ForumsSupport ForumThe mod test

90 16772
alejandro_
alejandro_
50 posts
Nomad

hm. What if mods were picked throw lke a simulation of having to stop spammers. woould that be a better way thanthe traditional hand-picking mods? just wondering.

• 90 Replies
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

You mean like a game?

jalex12
jalex12
195 posts
Nomad

hm. What if mods were picked throw lke a simulation of having to stop spammers. woould that be a better way thanthe traditional hand-picking mods? just wondering.
You said throw did u mean through?

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

You said throw did u mean through?

I think he meant 'through'.

As for the idea, well I don't think it needs to be like that. I can see someone easily getting past all of these 'simulation' scenarios someway somehow.
Unless you mean like a RP or something, where they have a couple people pretend to be spammers, and whoever they are testing has to stop them...I don't really think they need to go that 'extreme' right?
I'm not sure, this idea and whole mod-picking-simulator would need a lot more thought and planning I think.
alejandro_
alejandro_
50 posts
Nomad

You mean like a game?
well not exactly like a game

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

It's like a test to see if they are ready to become a mod.

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

This wouldn't be very good. Some people would just take the test over and over again, trying to beat the test and become a mod.

xXxTetimaruxXx
xXxTetimaruxXx
418 posts
Nomad

@Agent_86 There could be a requirement to take the test.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

The test is doiong good on ArmorGames. The reward is becoming a mod. Anyone could be a mod, but being responsible like a mod when you are not even trying is the test.

bobert
bobert
176 posts
Nomad

I think the idea would have to work in cooperation with other thngs, such as admin. Admin would choose say 4 people that they think could be mods and have them all take the test and see which one handles it best.

xXxTetimaruxXx
xXxTetimaruxXx
418 posts
Nomad

@bobert That would be kind of unfair

bobert
bobert
176 posts
Nomad

Ya I se wat u mean... Making the test fair would be kind of hard too.

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

@bobert, to be honest, I am sure anyone with good common sense can handle spammers. Stopping spam is just one thing that it takes to be a mod. You also have to be an intelligent poster on the forums, and being friendly couldn't hurt.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Im not a mod but I can tell you they sort of already do that. Instead of picking 4 people to test, they would pick 4 people to keep an eye out on and watch what they do within ArmorGames. I know this because there is no other possible way to pick a mod other than making random people mods.

Why have a simulated test when you can test people with the real thing? Why have simulation spam for people to fix than just let them fix the spam that is already there.

Calm
Calm
908 posts
Herald

Well, I know some very, very intelligent hackers who would pass the kind of test you describe brilliantly, but just imagine what would happen if they were awarded our powers... AG would be wrecked...
I don't think you can evaluate the personality of someone through a test. The positive aspect of hand picking is that you get to know the other person quite accurately!

xXxTetimaruxXx
xXxTetimaruxXx
418 posts
Nomad

And I do suppose there are hackers on this website...

Showing 1-15 of 90