ForumsForum GamesCount to 100: Mods Allowed To Count

78411 46596952
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!

HOW TO PLAY

1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) makes a stopping post (post without counting) if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden makes a stopping post (post without counting) if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
NOTE: For the time being, Moderators are allowed to help Users count, so as long as the other rules are observed you do not need to restart the count if you see a mod count. However, if a Moderator makes a stopping post, i.e. a post without counting (not the same as a non-count post since they're technically different teams), it is considered an interruption and the count will restart.

CORE RULES

No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.

ADDiTiONAL RULES

No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.

COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
DiSCUSSiON THREAD
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".

END GAME

Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!

SCOREBOARD

bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
FULL SCOREBOARD

MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.

2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.

USERS - 51 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2

LAST TWO WINS

50. 100! - February 12, '24, 11 users, 52 days.
sciller45 (5)[17], HalRazor [5], saint_of_gaming [5], JimSlaps (1)[2], TheMostManlyMan (1)[14], Solas128 [3], nichodemus (2)[9], Widestsinger [5], SirLegendary (2)[22], skater_kid_who_pwns, disastermaster30 (3)[5]

51. 100! - March 17, '24, 11 users, 35 days.
JimSlaps (1)[3], sciller45 (5)[18], saint_of_gaming [6], TheMostManlyMan (1)[15], Strop, skater_kid_who_pwns [2], GhostOfMatrix [4], WidestSinger (1)[6], HalRazor [6], SirLegendary (2)[23], Solas128 [4]

• 78,411 Replies
RebelGamer_98
RebelGamer_98
347 posts
Treasurer

8. Yeah, I get slightly annoyed when new users DON'T read the rules beforehand. I think that I didn't restart the count when I got. Anyway, my family got Disney+ today. Right now, I'm watching The Simpsons. My sister and I are HUGE fans of The Simpsons. How many of you guys are also fans of The Simpsons as well?

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

9. Oh yeah! The Simpsons is my favorite cartoon
I used to watch it a lot when I was younger (even when I was kid lol), I've even got DVDs of seasons 1 - 13, and watched all of them

I also watched many episodes from the other seasons on TV. I'd say I've watched roughly half of all episodes there are maybe? or maybe even more than that XD

it's been a while I don't watch The Simpsons though (or any cartoons). Someday I'll watch the other episodes from season 14 and above

other than The Simpsons, I also watched some Futurama, Adventure Time (I used to love that cartoon) and Regular Show

Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

10. Go disney plus!! You can also watch the mandalorian and phineas and ferb.

Like now

Watch them now.

Are you doing it?

NOW!!

Lea420
Lea420
130 posts
Templar

11. I'm addicted to video games and i love it

ismael6
ismael6
108 posts
Baron

12. I regret getting addicted to them in the past....

RebelGamer_98
RebelGamer_98
347 posts
Treasurer

13. Well, isn't our love (and addiction) of video games the main reason why we're all here?

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

14. erm... I mean, how "addicted" do you have to be in order to be considered addicted?

like, I'd say you're addicted if you reach a point where you're spending so much time gaming and when you care so much about it that you literally can't do anything else. That point where your problems start piling up (e.g. your grades start dropping or something like that)

on the other hand, if you spend all (or a large chunk of) your free time playing games, but you can still do other things just fine (like, it's not hindering school, college or work), can you really say you're addicted?

I mean, in that second scenario, you'd just be spending your free time doing something you like. If you weren't playing games, you'd most likely be doing other things like watching TV or hanging out with friends or other things people do in their spare time. The point being, the games wouldn't be hindering your life in that case.

I personally spend most of my free time playing games, like, there were days I spent 10 hours playing in total, but it was on a weekend when I didn't have college assignments to work on, and also didn't have any upcoming exams or anything like that. But there were also days I had lots of things to do for college, and I just didn't play game for like, a week maybe? Until things went back to normal.

And I mean, that's how it usually goes for me (and for my best IRL friends as well).

lol, sometimes I even listen to video game music while coding a college assignment (or when studying)

Lea420
Lea420
130 posts
Templar

15. How many hours of video games a day is too much?

Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

16. 25 hours a day is too much

ismael6
ismael6
108 posts
Baron

18. Even if your school or job is going fine, the addiction can really suck and drain you mentally if you arent even enjoying your time. Also going out with friends and socializing cant be compared to just sitting in your room all alone, we all need some healthy amount of socializing.

Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

19. Neither, I'm just saying that if theoretically you managed to do that it would too much cause that's more than a day.

also I'm saying that no amount is too much

RebelGamer_98
RebelGamer_98
347 posts
Treasurer

21. I think it is easier today to lose track of time playing games due to the pandemic. I mean I haven't gone out and socialize in a while due to it (though my ASD probably does play a part). It totally isn't wise right now for me to go out anyway since my roommate just yesterday told me that she tested positive for Covid-19. I had plans this weekend to go home and get my car fixed (again!) but instead I'm staying here in my room (which, thank God, we have separate rooms), praying for her to recover, hoping that I don't have it/ won't get it, and force myself to do my homework.

ismael6
ismael6
108 posts
Baron

22. This lockdown thing made me wanna go out more too, even after things opened up. Its much more fun to change things up instead of sitting inside all day for me.

Lea420
Lea420
130 posts
Templar

23. RebelGamer_98 be safe and careful ismael6 you too . i had Covid-19 its awful .

ismael6
ismael6
108 posts
Baron

25. I wouldnt call it a 'good thing', Im not sure if theres a high risk of reinfection or if it will be less bad the second time.

Showing 75361-75375 of 78411