door knob begins to turn. He slowly opens the door, and it swings open. His shadow now carries a gun, as it travels along the wall across the living room. The long barrel and the way he's holding it helps you come to the conclusion that he must be carrying a shotgun of some type. He's slowly and cautiously entering the home with it raised.

(The closest thing that you planned for was him barging in, but he didn't do that, so you can make a different action.)

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

Since he hasent seen me, he doesnt know what I got. I tell him to drop his gun nicely, and if that doesnt work I "Lie" to shwo dominance power.

Kanine
Kanine
74 posts
Nomad

"Drop your gun nic..."

Before the sentence could be finished, the man steps into the room and swings his weapon towards your face, then takes a few steps back, leaving the door wide open with the sun shining through it and illuminating the light-brown wooden floor.

His white and red baseball cap partially covers his long, dirty blonde hair. He's wearing no jewelery, or utilities of any type. He seems to not be carrying anything else, either. The black vest he's wearing must be making him really hot, since there is sweat dripping down his brow. He's also wearing blue jeans, and large, black boots.

He keeps his gun aimed at your head, and violently slams the door shut with his right arm, as his left one keeps the gun ready to fire.

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

"Well that plan failed, So hi there I guess. I'm guessing from your appearence your going to try to loot our house? well, go on ahead. we dont have anything here, in fact I was just about to go out and raid." Thats all I tell him, because I dont want him to know my wife is here too. but I accendently say our anyway.

Kanine
Kanine
74 posts
Nomad

Affects:
-Hungry
-Thirsty
-Sweaty

After a few moments of silence, and angry looks he's giving you, the silence is broken.

"Well that plan failed, so hi there I guess. I'm guessing from your appearance, you're going to try to loot our house? Well, go on ahead. We don't have anything here, in fact I was just about to go out and raid. I need to take care of my w..."

"Raid?" he says, interrupting you. He gives you some more dirty looks, as he repositions his weapon on his shoulder to be a little more comfortable for him. "You raid?" he asks, again, with a violent attitude. He seems very upset.

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

Oh my, I'm sorry! I meant to say I scavenge, raid just is easier to say and is a smaller word less sylables you know. I was actually about to go to the house over there to find some food, Im kinda low. But by the way your staring, I'm guessing you have a raider problem? I'd help but I dont have a gun, niether.

Kanine
Kanine
74 posts
Nomad

"Just shut up." he commands. He begins to take a look around him.

He looks back at you.

"You in the middle of raiding this place?" he questions, still with a violent tone.

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

Ugh, no. I live here, Im rai- er scavenging OVER there. i just havent got the chance to leave yet.

Kanine
Kanine
74 posts
Nomad

He swiftly swings the butt of the gun, and it catches your right cheek. The force of the blow causes you to fall back into a corner of the wall and further damage your head.

While you try to process what just happened, he aims the gun right back at your face, holding the barrel of the gun closer than before.

"If you lie to me one more time, you're last meal will be my gun."

His eyes are piercing your dazed eyes. There is a painful throbbing sensation in the back of your head, and a more painful one on your right cheek.

"Where is your group? Your little raider buddies?" Then, his voice raises immensely. "Tell me now!" he demands, shoving the barrel of the shotgun into your damaged cheek.

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

I'm not lying! I live here, I was about to go over there, but man dont kill me. I got a wife with a broken leg to tend to, I cant die. not yet, anyways.

Kanine
Kanine
74 posts
Nomad

He keeps the pressure on your cheek with the barrel of the shotgun, and thinks for a few seconds. Then, he stops pressing it against your face, and backs up a bit, but keeps it aimed.

"Show me."

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Kanine..I just wanted to let you know that I have not forgotten about this RPG. The past week I've had a paper to work on..so my brain is quite plff..and my times on the computer are mostly filled with trying to complete it. I'm not quiting the RPG..just letting you know that is why I've been slow with updates.

Should be changing soon..and I should be able to start being able to pick up the pace some

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

"Ok then!" I lead him upstairs and into the room. "Kate, this er gentleman wants to meet you, Please try not to be afraid."

Showing 46-60 of 90