ForumsWEPRshark finning=bad thing

79 19071
ialwayswin
ialwayswin
777 posts
Jester

Shark finning is now allowed almost anywhere in the world,and I know what everyone is thinking..so what. Sharks actually help with our eco system by eating small plankton,people think sharks are mass murderers but really only have killed 5 people a year,elephants kill more than sharks do! lol I have a feeling no1 whould ever hear this but,save the sharks!

• 79 Replies
Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

And because they have no natural predators, they don't have a fear of being eaten by other animals.

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

Unless you threaten it(and only an idiot would do that), a shark wouldn't feel threatened by a human near the shore. And if an idiot did antagonize a shark, that is natural selection at work.

Well, take a look at humans through a Shark's eyes. We are raving monsters, wanting everything for ourselves, these monster things they call boats, polluting, trash filling oceans, killing shark's for no reason but that they are scared of the sharks... They have a reason to attack us.
Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

Well, take a look at humans through a Shark's eyes. We are raving monsters, wanting everything for ourselves, these monster things they call boats, polluting, trash filling oceans, killing shark's for no reason but that they are scared of the sharks... They have a reason to attack us.

Now you are humanizing the sharks. they don't think like that, they are not people.
flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

And because they have no natural predators, they don't have a fear of being eaten by other animals.

Actually, they have 2 predators. Disease and bigger sharks.
flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

Now you are humanizing the sharks. they don't think like that, they are not people.

Well, they still have minds, and they know what we are. I now that lions have made freind's with some of their prey before. But you approach the same lion, you're dead.

(Also, i'm pretty slow on this. )
Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

Actually, they have 2 predators. Disease and bigger sharks.

2 things:
1) When I say natural predators, I mean other animals.
2) I don't think the great white has to worry about bigger sharks(the biggest sharks live off plankton, not other sharks).
flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

Well, you still haven't answered the disease part. But you ruled out biger sharks.

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

Well, they still have minds, and they know what we are.

Yes, they can think, but animals are creatures of instinct, not thought processes. If a shark sees a school of fish, it doesn't leave because they aren't big enough. It just grabs the food in front of it.
Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

Sharks aren't humans. They don't not touch a raw fish because it might have germs. They just do what instinct tells them to do: eat it.

ialwayswin
ialwayswin
777 posts
Jester

flappy sharks don't actually kill as much as people have built up to believe. Lol vending machines probably kill more than sharks,they help this world more than anything actually...besides they were here first

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

ok well carlie i just remembered a story i heard and then saw a documentary about sharks and it puts ur only 38 people have bin killed fact in the bin basically. In 1945 the US navy ship due to deliver the atomic bomb sank after it had done so. It was a top secret mission and so when the boat sank it was 3 days b4 help arrived. The boat sank in the pacific ocean. The men formed concentric rings cos whent the sharks started coming they got the people closer to the outside so they took turns in each part of the ring. Eventually more and more people were killed. By the time they were rescued around 350 of the 1100 sailors were alive. The rest were killed by sharks. I f you think i am making this up i am not. Its a well documented event i saw it on a factual tv show about it. So i would call that a dangerous animal.

shermzx
shermzx
564 posts
Nomad

Shark finning is bad,but it is delicious,yes it's nice

but i have since quit,it's expensive anyway,

right..

just imagine ur hands getting cut off and throwned into the sea~for all fishes you once prey on slowly eating,sniping your meat off.

sounds scary?the shark fins you get from restaurant all have gone through that

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I have heard about that. But I don't see how it really relates to the topic. Sharks need to eat, and if humans are easy picking stranded in the water, then they might attack. That is nature.

MsterXantos
MsterXantos
438 posts
Nomad

never heard of shark finning before but anything that is just for one part of the animal is pointless

DivineDarkness
DivineDarkness
1,226 posts
Nomad

I have heard about that. But I don't see how it really relates to the topic. Sharks need to eat, and if humans are easy picking stranded in the water, then they might attack. That is nature.

I agree, if and most likely, they might've cut themselves on some pieces of equipment, generating blood, which sharks love?

Oh, and that artifical fin thing I was talking about in 1 or 2, I found a pic here.
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/02_02/DolphinFlipR_468x319.jpg
Showing 61-75 of 79