ForumsWEPRDrug Regulation

123 49843
MachoMachoGrande
MachoMachoGrande
2 posts
Nomad

Ive seen my friends grow up recently into older teens now. They used to be really cool and stuff, but now they like smoking... illegal things if you know what i mean. I want you guys to know that if you know someone whod oes this and it bothers you too you can talk to me about it because i understand how you feel about it too.
but really, what i want to talk about is how you guys feel about recent growth in teenagers smoking things not tobacco?
would you reach out to a friend in need?
we need more good people reaching out to people addicted to drugs so they can be good people again too.
if you were addicted to drugs how would you want to be approached?
i for one would want my family to step in and throw an intervention. i feel like if enough people i care about told me that i had a problem and couldnt livea normal life i would really change my mind about whatever drug i would be addicted too.
thank you please think and respond.
MachoMachoGrande

• 123 Replies
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

^Clearly you've never had the misfortune of spending a few hours in a US DMV. Oh, how I envy you; I was under the impression that "cruel and unusual punishment" was unconstitutional.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

^Clearly you've never had the misfortune of spending a few hours in a US DMV.

this is what i said about. the public will blow it up (befor they even understand it).
there is no reason to draw a line between the DMV for a driving/car license where you need training and insurance etc. etc. and a license to buy alcohol...

Oh, how I envy you; I was under the impression that "cruel and unusual punishment" was unconstitutional.

what drugs have you been using when you wrote this post? xD
plz. tell me where i talked about "cruel and unusual punishments? tell me where i even talked about punishments at all.. xD haha
there is no punishment. your would simply not be able to buy if you didn't..
yielee
yielee
618 posts
Shepherd

The government legalizing pot will force colleges to allow graduates with degrees in Marijuana so they could support the industry.

mbbs112
mbbs112
198 posts
Peasant

I know what you mean Dude,My cousin is smoking and so i tell him to stop smoking but he doesnt listen to me because he said that when he smokes he feels relaxation and i even told him that smoking can get you cancer he ignored me.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

The government legalizing pot will force colleges to allow graduates with degrees in Marijuana so they could support the industry.

They already give out those degrees. They are called medical degrees.

I know what you mean Dude,My cousin is smoking and so i tell him to stop smoking but he doesnt listen to me because he said that when he smokes he feels relaxation and i even told him that smoking can get you cancer he ignored me.

Do you know how many everyday items can contribute to cancer? A lot.
mbbs112
mbbs112
198 posts
Peasant

[quote]Cigarette smoking is the number one risk factor for lung cancer. In the United States, cigarette smoking causes about 90% of lung cancers.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

You should have mentioned you were talking about tobacco..since the major theme of this thread has been marijuana+ topics.

Still..many things can give cancer. And the people smoking are aware of the risk and are accepting of such risk...why should they be forced to stop?

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

And the people smoking are aware of the risk and are accepting of such risk...why should they be forced to stop?

There's stuff like secondhand smoke where the people that didn't consent to the risks, such as asthmatics, suffer.
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

And the people smoking are aware of the risk and are accepting of such risk...why should they be forced to stop?

There's stuff like secondhand smoke where the people that didn't consent to the risks, such as asthmatics, suffer.

Not to mention the #1 most littered item in the USA are cigarette butts. They're toxic, non-biodegradeable, account for tons of wildlife deaths and even a few infant deaths, all because smokers are too **** lazy to properly dispose of their harmful habit.

In the past month, I've seen 3 people throw cigarette butts out their car window into the street. On campus for my college, there are dozens if not hundreds of cigarette butts in the rocks outside of buildings or in the gutters.

I don't care if people smoke, but they shouldn't be allowed to in public areas and they shouldn't be littering. Smoke in your own house if you live alone and kill yourself slowly, but don't pollute the air for everyone else. And don't give me the bullcrap that you can't smell it, cigarette smoke is so noxious you can often smell it across a park if the wind is blowing the right way, or all around the smoker in a 20-30 foot radius if the air is mostly still.
mbbs112
mbbs112
198 posts
Peasant

Very True and Right Kasic

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

Well in reply to the OP
If the people are smoking Marijuana then I really wouldn't bother them since it's not addictive, and doesn't hurt you as much as cigarettes or alcohol can.

Now personally I have friends who do things like shrooms and LSD and some other stuff (nothing hard like cocaine or heroine) while doing quite well in their lives and doing much better in school then I am.
Then there's the fact that I actually do drink alcohol and weed but I am as responsible as you can be when it comes to things like that. I don't drive while intoxicated and I barely even go out in public while intoxicated so that people don't have bad stereotypes about me.

Smoke in your own house if you live alone and kill yourself slowly, but don't pollute the air for everyone else. And don't give me the bullcrap that you can't smell it, cigarette smoke is so noxious you can often smell it across a park if the wind is blowing the right way, or all around the smoker in a 20-30 foot radius if the air is mostly still.

Yea cigaret smoke does have a strong scent, but really if you live in an urban area you're probably breathing in much worse stuff than that like fumes from cars or factories unless you're standing right next to someone smoking which you probably aren't.

Not to mention the #1 most littered item in the USA are cigarette butts. They're toxic, non-biodegradeable, account for tons of wildlife deaths and even a few infant deaths, all because smokers are too **** lazy to properly dispose of their harmful habit.

Litter in general is just horrible in the USA but yea cigarette buds actually are the most common litter in the world, making up 32% of all litter.
According to Ocean Conservancy -4.5 trillion cigarette butts are littered in our parks, sidewalks and public places yearly, according to Keep America Beautiful. Cigarette butts are the most littered item in the United States.

Also cigarettes contain toxic substances such as "cadmium, lead and arsenic" which you said that they contained toxic substances, but it feels nice to list what chemicals are in there instead of just saying there's bad stuff in there.

Well on a side note since marijuana is rolled it has no filter made of non biodegradable plastic and the rolling paper is "most commonly made with wood pulp, hemp, flax, or rice straw".
Also contains less carcinogens than tobacco.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Then there's the fact that I actually do drink alcohol and weed but I am as responsible as you can be when it comes to things like that

You drink weed? Dang.

I have personally injected 5 weed before..but drinking it..
holy cow..
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

If the people are smoking Marijuana then I really wouldn't bother them since it's not addictive

Not physically/chemically, but the feelings caused by it (such as getting high) can be psychologically addictive because it's a pleasurable activity.

Yea cigaret smoke does have a strong scent, but really if you live in an urban area you're probably breathing in much worse stuff than that like fumes from cars or factories unless you're standing right next to someone smoking which you probably aren't.

Just because there's worse stuff in comparison doesn't make it good.

Also contains less carcinogens than tobacco.

I'm pretty sure the pure stuff is non-carcinogenic.
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

I'm pretty sure the pure stuff is non-carcinogenic.

Seems like it isn't.

Both tobacco and cannabis smoke contain the same cancer-causing compounds (carcinogens).

Smoke in general is just not healthy for you to breathe in anyway.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

Seems like it isn't.

Ok, so it is, but the THC makes it far less harmful.
Showing 106-120 of 123