ForumsSupport ForumThe mod test

90 16779
alejandro_
alejandro_
50 posts
Nomad

hm. What if mods were picked throw lke a simulation of having to stop spammers. woould that be a better way thanthe traditional hand-picking mods? just wondering.

• 90 Replies
d0m1nated14
d0m1nated14
718 posts
Farmer

I think they should just stay hand-picked. Its better that a person chooses instead.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Ok guys... I'm gonna bring you in on a little secret here. This is what we actually do to pick moderators:

We have this big wheel, kind of like on Wheel of Fortune. Each little slice of the wheel has a users name on it. Then, the current mods all get together in this little warehouse, and we play. Whoever gets the winning amount of points, gets to do the final spin on the wheel. Whoever it lasts on, gets to become the next moderator. It seems to have worked out really well for us so far, but flying us all out to the warehouse to play is really starting to drain the Armor Games budget.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

The public users on AG have already made big deals of making certain users mods that later proved themselves unworthy. If the public had their choice of mods AG would be ruined.

Please, if you know any of the &quotopular ideas of who should have been mods (acording to general users)" then please keep the names to yourself.

Calm
Calm
908 posts
Herald

It seems to have worked out really well for us so far, but flying us all out to the warehouse to play is really starting to drain the Armor Games budget.

Yeah, true... Well, I'll swim next time if you want
xXxTetimaruxXx
xXxTetimaruxXx
418 posts
Nomad

We have this big wheel, kind of like on Wheel of Fortune. Each little slice of the wheel has a users name on it. Then, the current mods all get together in this little warehouse, and we play. Whoever gets the winning amount of points, gets to do the final spin on the wheel. Whoever it lasts on, gets to become the next moderator. It seems to have worked out really well for us so far, but flying us all out to the warehouse to play is really starting to drain the Armor Games budget.

Um, uh, sure...I'll be sure to believe you on this one...um, um, so where exactly is the warehouse? On mars or something?
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Well, those plane flights from France are pretty expensive... but we just can't do it without every member of the team there.

xXxTetimaruxXx
xXxTetimaruxXx
418 posts
Nomad

Let's see, how many members of the teams are there? 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6,...

Pegasus
Pegasus
106 posts
Nomad

I think that the system ArmorGames has already is a test. They pick the ones that can stop spammers, have good everything and that is kind of like a game. You have to be good to win the game and the reward at the end could be becoming a moderator. But I still think it is good the way it is.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I think that the system ArmorGames has already is a test. They pick the ones that can stop spammers, have good everything and that is kind of like a game. You have to be good to win the game and the reward at the end could be becoming a moderator. But I still think it is good the way it is.

Yea... that and the Wheel of Moderation!
Pegasus
Pegasus
106 posts
Nomad

The Wheel of Moderation? Is that something you use to pick the next Moderator, you just have a wheel, spin it, and what ever name is under the arrow, is the next Moderator? Please do explain!

xXxTetimaruxXx
xXxTetimaruxXx
418 posts
Nomad

Nah, te exploding dynamite of spammers, I think that sounds better

-On Topic-
Yeah, I do agree.

xXxTetimaruxXx
xXxTetimaruxXx
418 posts
Nomad

@Pegasus Yup, that's how it works

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Check page 2, Pegasus ;-)

xXxTetimaruxXx
xXxTetimaruxXx
418 posts
Nomad

@Carlie Why a warehouse?

Pegasus
Pegasus
106 posts
Nomad

Oh, sorry. I didn't look at that page. My bad, but wait, you just but random screen names on it and if luck happens to land on...xXxTetimaruxXx, then he would become a Moderator?

Showing 16-30 of 90