ForumsWEPRCursing/Language

84 15243
pc123
pc123
145 posts
Shepherd

Whats up with all those ppl Cursing and whatnot, I peasonoly hate it when ppl start cursing at me, or using very bad language at me. Peasonoly, if my friend start cursing, i start to think twice about having them as a friend. What do you think about Cursing or not Cursing?

• 84 Replies
bobert
bobert
176 posts
Nomad

I think some people think they need to cuss in order to get thier point across. Others think its "cool" and "rebelious". I cuss, but only when I'mmad because it can seem to help let off some steam.

StarScreamer
StarScreamer
608 posts
Shepherd

I don't see anything wrong with cursing. It is a way of life. It's just another word in my opinion. But I still watch my mouth around people that I know don't agree with me and things. I don't see why cuss words are so bad.

thaggard53
thaggard53
808 posts
Nomad

i don't care if people swear or not, as long as they aren't using swear words to hurt other people's feelings, or make fun of them, like calling someone a fag. I hate that.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Yeah as said in the first page of posts about it being related to most things sexual, i think that society has taking cursing to an extreme level in such a personal way. it wont stop tho. it's too cliche.

Pegasus
Pegasus
106 posts
Nomad

Cursing is just a way to let out anger. I personally think that it is wrong and people shouldn't do it but it is up to the person saying it. If they want to be somebody who nobody wants to be around, then that is a problem he/she will have to live with.

Zerlock1124
Zerlock1124
93 posts
Nomad

There's really no need for the foul language. If you feel the need to have to say a swear word, then say it out of earshot or bite your tongue.

morbid_giggle
morbid_giggle
137 posts
Nomad

I dont really think its a big deal unless its directed at somebody in a bad way.
i dont mind people cursing around me, but i wouldnt like it if they were cursing about me :-P

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

dont matter to me my freind joke around and say (bad words) but whats so bad about them i say them only if im really mad but i try not to say them to people that would take them offensively

xXxTetimaruxXx
xXxTetimaruxXx
418 posts
Nomad

Who invented cursing in the first place? Think about that.

ThsTorturedSoul
ThsTorturedSoul
26 posts
Nomad

Eh, they're just words.

Who ever made a word so that you couldn't say it was ridiculously stupid. Almost all curse words are just words that express extreme emotion or can be used to express extreme emotion. Saying, "F--- you!" expresses anger, just as "You A--hole!". Both of these could be changed to say something less offensive, like, "Screw you!", but people still use these other phrases to show that they are pissed off or angry more than just a little.

MrMonkey3
MrMonkey3
495 posts
Nomad

Personally i dont think cursing doesnt solve anything, if anything it just makes you sound stupid. I've heard people cursing and it doesnt even make sense how is that gunna solve anything?

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

Personally i dont think cursing doesnt solve anything,

Double negative, that sentence is saying "cursing solves anything." lol
MsterXantos
MsterXantos
438 posts
Nomad

cursing helps releive anger at others instead of taking physical action

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

truthfully cursing online just is getting rediculous, because people will curse at you just to get on your nerves.Especially preteens 10-12 year olds that is.Another thing is that a curse word is any word that someone uses that you find innapropriate.In the 50's the word "nerd" used to be considered a curse word.My point is some people may not see some of these words as innapropriate, another reason is because they think it makes them look cool or something.The final reason is because they are mad for whatever reason.I have a friend that uses them for all of the above reasons.Trust me, he sounds Dick Cheney when he's(dick cheney that is not my friend)is drunk or something.Now that I think about it I'm not ever going going quill hunting with any of my friends....ever.I got really off topic there, but I like to make a couple jokes here, and there just for fun.

KHROME
KHROME
618 posts
Nomad

So many people are starting to curse online.

Showing 46-60 of 84