ForumsForum GamesCount to 100: Mods Allowed To Count

78414 46611762
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!

HOW TO PLAY

1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) makes a stopping post (post without counting) if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden makes a stopping post (post without counting) if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
NOTE: For the time being, Moderators are allowed to help Users count, so as long as the other rules are observed you do not need to restart the count if you see a mod count. However, if a Moderator makes a stopping post, i.e. a post without counting (not the same as a non-count post since they're technically different teams), it is considered an interruption and the count will restart.

CORE RULES

No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.

ADDiTiONAL RULES

No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.

COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
DiSCUSSiON THREAD
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".

END GAME

Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!

SCOREBOARD

bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
FULL SCOREBOARD

MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.

2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.

USERS - 51 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2

LAST TWO WINS

50. 100! - February 12, '24, 11 users, 52 days.
sciller45 (5)[17], HalRazor [5], saint_of_gaming [5], JimSlaps (1)[2], TheMostManlyMan (1)[14], Solas128 [3], nichodemus (2)[9], Widestsinger [5], SirLegendary (2)[22], skater_kid_who_pwns, disastermaster30 (3)[5]

51. 100! - March 17, '24, 11 users, 35 days.
JimSlaps (1)[3], sciller45 (5)[18], saint_of_gaming [6], TheMostManlyMan (1)[15], Strop, skater_kid_who_pwns [2], GhostOfMatrix [4], WidestSinger (1)[6], HalRazor [6], SirLegendary (2)[23], Solas128 [4]

• 78,414 Replies
Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

16. You weren't supposed to take the 'you could just post gibberish' thing seriously

Lea420
Lea420
130 posts
Templar

17. what is your favorite movie ? mine is ben-hur 1959

Hunter902
Hunter902
243 posts
Scribe

18. @Yellowcat I guess it's better than not posting anything but the number, eh?
@Lea420 favorite movie... meh I don't watch enough things in general, I think the last movie I watched was in 2017-2018 and it was Fraggle Rock on VCR with my youngest siblings. XD

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

1. Hi, hello! Hope you're all doing well, or as well as can be ^^

I want to address this point now, because I don't want to have to invalidate the count later because of it, if it ever reaches 100. The point is, please do mind the 'no-spamming' rule. Here it is again:

"Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count."

As a help to our users (in moderation in general, but also relevant here) we've always said that a post should consist of at least a seven-word sentence. It's an unofficial rule of thumb of course, smaller posts are usually no problem. Still, even smaller posts should ideally be a reply or sentence that either makes sense in the context of the discussion or on its own right.

@Hunter902 I'm not a dog (or cat) expert but I wouldn't be surprised if dogs had specific ways to communicate with humans, too. When you form a bond with a cat or dog you've had for a little while, you start learning each other's cues and emotions, body language and calls.

Animals have many ways to communicate. Body language is of course important when meeting another animal up close. Odour on the other hand is often used to communicate without directly meeting another animal, like marking your territory with your scent so that others know this place is occupied even when you're not nearby; in many animal species, odour also tells a male when a female is ready for mating. I'm not 100% certain but I'm pretty sure a wolf might even smell in a prey's odour if it's ill/diseased (and therefore easier to hunt).
Sound cues are very important for many different situations. A mother often recognizes her offspring thanks to its voice, even in the midst of thousands of others (e.g. in bird colonies). Meerkats have different alarm calls for different types of threats. Many animals communicate over long distances thanks to their calls, like an elephant's infrasound call that can travel many kilometres. And some, like whales, can have a complex modulated language.
And there are more ways an animal may communicate, like touching or even dancing

Lea420
Lea420
130 posts
Templar

2. We will never reach 100

RebelGamer_98
RebelGamer_98
347 posts
Treasurer

1. Whoops, don't forget to not count with the mods! (This is a very common mistake so I don't blame you.) Also, don't be negative! I am sure that we'll reach CT100 if we stay positive and adhere to the rules. It's tough but darn it if the payoff for the quest (the first time) and/or the merit isn't sweet. Maybe it'll take another 50 days (the last count took 50 days, 6 hours and 5 minutes, and is apparently the longest CT100 duration on the website so far) or maybe longer but we'll reach 100 again! 😊

Lea420
Lea420
130 posts
Templar

2. sorry my bad my bad my bad

Hunter902
Hunter902
243 posts
Scribe

3. @Lea420 don't worry about it, it is something most of us have done already in the past, so it's bound to happen.
Wow I didn't even realize that (about the 50 days) and the m * d s allowed that to go on without breaking the count, interesting, very interesting.

ismael6
ismael6
108 posts
Baron

4. As a kid playing kingdom rush I had way more dedication and didnt give up after failing, I wonder if fortnite teaches kids that too!

Lea420
Lea420
130 posts
Templar

5 . i have more than 20 years of gaming experience and i have to say ... fortnite is awful

ismael6
ismael6
108 posts
Baron

7. Im moreso concerned with what the games teach the kids, with all these micro transactions where u can skip certain things in video games or get cool items. I feel like theyre making them believe everything is so easy with mommy's credit card.

RebelGamer_98
RebelGamer_98
347 posts
Treasurer

8. True, I hate games that have micro-transactions for pay-to-win items. I mean that's just super greedy! (In my opinion, micro-transactions should only be for purely cosmetic items.) That's why I like older games where you get the WHOLE game, not blocked off due to an important item missing and the company expects you to cough off more money for it.

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

9. Yes. I personally hate microtransactions. I'm ok with paying to buy a nice, good and complete game, I can kinda accept a game having DLCs (to a certain extent), and I would buy DLC if it was a REALLY good game, but I just really dislike microtransactions.

But yeah, Ismael, KR is a really good game. The 3rd Kingdom Rush (Origins) has an "Impossible" difficulty level, and man... that one is really hard! Beating the extra levels on Impossible really requires solid strategy and dedication (I'm slowly working my way through these ones)

Writing this comment has reminded me of when I was a kid, and played Crash Bandicoot's games (mostly Twinsanity, Nitro Kart and The Wrath of Cortex). Most Crash games are pretty hard, and dude... I remember trying and failing some levels over and over and over again lol XD

Other (newer) games I've recently found that also require dedication are Hollow Knight, Ori (mostly if you're going for all the achievements) and Celeste.

I sometimes feel like I have a slightly odd taste for games lol, like, I don't really feel hyped about most mainstream games, but I'm pretty hyped about some lesser-known ones like "Hollow Knight: Silksong" and the fact "Kingdom Rush Vengeance" being ported to PC

Hunter902
Hunter902
243 posts
Scribe

10. I haven't played Hollow Knight or Ori, but those are both on my "To Play" List and after seeing some gameplay of Celeste, I think I'm gonna add that too.

Lea420
Lea420
130 posts
Templar

12. what is your favorite Sitcom ? mine is It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Showing 75391-75405 of 78414