ForumsThe TavernWhich Weapon is Better?

140 33735
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

So there were a few people, and they were brainstorming and then told me to make this thread. Blame them, unless this gets really sucessful or something.
This is a discussion over which 'weapon' is better. There might be a lot of unconventional weapons. And all you have to do is argue your point; which weapon you think is better. No spamming or flaming or whatever it is that people do that is annoying.
First up; Biting with or without braces?

• 140 Replies
Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

Break a cactus over someone's head and you may knock them out if it's in a flower pot (you'd break the flower pot, not the cactus), but by themselves, they're more annoying than they are dangerous, and carrying it would not be worth the little damage it will do to your opponent.

A watermelon to the head, however, would be deadly in certain circumstances, depending on how hard you can hit your opponent with it. If you want to simply injure someone with it, that's even easier. A watermelon to the foot dropped from waist height would cause enough pain to stun your opponent, allowing you to finish them however you please. What's a stupid cactus going to do? Poke them to death?

Also, aloe vera is made from a certain type of cacti, and it's a well-known pain suppressant. A weapon that nullifies the pain and damage it deals is useless in my book. Actually, if we're going by my book, a cactus wouldn't even be in there because of how useless a weapon it is.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,251 posts
Regent

I'll take cactus, for the same exact reason..plus melee.

Weeell, if you account also for the cactus pot, which I forgot about, then I would have to agree.. :P

Break a cactus over someone's head and you may knock them out if it's in a flower pot (you'd break the flower pot, not the cactus), but by themselves, they're more annoying than they are dangerous, and carrying it would not be worth the little damage it will do to your opponent.

I can assure you that the prickles of this cactus here, which can reach a watermelons size or more, are a little more than an annoyance if thrown at someone's face. Noone likes laceration.. admittedly, you won't kill that person like that, but neither would a watermelon if used in the same way.
http://georgessylviemarie.g.e.pic.centerblog.net/g65w4c4k.jpg
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Watermelons. Its heavy, its not as prickly(less pain for the attacker), and you can basically shove a big piece of it down someone's throat.

GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

I vote for the painful of the painful... cactus. You can use watermelon seeds as ammo (too much cartoons, I know) and you can make a helmet out of it if the attacked strikes back. But I would prefer a cactus. It's spiky, painful and it can get stuck in your skin.

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

Noone likes laceration.. admittedly, you won't kill that person like that, but neither would a watermelon if used in the same way.

No one likes a broken nose or missing front teeth either. The main advantage of the cactus is that it could stick to the face of your opponent and painfully blind them as well as tear up their skin, but the disadvantage there is that they're still alive, and now they have the cactus in their possession. And they're mad as hell, and in this state of pain, they've got nothing to lose, so now they're a potential threat to you. You could attempt to hit them over the head with the cactus, but although it would fiercely pierce the skin, it would not be strong enough to penetrate the skull. This is where the watermelon comes in handy. One blow to the top of the head should be enough to at least knock your opponent out and give them a serious head injury if not kill them completely. And you can throw it without hurting yourself, unless you're seriously out of shape.
gamerguy12345
gamerguy12345
2,851 posts
Bard

I vote cactus. If we are going to include the flower pot then you could quite easily throw the cactus directly at someone's face and seriously injure them.

The main advantage of the cactus is that it could stick to the face of your opponent and painfully blind them as well as tear up their skin, but the disadvantage there is that they're still alive, and now they have the cactus in their possession. And they're mad as hell, and in this state of pain, they've got nothing to lose, so now they're a potential threat to you.

If they are blinded they wouldn't be able to see where you are and thus, couldn't hurt you. How would you be able to see when you have been blinded? And how would the person get the cactus off their face and attack you with it? Of course they could just run at you with the cactus on their face and try to poke you, but they wouldn't be able to see where you are, and couldn't hurt you.

So if you don't already know, my vote goes to cactus.
Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Cactus may seem deadly, but they're really not lethal. It really can go both ways, but if used right, watermelons can cause brain damage and concussions (though hurling a watermelon at the foe will do no good unless you have a throwing arm of a football Quarterback).

Then again, a cactus can REALLY hurt and nobody want to get pricked by those.

Well, I'm voting for watermelon.

danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

A watermalon is so clumsy, you will rather miss then hit ANYTHING.
You will be lucky hitting a elephant with it.

And as a person who used to work as a so-called gardener on a garden of a cactus collector, with a little curving or some nice steps, a cavtus cann become a primitive sword. And a shield. And a hat. And fighting with your collgue with it its great fun and hurt as hell. Sure its not deadly, but when it get a little dry its hard as a stone. And unlike a watermelon, everyone can handle it.

A watermelon make your enemy victory more sweet. A cactus keep sting a long time after. Unless he wont feel anything anymore.

CACTUS, i choose you!

MagicTree
MagicTree
749 posts
Nomad

Why must we choose!?!?!

I think watermelons can do a lot of damage if used right, as a melee weapon. And the square watermelons in Japan would be awesome as building blocks. Build a wall around them with square watermelons for the win! And we are forgetting to smash a watermelon onto the attacker's head. Then they can't see until they take it off, giving you time to attack them. If you got hungry, you could eat some. And as GandalftheGrey said, watermelon seeds as ammo. Definitely.

But if you use a poisonous cactus as a melee weapon, holding the flowerpot as a handle, you have an epic SWORD OF PAIN AND DEATH. It will probably get latched on though.And be useless until you pull it off. You get a bit of pain, but it's not worth all the trouble. AT first I was going to vote cactus, but now I changed my mind :P

I vote Watermelon

danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

Well, it has to be done. I need two vulenteers who live in the same countrey and are not affraid to get some serious injuries...

mybrand24
mybrand24
41 posts
Nomad

Well if u hit someone in the eye and penetrate deeper (thats what she said) it could reach the brain but im not sure so i vote cactus

danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

Next two wepones maybe? I think we slaughtered the subject.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Ehehehe, I see what you did there. Slaughtered. Ehehehe *ahem*
So, unless I counted wrong, it was...A TIE! Le gasp.

Next up: Thorny Stick vs Potato Peeler!

danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

Simply - a knife or a bug???

-_-

Im nit sure if you misspelled, i misspelled or you acualy thought on a way of hurting someone with this cute and innocent bug.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,251 posts
Regent

This one really depends on what exactly you mean by potato peeler or thorny stick.

For example, a potato peeler could be like this, in which case it wouldn't really be of any use at all:
http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/amadoj0nes/12889441/66384/66384_original.jpg

If, however, the potato peeler looked like this, it would be at least somehow effective as a stabbing knife:
http://www.kitchenaria.com/images/uploads/2andhalf-inch-Potato-Peeler.gif

Concerning the thorny stick, it would have to be long and robust enough, and be prepared so as to not have thorns at the handle area. A smaller one-handed stick would be faster, but I would even prefer a longer, two-handed stick. Blunt weapon with spikes so-to-say. One could even carve a point at the end to alternatively use it as a spear.

To conclude:

- A potato peeler, even if pointy version, has very short range and can only stab.

- A thorny stick that satisfies certain attributes (length, sturdiness) can be customized to a neat multi-use, long-ranged weapon.

I think it's pretty clear: Thorny stick wins.

http://www.giftwareireland.com/image/cache//data/cat59/blackthorn-500x500.jpg

Showing 106-120 of 140