ForumsForum GamesWar For Ore (Mining RPG)

742 176938
lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

In the year 2034...
Mining can be dangerous, being crushed, suffocated, or trapped and starved to death are only the usual risks. You could also be redirected into the sewer and drowned, shot by other rogue miners, or eaten alive by monsters from the depths. But they pay is good, the right merchants will pay handsomely for minerals or metals, and the wrong merchants will pay the gear you steal from other miners.
To start your life as a miner fill out the character sheets below.

Name:
Description: Optional
Currency: $300
Arms: None
Armour: None
State: Healthy
Items: Pick-axe, knife.

Also spend you starter money for gear at Godmund's Shop.
(Note: Weapons will stay in your items list and not under arms until you choose to equipped them)

-------------------Godmund's Shop----------------------------------------------

Gas mask: Mask that blocks out toxic fumes with a cloth covered in charcoal, is made of laminated glass so it won't shatter if it cracks. $40

Rebreather: Mask which recycles the air the wearer is breathing. $100

Kevlar: Dense synthetic body armour, well capable of stopping any non-magnum bullet under 7mm and spreading the impact force. $100

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Colt Predator
Type: Revolver
Type stats: Double-action Non-magnum
Ammunition: 10mm lead bullets
Ammunition feed type: six chambers
Cost: $150

Name: Concord-forger
Type: Revolver
Type stats: Double-action Magnum
Ammunition: 7mm lead bullets
Ammunition feed type: six chamber
Cost: $180

Name: Snyder and Kemp
Type: Handgun
Type stats: Single-action
Ammunition: 6mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 12 bullets in a clip
Cost: $120

Name: Gorgon
Type: Handgun
Type stats: Double-action
Ammunition: 9mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 8 bullets in a clip
Cost: $200

Name: Double barrel
Type: Shotgun
Type stats: 15mm bore
Ammunition: Buckshot
Ammunition feed type: Brake-action, two shells

Name: Barb Spitter
Type: Shotgun
Type stats: 12mm bore Pump-action
Ammunition: Fletchette shells
Ammunition feed type: four shells

Name: Uzi
Type: Sub-machine gun
Type stats: 12RPG
Ammunition: 5mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 25 bullet clip
Cost: $200

Name: Waster
Type: Sniper rifle
Type stats: Magnum, laser-pointed
Ammunition: 11mm magnum bullets
Ammunition feed type: One bolt-action loaded round
Cost: $210

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Medical attention: Healing for all injuries. $20

Medical kit: For healing whilst in the mines, limited resources. $50

Medical Insurance: Unlimited free medical attention. $650

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 742 Replies
lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Name: Brhundle Capio
Description: Brhundle is from a poor family from Philippines. His parents don't know what to do to get money. His father decided to rob the bank. His father captured by Police and get jailed. However,Brhundle lived with his mother.
Currency: $10
Arms: Colt Predator 6/6
Armour: Kevlar / Gas Mask
Items: Pick - Axe / Knife

You enter the mine via a old elevator and soon find yourself in a winding tunnel of rough black rock, you seem to be the only miner here.
There is a tunnel leading straight ahead and to other tunnels leading left and right.

Name: Edward Neo
Description: Edward is a mysterious and shy boy, he's 20 years old. He is very intelectual and smart. After a tragedy, he was forced to become a miner to earn his living.
Currency: 0
Arms: Gorgon (8/8)
Armour: Rebreather mask
Items: Pick-axe, knife, turquoise gem.

The girl, who introduces herself as Samantharina says"No I just come down here to see if the water was dangerously filthy, I entered through a man hole just a few meters away."
She also tells you she only became a Darkonian so that if she ever met a Jigjam (Darkonians and Jigjams are rival clans) they'd probably try to kill her on sight, and as most Jigjams are professional bounty hunters it should be quick and painless. Supposedly she's a emo.

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

Name: Lurch
Description: Young punk-rocker and general low-life. He became a miner to further his knowledge of explosives so he might one day overthrow the government. Viva la Revolution!
Currency: $195
Arms: Hagwraith micro 20/20 (20)
Armour: Gas Mask
State: Healthy,
Items: Pick-axe, combat knife, med-kit,

"I know all about that," I reply candidly, "one of the kids at the trash-house tried to get high licking toads. I found him blow'n chunks in the alley later that night." I laugh at the fond memory and join Alazzander on his spot of dry land.

Voyage2
Voyage2
650 posts
Nomad

Description: Brhundle is from a poor family from Philippines. His parents don't know what to do to get money. His father decided to rob the bank. His father captured by Police and get jailed. However,Brhundle lived with his mother.

I would now walk straight following the paths while holding my Pick - Axe. I would now look for space to mine. It's dark here a bit. -Me

neoexdeath
neoexdeath
374 posts
Farmer

Description: Edward is a mysterious and shy boy, he's 20 years old. He is very intelectual and smart. After a tragedy, he was forced to become a miner to earn his living.

"Well, why didn't you choose the Jigjams?"
After she answers I say "Ok, bye!" and go deeper in the sewers.

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Name: Max Blunt
Description: Max (or Maximilian) is rational, rather cowardly (according to some sources) and smart. He's gone into mining because he wants to work his way to the top and until he's there he's going to trample anything and everything in his way.
Currency: $80
Arms: Snyder & Kemp
Armour: Rebreather
Items: Pick-axe, knife

I'd like to go for the quarry.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Description: Young punk-rocker and general low-life. He became a miner to further his knowledge of explosives so he might one day overthrow the government. Viva la Revolution!

As you set set up camp (optimistic expression as you don't have any tents or fire wood) Alazzander takes out a phone, getting no reception he dissolves to a game which looks like a hybrid between snake and tetris.
Penny focuses on endlessly polishing her dart gun.

As the sun starts to set Penny declares it you duty to keep watch first and promptly goes to sleep using a possum she tranquilized as a pillow.
Alazzander uses his folded up medical coat.
Weirdly almost immediately after the body-guard falls asleep the sound of night creatures becomes veritably louder.

You soon reach the end of the path, a dead-end adorned with a large formation of sodium metal.

Samantharina replies "If I had joined up with the Jigjam's I would be a target to Darkonians, and many Darkonians are mafioso's. Sure I appreciate being wrapped up in a nice rug after dying but I'm looking forward to getting a nice gravestone."

It's getting a bit darker as you move deeper, with only the slices of light from old manholes entering the sewer-pipe. There are more bits of green gem splintering the tunnel walls here.

Name: Max Blunt
Description: Max (or Maximilian) is rational, rather cowardly (according to some sources) and smart. He's gone into mining because he wants to work his way to the top and until he's there he's going to trample anything and everything in his way.
Currency: $80
Arms: Snyder & Kemp
Armour: Rebreather
Items: Pick-axe, knife

You enter the mine and are soon greeted by the sight of a large locker room, currently empty. A door leads to the inner mine.

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

I clutch the hagwraith to my chest and rock back and forth in my place, muttering the lyrics of 'Break On Through' quietly to myself, "Try to run, Try to hide..."

Voyage2
Voyage2
650 posts
Nomad

I would now start using my pick - axe at the side where sodium metal placed. Avoids to step near the Dead End.

neoexdeath
neoexdeath
374 posts
Farmer

I attempt to mine some more of this green gem. Does it emit light or anything?

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Ironically as you starts the next line something brakes through from the other side of the bracken and stares at you with wide yellow eyes.
It a strange entity about 2.5 feet tall with milk white skin and mitten-like hands.

(This isn't the first creature like this, so if you'd like to see a picture of one go to page 21, a second post down.)

The sodium is fairly soft for a metal at is distorted quite easily, the dead end is slightly curved but quite sudden and made of that same rough black rock.

Items: Pick-axe, knife, turquoise gem x2.

The gems don't emit light, but light that filters through them bounces around and makes them glow slightly when they aren't in the dark.
You brake off more gem, but feel eels brushing past your feet in there creepy,creepy way and see a swarm of them rushing away from back where you came from.

Voyage2
Voyage2
650 posts
Nomad

Goes back a bit to mine something again.

neoexdeath
neoexdeath
374 posts
Farmer

Insects? If I only had something gluey... Anyway, I attempt to run from the swarm, without heading too deep into the cave (I mean, not going to the point where I can't see anything).

sasukemystery
sasukemystery
1,447 posts
Nomad

Name: Viet Anh
Description: Exiled from the Brotherhoods of Assassin clan, he is now looking to find gold and continue his dream of being the best Assassin there is.
Arms: Uzi 25/25
Armour: Gas mask
Items: Pick-axe, knife, Medical kit, gold nugget, golden premolars x2

I continue searching for gold and ask the old miner "Any luck?"

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

I jump back startled. "Holy chit man, aliens!" I shout as I scramble to wake up Penny and Alazzander.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

You go back and continue hacking at the sodium, until a slab the size of a slice of bread brakes off.

As you start to run the eels overtake you, and Samantharina runs into vision, waving her arms wildly and cackling madly.
"That'll do eels." She says triumphantly.

Name: Viet Anh
Description: Exiled from the Brotherhoods of Assassin clan, he is now looking to find gold and continue his dream of being the best Assassin there is.
Arms: Uzi 25/25
Armour: Gas mask
Items: Pick-axe, knife, Medical kit, gold nugget, golden premolars x2

You continue sifting through the grey water but don't find anything.
The other miner, shows you an array of golden bits he's found as well as an old wedding ring covered in bite marks.

Penny has her dart gun in her hand before she opens her eyes, and Alazzander lurches upwards shouting "Liver Transplant!"
The entity reals back fearfully and Penny shoots it in the ribs.
Plucking the dart from it's ribs it frowns before pronouncing "I seepy."
I swiping Penny's tranquilised-Possum-pillow and going to sleep on it.

Showing 421-435 of 742