ForumsNews and Feedback[Official] What is a Knight?

396 191135
Ferret
Ferret
9,324 posts
Bard

'Knighthood': What is a 'Knight'? And what does 'Knighthood' mean?

'Knighthood' and the title 'Knight' is bestowed upon a user that has shown exemplary deeds and outstanding behavior as a member of the Armor Games Community. This exclusive title is only granted to those users that have earned a special place among the citizens of the Kingdom.

How do I become a Knight?

Care about the community and other users and catch the eye of moderators or admins, they are the ones who choose who is Knighted. Don't ask to be Knighted, that's a good way not to be Knighted.

What can Knights do?

-They have access to a Knight-only Forum.
-They have access to Knight-only armatars
-Special forum coloring and badge.
-Knight Gilding

I'll add more to this sticky if there are further Questions.

• 396 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Spare for the details of what they achieve, just wanna say "Called it"

Of course, to the level of how much I called it may be different between users.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Spare for the details of what they achieve, just wanna say "Called it"

Of course, to the level of how much I called it may be different between users.

What did you call related to Knighthood?
Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

I knew this was coming. Knights were made sometime ago, then it just starts getting big.

;(
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

What did you call related to Knighthood?

Spare for the details of what they achieve,
Ferret
Ferret
9,324 posts
Bard

I should warn you guys, not all the initial knights have been chosen yet, more will be going out throughout the week and then beyond... and how you react now could sway moderators one way or another.

As for the forum, it's very plain. It's not a place were we're throwing (to many) cupcakes around... So don't feel left out. Anybody that is Knighted knows they are expected to remain just as much part of the community as they ever were.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I find this recognition system interesting, to say the least.

I am curious though, is this a similar situation to merits (on a grander scale of course) or is it something completely different?

p.s. Unleashed's new armatar is awesome.

~~~Darth Caedus

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

'Knighthood' and the title 'Knight' is bestowed upon a user that has shown exemplary deeds and outstanding behavior as a member of the Armor Games Community. This exclusive title is only granted to those users that have earned a special place among the citizens of the Kingdom.

B-but I was special once... I did amazing deeds. Do you not love me, Ferret? DO YOU NOT LOVE ME?! D=

Also, Knights should have the ability to use a super secret iPhone and Android app. Might be cool ya know...
Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

-They have access to Knight-only armatars
-Special forum coloring and badge.
-Ability to participate in Project Paladin (Get our mobile games free)
-Knight Gilding (Coming soon!)

With all of this, it just feels like creating another layer of user elitism or supremacy. I mean, I understand the forum coloring and badge, but if you really want Knights to be part of the userbase, they should be equal with regular users. I think of Knighting as more of an award type of thing, but if you add all these benefits like "Knight only forums" and "Knight only armatars" well then you're going to create an unintentional divide between regular users. Yes, people should be rewarded, but not in a way that makes them seem superior to others.

Also, what's Knight Gilding?
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Also, I'm not asking to be Knighted, I just want Ferret to love me. Everything else is optional.

Love is for everyone. Love must thrive.

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

There is an issue with favoritism in regards to publicity with the awarding of this.

Without a standard model, there is nothing users can strive towards other than vague preconceptions and becoming friends with the right people.

rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

I care about the community, especially you, based Ferret, and I've gotta point out, your original post is fraught with comma splices. Do I get knighthood now?

Ferret
Ferret
9,324 posts
Bard

There is no standard model for moderation either, yet people know that is not a popularity contest. Make no mistake, it's not. This Ferret hasn't nominated any user yet for Knighthood, not that I'm unhappy with the current choices.

Stay tuned for more tomorrow.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I'm pitching in here... =)

There is an issue with favoritism in regards to publicity with the awarding of this.

Favoritism has nothing to do with this... Knighthood is a recognition-by-status type of awarding. I have older users in my friends list, but I won't be suggesting them for Knighthood. They did nothing special for the website, haven't been active for quite a while, or stood out from the crowd. If favoritism were to be in play here, I would have made sure my friends would have been Knighted first, right?

Without a standard model, there is nothing users can strive towards other than vague preconceptions and becoming friends with the right people.

We don't have to reveil the process of nomination here... knowing all the facts about the process would render the outcome of it utterly useless. And becoming friends with the right people is simply out of the question... I explained 'why' in my first answer already. =)
Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

wow that's cool.
So they also get purple font which is wicked!

~~Black~~

IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

I think it's a great thing that some users who have helped the communtiy outstandingly get some recognition in the form of Knighthood, got some great features so congrats to SSTG, UnleashedUponMankind and any others who were rewarded this rank

Showing 1-15 of 396