ForumsForum GamesWar For Ore (Mining RPG)

742 176839
lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

In the year 2034...
Mining can be dangerous, being crushed, suffocated, or trapped and starved to death are only the usual risks. You could also be redirected into the sewer and drowned, shot by other rogue miners, or eaten alive by monsters from the depths. But they pay is good, the right merchants will pay handsomely for minerals or metals, and the wrong merchants will pay the gear you steal from other miners.
To start your life as a miner fill out the character sheets below.

Name:
Description: Optional
Currency: $300
Arms: None
Armour: None
State: Healthy
Items: Pick-axe, knife.

Also spend you starter money for gear at Godmund's Shop.
(Note: Weapons will stay in your items list and not under arms until you choose to equipped them)

-------------------Godmund's Shop----------------------------------------------

Gas mask: Mask that blocks out toxic fumes with a cloth covered in charcoal, is made of laminated glass so it won't shatter if it cracks. $40

Rebreather: Mask which recycles the air the wearer is breathing. $100

Kevlar: Dense synthetic body armour, well capable of stopping any non-magnum bullet under 7mm and spreading the impact force. $100

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Colt Predator
Type: Revolver
Type stats: Double-action Non-magnum
Ammunition: 10mm lead bullets
Ammunition feed type: six chambers
Cost: $150

Name: Concord-forger
Type: Revolver
Type stats: Double-action Magnum
Ammunition: 7mm lead bullets
Ammunition feed type: six chamber
Cost: $180

Name: Snyder and Kemp
Type: Handgun
Type stats: Single-action
Ammunition: 6mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 12 bullets in a clip
Cost: $120

Name: Gorgon
Type: Handgun
Type stats: Double-action
Ammunition: 9mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 8 bullets in a clip
Cost: $200

Name: Double barrel
Type: Shotgun
Type stats: 15mm bore
Ammunition: Buckshot
Ammunition feed type: Brake-action, two shells

Name: Barb Spitter
Type: Shotgun
Type stats: 12mm bore Pump-action
Ammunition: Fletchette shells
Ammunition feed type: four shells

Name: Uzi
Type: Sub-machine gun
Type stats: 12RPG
Ammunition: 5mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 25 bullet clip
Cost: $200

Name: Waster
Type: Sniper rifle
Type stats: Magnum, laser-pointed
Ammunition: 11mm magnum bullets
Ammunition feed type: One bolt-action loaded round
Cost: $210

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Medical attention: Healing for all injuries. $20

Medical kit: For healing whilst in the mines, limited resources. $50

Medical Insurance: Unlimited free medical attention. $650

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 742 Replies
lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Name: Ilden Rendegraver
Description: Ilden was born in New Greenland, He has finally acquired a Pick-axe capable of actually breaking rock & the musculature required. Ilden has followed the Mineral-Rush, he intends to acquire enough money to buy the cure for his older brothers illness. Brass colored hair, dark brown eyes and coffee brown skin.
Currency: $10
Arms: Pick-axe, Barb Spitter 4/4
Armour: Gas Mask
Items: , knife, Barb Spitter x1, Medical Kit,

No.
As you sit around looking at rocks you hear a strange snuffling sound coming from the tunnel leading deeper.

Name: Millia Farsight
Description: Millia was trained by her father to fire over incredibly long distances under harsh conditions, giving her an affinity for sniper rifles and an appreciation for guns that can kill someone in one effective shot. She took to mining because she needed the money, and the only clear ways of doing so were either mining or prostitution, and the latter is VERY unfavorable.
Currency: $40
Arms: Waster 1/1

Don't worry, if you stay near the flaming coal/crude oil bonfire for to long the gas-mask could clog, but you'd easily be able to brush the ash off the mesh.

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

Description: Ilden was born in New Greenland, He has finally acquired a Pick-axe capable of actually breaking rock & the musculature required. Ilden has followed the Mineral-Rush, he intends to acquire enough money to buy the cure for his older brothers illness. Brass colored hair, dark brown eyes and coffee brown skin.

I shoot at it!!!

Chess341
Chess341
960 posts
Shepherd

Name: Sarah Curtis
Description: One of few female members of society to take to the mines, Sarah mines so she can help feed her sister Tracy and her mother. In the mines she prefers to talk before shooting, but she has her Dad's old gun just in case.
Arms: None
Armor: Kevlar, Gas Mask.
Items: Pick-axe, knife, Dad's Old Double Barrel.

Her Dad's shotgun is just for story and it cost $150 for repairs, is that okay? Anyway I want to start outside of city limits.

Kylelolcat
Kylelolcat
4,813 posts
Nomad

Description: Millia was trained by her father to fire over incredibly long distances under harsh conditions, giving her an affinity for sniper rifles and an appreciation for guns that can kill someone in one effective shot. She took to mining because she needed the money, and the only clear ways of doing so were either mining or prostitution, and the latter is VERY unfavorable.

Well, in that case, I'm going to see if there's a way down further in...preferably away from the fire.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Seeing as your using a shotgun (not great range), and you are just shooting in the direction of a sound, it's strange that you hit.
But hit you do. There's a whimper as something suddenly finds a fist full of
darts sticking out of it's hide, then a crunch as presumably something bigger and toothier eats the creature that whimpered.

(Second hand shotgun is fine since you payed for it.)

You climb down the rope ladder into the pit-mine and find yourself in a large cave-like chamber with airborne dust sluggishly stirred by soft-bodied insects. There is a crevasse leading deeper, with some old ropes near it. The walls are covered in a green fast-growing crystal with four-winged bats apparently eating it.

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

(he meant Sara Curtis I think...for the latter bio posted...)

More shooting! I drop my pick-axe and draw my other barb spitter if i can. Should my equipped one be 3/4?

Kylelolcat
Kylelolcat
4,813 posts
Nomad

You skipped me.

SectoidMedic
SectoidMedic
165 posts
Peasant

Name:Med
Description: A 25 year old mercenary eager to gain some cash
Arms: Colt Predator 6/6
Armour: Gas Mask,Kevlar
I look at the suitcase.

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

You go down the second elevator into a new chamber, this one isn't much better. There are strings on half molten rock dripping from the ceiling but it isn't smoky. The exit is a crevasse on the far side of the chamber. There are metallic glints coming from slivers of ore visible on the walls.

Inside you find a sealed letter, a ominous block of metal with a small screen, and a silencer.

ame: Ilden Rendegraver
Arms: Pick-axe, Barb Spitter 3/4

(Yep but it needs to be cocked using two hand before it can fire again.)

There is a final lip-smacking noise before the creature finishes it's meal and moves into the light.
This is no natural creation, it has the body of a giant frog, but furry ratlike limbs protrude from it's belly in seemingly random places and thick stitches hold them there. One of the animals eyes is a angry red whilst the other is pale green.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Did I just post under Talonwoods name and armatar...?

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Uaaaargh!

Kylelolcat
Kylelolcat
4,813 posts
Nomad

I start chipping away around the ore while trying not to get dripped on.

SectoidMedic
SectoidMedic
165 posts
Peasant

I put the silencer on my gun, and put the other 2 items in my pack.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Items: Pick-axe, knife, Ore sphere.

The walls are strangely clay-like and soft, after a few seconds you manage to pull out a chunk of ore, it looks like aluminum. Its very pure and a perfect circle shape about the size of a grapefruit, this is perhaps caused by erosion, though there's no water here at the moment.

Arms: Silenced Colt Predator 6/6
Items: Pick-axe, knife, Gel-based Explosive, envelope.

As you stow the items the "heavy duty" door gives way and crumples like tin foil. On the other side is a circular tunnel knee high filled with rushing greasy-looking water, with the door open water starts rushing into the chamber you're in.

Kylelolcat
Kylelolcat
4,813 posts
Nomad

Items: Pick-axe, knife, Ore sphere.

I'll see if I can mine out any more good samples or ore like the one I just mined out.

Showing 16-30 of 742