ForumsWEPRCursing/Language

84 15246
pc123
pc123
145 posts
Shepherd

Whats up with all those ppl Cursing and whatnot, I peasonoly hate it when ppl start cursing at me, or using very bad language at me. Peasonoly, if my friend start cursing, i start to think twice about having them as a friend. What do you think about Cursing or not Cursing?

• 84 Replies
woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

I dont think its that bad rele. People should have the right to say what they want unless its racist or something like that. I mean if epople want to swear they can but i suppose there is a time and a place to do so. But it wouldnt bother me. I dont see why you would go as far as disowning friends because of swearing.

Mac_MK
Mac_MK
752 posts
Nomad

No one can tell you not to swear its your life you choose what to do, everyone will learn how to swear in their life its nothing to hide

th3pr3tz3l
th3pr3tz3l
189 posts
Nomad

I believe having words that are taboo. We made the word so we could say it. I prefer the geroge carlin approach. Say them as often as possible, until they have no meaning. This will hepl you realize how idiotic it was that you avoided saying them before.

pc123
pc123
145 posts
Shepherd

I'm saying that if my friends start cussing at me I'm going to ignore them and think 2's about having them as a friend.
you see i base my friendship on respect and if i don't get that from the ppl i hag out with, why hag out with um? thatâs my answer to your question

EL_Dyablo_666
EL_Dyablo_666
579 posts
Nomad

I think cursing is bad too, also in AG, there's this guy that named killerthreesix and he was a very bad cusser, he said bad words to everyone, including the mods and admins.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

I beleive that cussing is rude and shows immaturity. I do not see cussing so much as a sin. To cuss when nothing is wrong or when the time does not permit is wrong. It bugs me to hear people cuss during everyday conversation or when they are having fun. It is just plain rude. They have no reason to cuss.

However, sometimes the time is right to cuss (or more right than others, still best to hold your tongue). Many radicals learn how to cuss in a mature manner, still rude, but they cuss in a way were you still hold their respect (unless they are cussing at/about you). At times of war, anger, pain, and trouble, cussing becomes no more than a valve to let out negative feelings... mainly anger. To cuss is to say the very worse that you can, which any terrible event can block out the sin of cussing, as long as you cuss apropriately. No matter what your situation, if you cuss to the wrong people or at the wrong time, it can and probally will start even more trouble.

It is always best not to cuss at all, the following are rules to cussing in a mature manner (still not as mature as holding you tongue as I stated before, but if you must cuss or you are trying to stop, let the following be guidelines to less destructive cussing):
*Cuss seldomly and maturely. The less often you cuss, the more powerful the meaning of the word.
*Cuss appropriately, if you are mad at the government then dont start cussing out your friends.
*Cuss to no one but those who you are sure wont mind the course language, and to those who are the roots of your anger (though sometimes it is best to avoid this, since cussing can cause conflict.)
*Cuss only to show your own emotions. Do not cuss to make someone mad. When you cuss you want people to think "wow he is going through a tough time" and not "wow hes rude."

I am not saying cussing is alright, I am not saying it is bad. No matter who you are it at least shows your matureity level. What I just talked about are my beleifs about cussing and my morals to cussing and when/how to cuss. To some people, even what I said is wrong. I will not argue against them for they are probally right.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Also, I should probally note that if you are ever having troubles in life, make sure you do not cuss in an inapropriate way. This means that if life has got you down, ArmorGames is not the place to cuss, nor is any other online site.

I am not encouraging people to cuss, just encouraging people who do cuss to cuss more apropriately. If you don't cuss, stay that way. Do not judge people to harshly who do cuss unless they do so non stop and for their own amusement.

Eyes
Eyes
139 posts
Blacksmith

Heh, I had a friend who had an interesting philosophy when it came to swearing. He said that he didn't care if people curse, but that he doesn't curse very often, unless it is funny. I like this because with everything, there is a time and a place.

On a personal level, I am sort of confused about why cursing, of all things, is considered "bad". I can just as easily be mean, insult, or disrespect someone without swearing. I see some people get upset that people curse and not give a darn when people are just plain mean or disrespectful. I think in some instances cursing has been demonized so much that people forget what is really important.

Disclaimer: Yes I curse :P ...like a sailor...a really well mannered sailor that knows when to hold his tongue.

jeffwak906
jeffwak906
237 posts
Shepherd

I would just never cuss at all. It is inappropriate for AG, since we have some young members, such as people who are at the age 8. I never cuss, as it is immature, and just shows that you are immature. I would just never do it, it's the only right thing to do.

SpartanWarrior3
SpartanWarrior3
175 posts
Nomad

I cuss, everyone cusses unless they are bible thumpers.. Get over it, if you base friendship on the way people talk it's time to take the stick out of your ass...

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Cussing shows immaturity. Anybody can cuss, and morons usualy spend more time cussing than making good arguments. That is why you do not want to cuss more than once per arguement, better yet, at all. People who don't cuss when other people probally would, show a rank of level headedness. Those who can speak without cussing, especaily if they can speak well, show a high level of intelligence.

Each time you cuss, you sound stupid because stupid people cuss often. If you have ever watched Ron "TaterSalad" White and his best arguement for debates, you can easily see how people do that in real life. They can't think of a way to counter an argument so they just cuss instead. So when you cuss, you just sound like another moron.

If you cuss once in an arguement, you show you are seriouse and willing to show that you are a bit crazy and willing to do a lot to win the arguement (or not afraid to speak your mind). One of John Lennon's songs was one of the first songs played on radeo to have the F word in it. When listening to that song (which I feel should be left unmentioned), many people can agree that he uses the F word twice, and in a mature level headed way.

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,680 posts
Nomad

bad language is just rounded around hipocracy. i mean people tell you not to use them but then soon after words they call you a son of a bitch

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

who does cussing hurt exactly? I think people should save their self control for when it actually matters.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

I would just never cuss at all. It is inappropriate for AG, since we have some young members, such as people who are at the age 8. I never cuss, as it is immature, and just shows that you are immature. I would just never do it, it's the only right thing to do.

AG is not the place to cuss, Armorgames is not responsible for whatever happens to you that makes you cuss. This being said, ArmorGame members are not the people to cuss to.

Most of the time cussing is innapropriate, but sometimes you will hear someone cuss in a mature way. Then there are times when people fall into great depression. Then if they cuss, as long as they do so around people who don't mind, it is only a valve to let out anger.

This is a bit of a radical example, but in war people cuss a lot. They learn to cuss in ways not even the most gangsta of gangstas could imagine. In Vietnem, if you were always down because people cussed, then you are in for a realy big awakening. Life can be so cruel that levels of sin stop existing. In Vietnam, people would take the body of an enemie they killed, shake his hand, throw some food on his lap, talk to him, jokewith him, and leave his body sittign against a tree were they just acted liek the dead body was their "guest of honor".

Cussing is nothing more than a small character flaw. There are much worse things than cussing. Sometimes it is easier to live with it than to withdraw yourself from everybody who cusses. Cussing does not hurt anybody but yourself. Like smoking, if you choose to cuss, then its your choice for looking like a moron. The only time I judge people who cuss a lot is when they cuss every other word and are happy about it.
daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

It is inappropriate for AG, since we have some young members, such as people who are at the age 8

ha trust me the 8 year olds cuss more than some of the middle and highschool guys where i live
Showing 16-30 of 84