ForumsWEPRSmoking

58 10733
Wittman
Wittman
318 posts
Nomad

Do you think that the United States should ban smoking.

Sorry if this is already a topic

I think that smoking should because because it is harmful to the environment and that people could gte killed from i. If you want to be a lifesaver, then you can quit smoking. It is just as simple as that.

• 58 Replies
KlNG
KlNG
301 posts
Nomad

So is driving your car.

& smoking what?

Wittman
Wittman
318 posts
Nomad

Just smoking anything. If people smoke then they will put there life and others life in danger. So because of that, they should ban smoking in the U.S.A.

GregWeeler
GregWeeler
259 posts
Nomad

Can I ask you this? How does smoking put other lives in danger?

Sure you will probably say, "second-hand smoke." Well how many people do you know die from second-hand smoke? None.

People say that second-hand smoke is worse than the what they smoker breaths in, which is only partially true. Yes it may be worse, but the smoker is breathing in that, plus the stuff from the actual cigarette.

Wittman
Wittman
318 posts
Nomad

Smoking puts other lives in danger because when they breathe in the smoke, the body thinks of it as actually smoking and that can affect your body exceedingly high. It could cause lung cancer and give you cancer anywere. It could be your mouth, kidney, or even lung. So, smoking does put many peoples lives in danger.

Many many people die a year, and you can see on this website, , , http://www.smokehelp.org/html/second_hand_smoke.html

EL_Dyablo_666
EL_Dyablo_666
579 posts
Nomad

I think it should be banned.

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

@El_Dyablo_666- I think spa, without evidence or reasoning behind it should be banned. :P

purpledinosaur
purpledinosaur
679 posts
Peasant

look ar how much this would slow the already receding economy(not really receding economic growth last quarter was about .05%) but in my opinion it should be banned

MsterXantos
MsterXantos
438 posts
Nomad

ban it all smoking does nothing good fo rthe world only bad

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

@MsterXantos- What about the employees who will be laid off when the industry they work is destroyed? Shouldn't people be able to make their own decisions even if they will hurt themselves?

MsterXantos
MsterXantos
438 posts
Nomad

but in the process they kill others who do nto want to by their secon dhand smoke and why are all of your @ at me?

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

smoking does damage the enviroment, but to a very small extent. think of how often youre in a car, a bus, a train. think of how often you forget to turn an electrical appliance off. - thats more damamging.
Its a persons right to smoke. you have to realise many people use it as a vice for their stress etc. it is harmful for other also, but you have to be at a close distant, passing someone in the street wont lead to a passive smoking death, and usually it'd be your own choice to be that close to a smoker.
Also, your nation can't ban smoking. im from ireland and we have a smoking ban. it doesnt ban smoking. it simply rules out smoking from all public places such as bars, which makes people less inclined to step outside and smoke. Also by putting up the prices on tobacco etc. but a full ban will never take place.

snowman1474
snowman1474
225 posts
Peasant

well where I live they have banned smoking state wide(YAY!) And I do think that they should because why should I have to be harmed because you want to smoke!? Go smoke somewhere else and go kill yourself slowly.

Snowman1474

thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

Driving, alcohol, Fast Food, Pizza, sports, sex, medicine, doctors, surgery, tanning, and everything fun puts lives at risk. In fact, hundreds slip, fall, and die in the shower every year. With your philosophy, we should ban showering. So should we ban everything that has killed someone? No. People have something called choice. Once you start eliminating choice, it becomes a slippery slope to oppression.

Grey
Grey
281 posts
Nomad

No, the US should not ban smoking, that's ridiculous. People can make their own decision whether they want to smoke or not.

However, I think there should be designated smoking/non-smoking areas so the second-hand smoke doesn't hurt other people.

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

I agree that having no-smoking areas makes perfect sense, but people have the choice of what to put in and do to their bodies. Alcohol isn't illegal, why should smoking be? It is a pleasant social activity (if you're into it) and yes, everyone who does it knows it is detremental to their health. Others shouldn't be subjected to second-hand smoke, but free choice still reigns here.

Showing 1-15 of 58