ForumsForum GamesUnique Country RPG

138 32791
jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

Rules:
1.New players are always welcome.
2.Double check to make sure you completely filled out the nation sheet.
3.If I haven't specified something, you can make it up yourself. But nothing too extreme without my permission. For example, if I say your in a forest, you can say that it's made up of only oak and maple trees. What you cannot do is say that there is a native tribe of cannibals hidden in the trees.
4.If you have questions or feel I've done something wrong, feel free to ask or correct me.
5.I'll overlook how your species could have evolved, but not how they currently exist. For example, I'll allow a ants with lungs which allow them to grow very large, but not a chipmunk that's the size of Mt.Everest and only eats a leaf a day. Unless you have an unbelievably good explanation.
6.No aliens.
7.You can do virtually anything in this, but if you do something really stupid that I don't like, for example start a space program when your in the iron age, I'll probaly say a tornado hits and destroys the program.
8. I may change the rules or the character sheet if they need changing. I probaly won't though if your strongly against it.
This country RPG differs from others because you will not play as humans, and you must play as a different species. This species will still be smart enough to eventually build a civilization though. I'd prefer something unique, like a race of giant owls who worship leaf gods, but if you really want to play as elves I'll probaly allow it.
How this works: You will post an action and I will post a reaction. Then you post another action and I post another reaction. You can interact with other players and I may decide to force you to interact with other players, in-game. For example:
You: I send twenty chipmunk gatherers to get nuts.
Me: Your chipmunk gatherers get you enough food to last your entire village about a month.
Another player: I attack the chipmunk tribe to steal their nuts with my elephant warriors.
Your posts will usually be a few sentences though. Everyone will start in a place similar to England, but the exact geography like locations of rivers and forests can change. Everyone will spread out into neighboring areas after the game gets going. You delete everything in brackets in the nation sheet. Those aren't the only questions you answer though, just examples. The more detail you put in the less I make up for you.
Name of Race: (Owleans? Drakkgihn? What will you choose?)
Your Location: ( Are you in a thick forest? Are you on the coast?)
Hierachy: (Does your race elect a president? Do you have slaves? Do you have elders?)
Military: (Do you have spearman? Is it men only? Do you have one big army or smaller squads?)
Physical Description: (This one is pretty straight forward. But genders may differ.)
Mental Description: (Are your people all geniuses, or are they idiots? Do they have innate respect for each other? Are they warmongers naturally?)
Other Anything that doesn't fall into the other categories.)

• 138 Replies
rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

Name of Race: Rychusiors (preying-mantis beings)
Your Location: Large Forest
Hierachy:
- King
- Council
- Wealthy Peoples
- Mid Peoples
- Poor Peoples
- Slaves
Military: One huge army, and lots of spears!
Physical Description: Silver, three horns on head. They average three feet in height.
Mental Description: Respect, yet love war.
Population:500
Population Status: Neutral

I attempt to train guards so I can protect the people from the wolf attacks. If there are a few people willing, I send them out to hunt the wolves or see why they are deliberately attacking us Rychusiors.

neoexdeath
neoexdeath
374 posts
Farmer

Name of Race: Drakonians
Your Location: Roughly the center of the island, beside a large lake.
Hierachy: Alpha
Omega (almost equal to Alpha)
Counsel members
Warriors
Commoners
Military: A lot of Red Warriors.
Physical Description: They don't really have a gender, but most other tribes referred to them as "he". Look kinda like dragons, but more human, they average 2M tall, musculous body and don't have wings (excepting the Alpha and Omega)
Mental Description: They are mostly calm and protective.
Population: 300
Other: They usually fight through their unique draconic arts.

The Alpha and Omega agree that's now the warg's territory. "We anyway have enough territory to expand." the Alpha says. (Yes, they do have a language, but only they can understand it.)

ubica88
ubica88
2,188 posts
Nomad

Name of Race: Dervans
Your Location: Open field near forest
Hierachy: General,officers and solders are Dervans who rule rule over slaves-slaves are from other races

General of all armies
Few High Ranking Officers
King Titular Title
Soldiers
Slaves

Military: Regular army size higly trained for protection of villages,patrols etc and in times of war and Slaves are mobilized
Physical Description: Humanoid about 2,5 m tall and muscular red eyes and black skin
Mental Description: Xenophobic,Mad for defences and fortifications,Territorial
Other: Dont care for other than their own race

dechlan1
dechlan1
1,179 posts
Nomad

Name of Race: Furbians
Your Location: Beachy, coasty area.
Hierachy: Pack Leaders and Elders.
Military: Small packs of the little guys, no weapons except stuff they can throw and shells on their heads.
Physical Description: Small round furry creatures, big eyes and big mouths. Very plump and short, short stubby legs and arms, 2 fingers and 1 thumb on each hand. Sharp teeth but very stubby claws.
Mental Description: They are territorial creatures and are really smart in coordination and organisation but very dumb in common sense and or literacy skills as they have none.
Population:1000
Other: They originate from hedgehogs. They eat leaves and plant and small bugs.

Get the eccentric citizens and use them as bait, set 6 soldiers to be hidden, leave the eccentric citizens for the beast, attack the beast when it goes for them. Main priority, keep the bait alive, it will not look good if they die.

ubica88
ubica88
2,188 posts
Nomad

Your Location: The hills
Hierachy:Military General,officers and solders are Dervans who rule rule over slaves-slaves are from other races
General of all armies
King Titular Title
Soldiers
Slaves
Military: Regular army size higly trained for protection of villages,patrols etc and in times of war and Slaves are mobilized
Physical Description: Humanoid about 2,5 m tall and muscular red eyes and black skin,2 horns on head
Mental Description: Xenophobic,Mad for defences and fortifications,Territorial,Sadistic
Other: Dont care for other than their own race,Dark religion slave Sacrifices

DavidLS
DavidLS
651 posts
Nomad

Name of Race: Foxlins
Hierachy: 5 Elders lead the people. They themselves pick who will replace them.
Military: One big army of both genders lead by the youngest Elder.
Physical Description: Fox people. Males are 3 feet tall, females 2,5 feet tall. Often Brown fur, but sometimes they are born with red fur.
Mental Description: They are loyal to each other, but dislikes other speices. This makes them keep to themselves most of the time, but not afraid to fight.
Population: 700
Population: Staying the same.
Other: They are very religious, and worship many different gods. They believe the Elders have a special link with the gods.

To spread the rabbits, we try to send 3 scouts who is try to scare them. They get told to be carefull. Then 10 others are waiting for the oppotunity to get one of the rabbits.
Meanwhile, the tribe will try to research, to find ways of making hunting easier.

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Name of Race: Aqui (amphibians)
Your Location: Near the coast, about 30 metres underwater
Hierarchy: Revolves around a large Board of Representatives, with a Chairman who serves as a normal Representative unless there is a stalemate, in which case its vote counts double.
Each squadron, union, corporation or other group of people has one of these groups. They are all democratically elected.
Military: Democratic structure tends not to work so well in armies, so the top brass is elected via a performance basis. Warfare isn't such a big thing, though.
Physical Description: Silver to black hides, mostly iron grey. They are about two to three metres tall with a long (3-4 metre) tail and opposable thumbs on each of their four arms. Their hide is very tough and all organs are well-packed in blubber.
They can go down to about 600 metres and are incapable of eating meat, as well as being mostly fireproof. They are rather slow on land, though.
IMPORTANT: they are completely androgynous and capable of asexual breeding.
Mental Description: The average IQ is around 280, with a small range of 260-340. They are all very rational and, since they live in a fragile ecosystem, very protective of the environment.
They are atheist and scorn every religion that impedes progress or makes life hard. The Aqui embrace the scientific method and are great scientists/engineers/whateverers.
Other: Body tattoos are used for ranking and decoration, clothing is usually restricted to boxer shorts or that size.

ubica88
ubica88
2,188 posts
Nomad

Bump

jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

For everyone who I forgot to tell this to: I decided to remove the multi-player aspect of this game. It would make things far too complicated. As well, I create a population stat for your civilization. The weaker your species is (size being a key factor) the higher you population will be, and the stronger your species is the lower it will be. I try to make the starting average around 400. And there are no gods or magic in this game, but the most or almost all of your population will often believe there is.

Hierachy:
- King
- Council
- Wealthy Peoples
- Mid Peoples
- Poor Peoples
- Slaves
Physical Description: Silver, three horns on head. They average three feet in height.

You organise a total security force of fifty men, plus any slaves you want to send to their deaths. They begin to hunt the wolves, but aren't able to find any reason as to why the wolves are attacking. But the deer population is thriving now, since the wolves actually appear to be avoiding them in favor of Rychusiors. The strangest thing though is that it seems like the more wolves you kill the more frequent the attacks are. Apart from killing all the wolves, which would almost certainly anger the gods (there aren't any actual gods in this, but people believe there are), your the council members are stumped on what to do.

Name of Race: Drakonians
Your Location: Roughly the center of the island, beside a large lake.
Hierachy: Alpha
Omega (almost equal to Alpha)
Counsel members
Warriors
Commoners
Military: A lot of Red Warriors.
Physical Description: They don't really have a gender, but most other tribes referred to them as "he". Look kinda like dragons, but more human, they average 2M tall, musculous body and don't have wings (excepting the Alpha and Omega)
Mental Description: They are mostly calm and protective.
Population: 300
Other: They usually fight through their unique draconic arts.

Now that you no longer bother them, the wargs mostly ignore you. Your people are ill at ease though with living that close to creatures that powerful beside them, especially with the closest thing they had to competition for being the apex predator were large fish in the past. Some people believe that it would be better even to simply relocate to the oppisite side of the lake, but this of course would uproot many homes.

Hierachy:Military General,officers and solders are Dervans who rule rule over slaves-slaves are from other races
General of all armies
King Titular Title
Soldiers
Slaves
Physical Description: Humanoid about 2,5 m tall and muscular red eyes and black skin,2 horns on head
Mental Description: Xenophobic,Mad for defences and fortifications,Territorial,Sadistic
Population:300
Other: Dont care for other than their own race,Dark religion which involves sacrifacing slaves.

For centuries, there has been relative peace for your village. The demons which the Dervans pay tribute to are unhappy though, and have cursed your people by causing a plague for the large horned deer, your main food source. As a result, the number of slave sacrifaces have been greatly increased, in part to make up for the lack of deer sacrifaces and in part to apease the demons. Unfortunately though, the have been talk of rebellion among the slaves. Of course, anyone suspected of treason has had their hand cut off. And anyone who's been proven to be treasonous has been killed. This has done little to stop the rumors of rebellion, but it has lowered the amount of avaible sacrifaces you have even more.

Name of Race: Foxlins
Hierachy: 5 Elders lead the people. They themselves pick who will replace them.
Military: One big army of both genders lead by the youngest Elder.
Physical Description: Fox people. Males are 3 feet tall, females 2,5 feet tall. Often Brown fur, but sometimes they are born with red fur.
Mental Description: They are loyal to each other, but dislikes other speices. This makes them keep to themselves most of the time, but not afraid to fight.
Population: 700
Population: Staying the same.
Other: They are very religious, and worship many different gods. They believe the Elders have a special link with the gods.

Your method of catching proves semi-succesful. While you do manage to catch a few rabbits, it takes up so many hunters that you can only do three hunts at a time, with the amount up people you currently put in to this project. And what's more is that a lot of the time the rabbits escape, as most act as if they don't truly fear the first three, therefore wreaking your entire strategy. Some people are even thinking that maybe these are a form of demon-bunny, sent by the Demon of the Dogs to distract your people from hunting proper animals and worshiping the good Gods.

Name of Race: Aqui (amphibians)
Your Location: Near the coast, about 30 metres underwater
Hierarchy: Revolves around a large Board of Representatives, with a Chairman who serves as a normal Representative unless there is a stalemate, in which case its vote counts double.
Each squadron, union, corporation or other group of people has one of these groups. They are all democratically elected.
Military: Democratic structure tends not to work so well in armies, so the top brass is elected via a performance basis. Warfare isn't such a big thing, though.
Physical Description: Silver to black hides, mostly iron grey. They are about two to three metres tall with a long (3-4 metre) tail and opposable thumbs on each of their four arms. Their hide is very tough and all organs are well-packed in blubber.
They can go down to about 600 metres and are incapable of eating meat, and are mostly fireproof. They are rather slow on land, though.
IMPORTANT: they are completely androgynous and capable of asexual breeding.
Mental Description: The average IQ is around 280, with a small range of 260-340. They are all very rational and, since they live in a fragile ecosystem, very protective of the environment.
They are atheist and scorn every religion that impedes progress or makes life hard. The Aqui embrace the scientific method and are great scientists/engineers/whateverers.
Other: Body tattoos are used for ranking and decoration, clothing is usually restricted to boxer shorts or that size.

I'm going to let you change your character sheet since I didn't say how I based your population. Right now you probaly have one of the most overpowered character sheets possible for my game and I'd give you a population fo twenty for it.

dechlan1
dechlan1
1,179 posts
Nomad

(Jeray you forgot me lol) (=3)

ubica88
ubica88
2,188 posts
Nomad

General of all armies
King Titular Title
Soldiers
Slaves
Other: Dont care for other than their own race,Dark religion which involves sacrifacing slaves.

Capture some slaves and touture them to see what they know of rebelion and who is potential leader

jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

Military: Small packs of the little guys, no weapons except stuff they can throw and shells on their heads.
Physical Description: Small round furry creatures, big eyes and big mouths. Very plump and short, short stubby legs and arms, 2 fingers and 1 thumb on each hand. Sharp teeth but very stubby claws.
Mental Description: They are territorial creatures and are really smart in coordination and organisation but very dumb in common sense and or literacy skills as they have none.
*Sorry, this is my first RPG.*Name of Race: Dervans

General of all armies
King Titular Title
Soldiers
Slaves

The slaves you capture swear that they don't know anything of a rebellion besides for that all the slaves are upset at the rate that they're being sacrifaced at. They say that a slave by the name of Damjan seems like a key figure, but that this torture alone will only encourage the rebellion. Your tortures attempt to drill more infomation out of them, but they all die. But almost all talk of rebellion seems to have stopped suddenly. This may be because you scared them enough to stop this treason, or they may be just being more careful.

ubica88
ubica88
2,188 posts
Nomad

General of all armies
King Titular Title
Soldiers
Slaves

Send patrol to capture Damjan

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

Hierachy:
- King
- Council
- Wealthy Peoples
- Mid Peoples
- Poor Peoples
- Slaves

I call a meeting, where the high-ranking government officials come together to find out what to do. Either kill the wolves, or protect our civilization from them. I have my researchers research walls, or anything near to it.

jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

*Sorry, I somehow forgot you a second time.*
Your soldiers set up just within the forest. The eccentric citizens believe themselves already doomed, and as such go along with the plan. When the soldiers return, they describe it as 'a flash of fur, then blood everywhere'. The first bait died quickly, but it was almost certainly excrutaitingly painful. Your soldiers pelt it with rocks, and it seemed like your plan would fail when one pebble hit a lucky spot, and The Beast just collapsed. The soldiers quickly took the largest rock they had and used it to smash in the head, making it certain that it would never rise again. When the body is brought back, it is about a meter tall and just as furry as your people are. In fact, it appears to be a citizen of yours, if you ignore the large size difference. The only other difference is the claws which are ten centimeters long, the lean, agile body beneath the fur, and what would certainly be feroscoius teeth had you soldier not smash the head in. The defeat of The Beast puts your people at ease, but the eccentric people still believe there are more Beasts. This time they don't voice their fears, but you (the player) know all of which happens within your land.

Hierachy:Military General,officers and solders are Dervans who rule rule over slaves-slaves are from your rival race, the Agalies.
General of all armies
King Titular Title
Soldiers
Slaves

Damjan is captured, but he puts up more of a struggle than the other slaves. As well, he is bigger and seemingly smarter than the other slaves. Rumor had it that before he became a prisoner of war, and then a slave, he was an official in the Agalien army. Now you are at peace with the Agaliens, but that doesn't mean there isn't the occasional border skirmish. His pale white skin, which has a tinge of blue, is heavily bruised by the time he reached the Dervanien torture chambers.

Hierachy:
- King
- Council
- Wealthy Peoples
- Mid Peoples
- Poor Peoples
- Slaves
Population:600

They decide that a temporary solution would be to up the amount of guards patrolling the villages, but it is clear this is only a temporary solution. The wolves are becoming more and more agressive. Fortunately though, you have a breakthrough in wall building. It has taken several years, but the Rychusiors have used the the same people who brought them the teepee to bring them the stone wall. With it, you stack stones on top of each other with placing wet mud in the cracks, and sticks leaned up against it for further support. While it isn't actually very sturdy, it appears to be so. This stops wild animals from wandering into village areas (usually), and clearly marks village boundaries and where yound children should not go. This actually seems to stop the wolves, who do not enjoy running into what appears as solid stone, from entering villages. At least until the next rainstorm which knocks it down.

Showing 61-75 of 138