Forums

ForumsFlash Games

Gemcraft CS: important links

Posted Aug 5, '14 at 4:18am

thunderrider

thunderrider

622 posts

You should add the "Gem better than 32-spec" thread here, because it contains info and alternative different methods for a base mana gem and some good discussion.

Posted Aug 7, '14 at 11:42am

Erile

Erile

271 posts

callmeishmael, that guide you posted has lots of errors about levels on it.  The guide may have useful tips, but what levels you accomplish things at in the guide are totally wrong.  The person who posted it (at level 3000) probably completely forgot when things happen in the game.  There's no way you are getting grade 12 gems or finishing the entire game at level 30.

Posted Aug 13, '14 at 12:04am

thunderrider

thunderrider

622 posts

Offtopic get out.

Posted Aug 15, '14 at 6:17pm

Erile

Erile

271 posts

That was an odd, nonsensical post. (?)

Posted Aug 15, '14 at 6:21pm

Astroshak

Astroshak

223 posts

Thunderrider's "offtopic, get out" was NOT directed at you, Erile.  There was some other, offtopic post made, and Thunder was telling that person to get out of the thread.  And someone has since removed that post.  So, don't worry about it.

Posted Aug 15, '14 at 8:50pm

Erile

Erile

271 posts

Ok, that makes more sense.  :)

That's incidentally a great example of why normally you don't reply, you just report. :)

Posted Aug 16, '14 at 2:29pm

chronicbman

chronicbman

1 post

This is a great game and hope to get far in it thanx to these threads.

Posted Aug 27, '14 at 6:56pm

digideus

digideus

1 post

I have to say that from my point of view (a new player to CS) that the Low Level guide is mostly a guide to angering.  It doesnt specifically lead new players through the game.  It spends a couple of lines talking about gems available, but it doesnt tell you what you need to do to be able to complete other levels. I think a low level guide needs to be more tailored to new players and give specifics to keep players interested.  I'm currently level 23 and i'm stuck progressing on the harder maps (which I get with all gemcraft games and then have to go look for guides to suggest best gem types and strategies to get further)

Can someone do a guide for new players or at least point people to one that is useful instead of talking about stuff that is fairly meaningless to anyone except a hardcore Gemcraft player?

Posted Aug 28, '14 at 8:32am

jdguy99

jdguy99

27 posts

Hi digideus,

the reason for the guide's talking about angering is that is the key to getting through higher levels.  You have to go back to redo the levels you have completed, using battle traits and or angering the waves in order to get more experience and thus higher levels.  The game is designed that you cant just work your way through from level to level in a "linear" fashion for lack of a better word.  So read the guides about angering, and then go back and do some of those levels you have done already to boost your wizard level, then try those harder maps.  This in turn will let you access the other gem types and open up the strategy and discussion about gem types and how to combine them for different maps.  Most guides lean towards premium players who have bought the wizards pouch, but the general concepts will apply for those who have havent.  I have "beaten" the game both with and without the pouch, and while its easier with, my basic strategy works with both.

Posted Aug 28, '14 at 8:54am

jdguy99

jdguy99

27 posts

I wrote this some time ago.  I think overall its still might be helpful, esp if you are new to the GC series. 

http://armorgames.com/community/thread/12324211/gemcraft-cs-low-level-guide-wl-0-100

My only comment in hind sight, is i talk about just angering with Grade 1 gems.  i would say now that once you get up to 4 or 5 grade 1s, you could upgrade to a grade 3, and only bomb one or two. See how comfortable you are with it.

Reply to Gemcraft CS: important links

You must be logged in to post a reply!