ForumsForum GamesUnique Country RPG

138 32931
jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

Rules:
1.New players are always welcome.
2.Double check to make sure you completely filled out the nation sheet.
3.If I haven't specified something, you can make it up yourself. But nothing too extreme without my permission. For example, if I say your in a forest, you can say that it's made up of only oak and maple trees. What you cannot do is say that there is a native tribe of cannibals hidden in the trees.
4.If you have questions or feel I've done something wrong, feel free to ask or correct me.
5.I'll overlook how your species could have evolved, but not how they currently exist. For example, I'll allow a ants with lungs which allow them to grow very large, but not a chipmunk that's the size of Mt.Everest and only eats a leaf a day. Unless you have an unbelievably good explanation.
6.No aliens.
7.You can do virtually anything in this, but if you do something really stupid that I don't like, for example start a space program when your in the iron age, I'll probaly say a tornado hits and destroys the program.
8. I may change the rules or the character sheet if they need changing. I probaly won't though if your strongly against it.
This country RPG differs from others because you will not play as humans, and you must play as a different species. This species will still be smart enough to eventually build a civilization though. I'd prefer something unique, like a race of giant owls who worship leaf gods, but if you really want to play as elves I'll probaly allow it.
How this works: You will post an action and I will post a reaction. Then you post another action and I post another reaction. You can interact with other players and I may decide to force you to interact with other players, in-game. For example:
You: I send twenty chipmunk gatherers to get nuts.
Me: Your chipmunk gatherers get you enough food to last your entire village about a month.
Another player: I attack the chipmunk tribe to steal their nuts with my elephant warriors.
Your posts will usually be a few sentences though. Everyone will start in a place similar to England, but the exact geography like locations of rivers and forests can change. Everyone will spread out into neighboring areas after the game gets going. You delete everything in brackets in the nation sheet. Those aren't the only questions you answer though, just examples. The more detail you put in the less I make up for you.
Name of Race: (Owleans? Drakkgihn? What will you choose?)
Your Location: ( Are you in a thick forest? Are you on the coast?)
Hierachy: (Does your race elect a president? Do you have slaves? Do you have elders?)
Military: (Do you have spearman? Is it men only? Do you have one big army or smaller squads?)
Physical Description: (This one is pretty straight forward. But genders may differ.)
Mental Description: (Are your people all geniuses, or are they idiots? Do they have innate respect for each other? Are they warmongers naturally?)
Other Anything that doesn't fall into the other categories.)

• 138 Replies
rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

Name of Race: Rychusiors (preying-mantis beings)
Land Controlled: Large Forest. Is assualted by wolves though.
Other Land Found: Deep, deep forest to the west and south, mountains to the north, ocean to the east.
Technology: Spears, javelins, stone walls.
Hierachy:
- King
- Council
- Wealthy Peoples
- Mid Peoples
- Poor Peoples
- Slaves
Military: One huge army, and lots of spears!
Physical Description: Silver, three horns on head. They average three feet in height.
Mental Description: Respect, yet love war. Very stubborn.
Population:600
Population Status: Neutral

I research architecture, and send my scouts on an expedition through the big forest to the south and west.

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

Name of Race: Lycans
Locations found: Dense Woods
Locations controlled:
Technology: Nothing whatsoever, as nothing is needed.
Hierachy: -Alphas: Leader of the pack -Betas: Most likely to replace Alphas if they fall from grace -Subordinate: Any pack members that's not Alpha or Beta -Omega: Lowest pack member; Easily Sacrificed
Military: They fight in a berserker style, waiting until the dead of night to attack, and then everyone joins in on the burning and killing all in their wake.
Physical Description: The Lycans are a society of werewolves. They walk on two legs and have long, sharp claws.
Mental Description: Vicious, Unstable, and Loyal. Not the sharpest tools in the shed though.
Population: 400
Other: They believe that death in combat is the ultimate form of enlightenment. Those who die peacefully are dismissed as cowards and left to rot. So that everyone has a chance to go to the Great Battlefield after death, all members over thirty years old (35 is the average age to die at of old age) have an oppurtunity to participate in an elders only gladiator fight.

*I wasn't expecting them to transform. I like your tweaks, but I was hoping to develop armor, or at least fire, as technology further down the road.*

To quell this resistance I order all Beta members to keep silent watch over the Omegas, whom I suspect to be responsible. I issue a decree promising a promotion to Subordinates and Omegas who bring the pelt of, or offer any information on the Shuwerial Leaders.

neoexdeath
neoexdeath
374 posts
Farmer

Name of Race: Drakonians
Land Controlled: Roughly the center of the island, beside a large lake. Is rivaled by wargs though.
Other Lands Found: None.
Technology:Stone axe, stone pickaxe.
Hierachy: Alpha
Omega (almost equal to Alpha)
Counsel members
Warriors
Commoners
Military: A lot of Red Warriors.
Physical Description: They don't really have a gender, but most other tribes referred to them as "he". Look kinda like dragons, but more human, they average 2M tall, musculous body and don't have wings (excepting the Alpha and Omega)
Mental Description: They are mostly calm and protective.
Population: 300
Other: They usually fight through their unique draconic arts.

Well, some of them attempt to research some kind of boat.
They also research some improved housings with the wood and stone gathered.
And the Drakonians who brought the stone axe/pick join the counsel (if they aren't in it already).

jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

Name of Race: Dervans
Controlled Location: The hills, slightly to the east of the island.
Found locations: Thick forest to the south, north, and west. To the east are Agalien terrotories of which little is known, besides for that the closest parts are hills similar to your own.
Technology: Wood axes with a stone blade, used purely for battle.
Hierachy:Military General,officers and solders are Dervans who rule rule over slaves-slaves are from your rival race, the Agalies.
General of all armies
Few High Ranking Officers
King Titular Title
Soldiers
Slaves
Military: Regular army size higly trained for protection of villages,patrols etc and in times of war and Slaves are mobilized
Physical Description: Humanoid about 2,5 m tall and muscular red eyes and black skin,2 horns on head
Mental Description: Xenophobic,Mad for defences and fortifications,Territorial,Sadistic
Population:300
Other: Dont care for other than their own race,Dark religion which involves sacrifacing slaves
*You are unable to make swords right now since it is currently late stone age, and stone is a bad material for sword blades.*
Your people create a spear, made of a long, straight piece of wood with a sharp stone tip jabbed into the end. It is then used to stab enemies at a distance. If an enemy gets too close however, the spear is rendered near useless. As well, most of your army, 150 assorted men and women, march to the Dervan/Agalien border in preparation for the attack. There are fifty soldiers left behind as a form of police to make sure there isn't any trouble. As well, there are another 100 citizens who are hunters and priests, etc, who stayed behind. Your troops can see the Agalien army in the distance from their camp.

Other Land Found: Deep, deep forest to the west and south, mountains to the north, ocean to the east.
Technology: Spears, javelins, stone walls, stone huts.
Hierachy:
- King
- Council
- Wealthy Peoples
- Mid Peoples
- Poor Peoples
- Slaves
Physical Description: Silver, three horns on head. They average three feet in height.
Population:700

Your scouts go on the expidition south, but they do not return. After two weeks, it is assumed that despite the training and javelins they have been killed by wolves. Deciding that expansion isn't needed for now, the Rychusiors simply work on their architecture. The most common form of housing is where stones are stacked on top of each other, and gently curve to form a domed roof. A strong stick is placed in the middle of the hut as well for additional support. Your population also lives mainly in one village, surrounded by a stone wall with several stone buildings inside where people live.

Locations controlled:
Hierachy: -Alphas: Leader of the pack -Betas: Most likely to replace Alphas if they fall from grace -Subordinate: Any pack members that's not Alpha or Beta -Omega: Lowest pack member; Easily Sacrificed
Military: They fight in a berserker style, waiting until the dead of night to attack, and then everyone joins in on the burning and killing all in their wake.
Physical Description: The Lycans are a society of werewolves. They walk on two legs and have long, sharp claws.
Mental Description: Vicious, Unstable, and Loyal. Not the sharpest tools in the shed though.
Other: They believe that death in combat is the ultimate form of enlightenment. Those who die peacefully are dismissed as cowards and left to rot. So that everyone has a chance to go to the Great Battlefield after death, all members over thirty years old (35 is the average age to die at of old age) have an oppurtunity to participate in an elders only gladiator fight.
*You can still develop fire and armor, it's just that currently you don't need fire for heat and using it for any other purpose is fairly complex. For light armor, the only thing stopping you is lack of materials.*

Your suspiscions were partially correct, as it turns out that almost all omegas are members of the religion Shuwerial, but none are leaders. It is reported by one of the Beta's in fact, that it is the older, weaker (physically, not mentally) who are leading this new religion. None have been attacked about this, since it is against the laws to randomly attack Betas. It is acceptable to challenge them to a formal fight, but even then they may decline. Of course, this law could be overruled, but it would look bad to the surbodinates and omegas, who make up most of the population. As well, it appears as though that the Shuwerial religion is spreading.

Land Controlled: Roughly the center of the island, beside a large lake. Is rivaled by wargs though.
Other Lands Found: Forest surrounding lake.
Counsel members
Warriors
Commoners
Physical Description: They don't really have a gender, but most other tribes referred to them as "he". Look kinda like dragons, but more human, they average 2M tall, musculous body and don't have wings (excepting the Alpha and Omega)

Your people are slightly confused by the idea of housing, as before they simply slept in the mudbanks, their thick hides and the dirt protecting them from most of the elements. If it was truly bad weather, then they could simply rest by the trees. They need more guidance to make any form of shelter.
When it is actually attempted, it is found that there is no good way to tie the logs together. Instead, they simply take a large log and rest on it while gliding around the lake. This proves to be quite serene and it is an enjoyable past time for most citizens.

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

Hierachy:
- King
- Council
- Wealthy Peoples
- Mid Peoples
- Poor Peoples
- Slaves
Population:700

I research a Towers, ones that my Javelin throwers can spot enemies from and attempt to kill them. I then send a scout party to the huge body of water, and search around it for anything special.

danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

Name of Race: dinozatians
Your Location: grassland
Hierachy:
tribe leader(leader of a tribe,definitely a trolodon)
elites(high vetrans that protect the tribe leader,sorta like the king's guard,normally a predator x)
warriors(do all the fighting with other nations and ravaging bandits,normally velociraptors,sometimes velociraptors on t-rex's)
guards(they act as the tribe's police force,velociraptors and pteradacti)
villager(weaker dinos and herbavores and hatchlings)
Military: most of them can fight.all fighters are armed with weapons.both genders can fight
Physical Description: basically intellegent dinosaurs
Mental Description: carnivores are somewhat warlike,but herbavores are peacefull
Other:they are not very advanced in tech,dumb brutes...anyway...

neoexdeath
neoexdeath
374 posts
Farmer

Counsel members
Warriors
Commoners

Hmmm... interesting. Well, they then research some sort of string, to tie things together.

stealth_ninja05
stealth_ninja05
1,078 posts
Peasant

Name of race: Riledarions
Land controlled: Hills and forest
Other Lands found: -
Technology:
Hierarchy:
Cheif
Council (10)
Elite Warriors
Warriors
Average people
Military: several squads, that use large swords and battle axes
Physical description: 2-3 metre tall humanoid lizards
Mental description: territorial, loyal, warlike, most are not very smart but some are quite smart.
Population:
Other:

jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

Land Controlled: Stone village and surrounding forest. Is assualted by wolves though.
Other Land Found: Deep, deep forest to the west and south, forest then mountains to the north, forest then ocean to the east.
Hierachy:
- King
- Council
- Wealthy Peoples
- Mid Peoples
- Poor Peoples
- Slaves
Population:800
---------------------------------------
The council had decided that towers, tall hollow pillars that you could climb onto would be immensely useful. However, the mud placed inbetween the cracks of the stone is not nearly strong enough to support that much wait, especially with uneven stones. Whenever the tower got above five feet tall, it collapsed. To make matters worse, it would be even more difficult to place inside something which allows you to climb up. The final descision was to start a whole new, but similar, project. After much contemplating, someone came up with the idea to hide in trees instead. Some of the thicker branches offer a lot of support, it appears to work well. Undoubtedly towers would be better, but it's simply unattainible. Many years have gone by, with the time it toook before giving up on towers and figuring out a substitute.
The hard part, though, is that the wolves always attack the javelin thrower on the way to the tree. Placing them in the trees around the village makes it a easily defended location, but you cannot do much else. The wolves have begun a more organised attack, where several come from different directions at once. These wolves are almost completely halting outward expansion, and you have little idea what's happening outside your walls.
The council was intially leaning towards sending scouts to the large body of water, but decided that with the wolves about it's simply to risky, unless they were to organise a massive party, which would require another meeting to decide.
-------------------------------
Counsel members
Warriors
Commoners
-------------------------------------------------------
There is a thick vine in the forest that seems to fit your needs perfectly. Once cut, easy with your stone axes, it can then be used to tie almost anything. Already, there are piles of it in your village.
Unfortunately however, the wargs are up to trouble once more. It seems like they are going into the forest as well, not just the lakeside. It appears like a new conquest of theirs, however, as you have not seen many wargs going through a forest.
------------------------------------------
Area controlled: grassland
Areas found: None
Hierachy:
Tribe Leader (leader of a tribe,definitely a trolodon)
Elites (high vetrans that protect the tribe leader,sorta like the king's guard,normally a predator x)
warriors(do all the fighting with other nations and ravaging bandits,normally velociraptors,sometimes velociraptors on t-rex's)
guards(they act as the tribe's police force,velociraptors and pteradacti)
villager(weaker dinos and herbavores and hatchlings)
Military: most of them can fight.all fighters are armed with weapons.both genders can fight
Mental Description: carnivores are somewhat warlike,but herbavores are peacefull.

You are only to control one species, not what appears to be half a dozen.
------------------------
Land controlled: Hills and forest to the north and east.
Other Lands found: Forest to the south and west, controlled by Frukons.
Technology: Stone axes.
Hierarchy:
Cheif
Council (10)
Elite Warriors
Warriors
Average people
Military: several squads, that use stone axes.
Mental description: Territorial, loyal, warlike, most are not very smart but some are quite smart.
Other: They dig burrows in hills in which they sleep in at night.
*You can't have battle axes or swords because this is late paleolithic age, not yet the bronze age. I also added where they sleep, you can change it if you want.*
It is war once more with the Frukons, the Riledarion's long standing rivals. Your people originally controlled the forest to the south and west, but your simply did not make use of it, since food was more plentiful the north and east. The Riledarions were punished for their lack of vigilance when the Frukons moved in from the far west and invaded. They quickly took a foothold in the forests they now have, and you've been at a stalemate ever since, with frequent border skirmishes. Recently though they've taken a large chunk of the northern forest, which cannot go unpunished.
(Frukons look like bipedal bears with extra long and sharp teeth and claws. They also stole your invention of the stone axe and use it in battle)

danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

Area controlled: grassland
Areas found: None
Hierachy:
Tribe Leader (leader of a tribe,definitely a trolodon in all of the tribes)
Elites(protect the leader,sorta like the king's guard)
warriors(do all the fighting with other nations and ravaging bandits.)
guards(are the tribe's police force)
villager(normally a hatchling,just a weak civilian)
Mental Description: carnivores are somewhat warlike,but herbavores are peacefull.

okay...so diffrent tribes control diffrent species...good nough?

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

Land Controlled: Stone village and surrounding forest. Is assualted by wolves though.
Other Land Found: Deep, deep forest to the west and south, forest then mountains to the north, forest then ocean to the east.
Hierachy:
- King
- Council
- Wealthy Peoples
- Mid Peoples
- Poor Peoples
- Slaves
Population:800

I train a very good unit who specializes in the defense and attack of the wolves. I use these units to protect my village.

dechlan1
dechlan1
1,179 posts
Nomad

Name of Race: Furbians
Your Location: Beachy, coasty area.
Hierachy: Pack Leaders and Elders.
Military: Small packs of the little guys, no weapons except stuff they can throw and shells on their heads.
Physical Description: Small round furry creatures, big eyes and big mouths. Very plump and short, short stubby legs and arms, 2 fingers and 1 thumb on each hand. Sharp teeth but very stubby claws.
Mental Description: They are territorial creatures and are really smart in coordination and organisation but very dumb in common sense and or literacy skills as they have none.
Population:1000
Other: They originate from hedgehogs. They eat leaves and plant and small bugs.

Try to make a faster system for getting places and try to collect some local plant life to study.

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

Locations controlled:
*You can still develop fire and armor, it's just that currently you don't need fire for heat and using it for any other purpose is fairly complex. For light armor, the only thing stopping you is lack of materials.*

I organize hunting parties to the woods. After careful consideration I send the more experienced Alphas to lead the groups. Leaders of the Schuwerial, as well as devout followers will be forced to go. This is a ploy though, so when they get far enough into the wood, there they will be sacrificed on makeshift Dreybuxle alters.

stealth_ninja05
stealth_ninja05
1,078 posts
Peasant

Land controlled: Hills and forest to the north and east.
Other Lands found: Forest to the south and west, controlled by Frukons.
Technology: Stone axes.
Hierarchy:
Cheif
Council (10)
Elite Warriors
Warriors
Average people
Military: several squads, that use stone axes.
Mental description: Territorial, loyal, warlike, most are not very smart but some are quite smart.
Other: They dig burrows in hills in which they sleep in at night.

If I can will try research stort stone spears and long spears (pikes). Also prepare about 500 long sharp stakes. (To keep most the frukons away while the Rilledarians stab them with spears).

DavidLS
DavidLS
651 posts
Nomad

Name of Race: Foxlins
Location Controlled: Open field near forest
Location Discovered: Deep Forest.
Technology:
Hierachy: 5 Elders lead the people. They themselves pick who will replace them.
Military: One big army of both genders lead by the youngest Elder.
Physical Description: Fox people. Males are 3 feet tall, females 2,5 feet tall. Often Brown fur, but sometimes they are born with red fur.
Mental Description: They are loyal to each other, but dislikes other speices. This makes them keep to themselves most of the time, but not afraid to fight.
Population: 700
Population: Staying the same.
Other: They are very religious, and worship many different gods. They believe the Elders have a special link with the gods.

Our tech level is low, we have no weapons, we are pre-bronze age. Our temples are big stone buildings. This is all the info you gave about my tech level and the lands around.
My last action was: We let the rabbits by untill we get better ways of hunting, and let the hunters back at the standard hunting prey. We still keeps gathering the potatoes and, in the meanwhile, try to find ways of improving the life quality of the tribe. We also send a messenger out to make people of the tribe sure, that the rabbit will not harm the tribe, and the gatherers of the potatoes will keep watch with them.
Sorry I haven't replyed in some time, I have been sick.

Showing 91-105 of 138