ForumsNews and Feedback[Official] Town Meeting: Point System

107 41508
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Hear ye, hear ye!

This is a town meeting about a new feature the Armor Games Team is discussing. We're asking for feedback from the loyal denizens of Armoria. Here are some basic rules of a "Town Meeting" thread.

- Be kind to the ideas of others.
- Try to make your feedback/idea clear, concise, and amazing.
- If you agree with another user's idea, quote the idea with a +1 to show that you like it.
- Mods/Admins can update the list as often as needed.

Topic of this Town Meeting: Armor Games Point System

Historically Armor Points or "AP" were a central part of the AG.com experience. Quests have taken their place, allowing users to earn Quests and compete on a leader-board. The Team has begun implementing the next phase of this: a points system that is based upon Quests that players earn. Currently this system has no name, but here is the basics...

Users will continue to earn Quests, but now Quests will be given point values based on how difficult they are to complete. Points will be counted up, and presented on a leader-board that will replace the current Quest count board. Certain point levels may unlock certain site features, this is yet undecided. Quests are currently the only way to get points that we've discussed.

Some questions to consider...

What would make you want to earn points?

What are some things these points could unlock on the website?

What would make this the greatest points system ever?

We love and value your feedback. But we also reserve the right to make the final decision on any features we launch. That being said, I'll be passing on the most popular ideas to the team.

~

General Ideas:

- Points Leader-boards on the side of the homepage. +2
- Point system should be unlimited, not limited. (Note, this means at any one time there is no limit to the amount of points earned, as opposed to a closed system where there is a maximum amount) +3
- Point system should retain the legacy name "Armor Points." +2
- Create a spendable point system, allowing people to purchase unlocks as with currency. +2
- Spendable Point System & Infinite Points will cause spam / bad idea. +4
- The system should be crafted so new users are able to reach the top.

Gaining Point Ideas:

- Gaining Points through Merits. +11
- Gaining Points through posting on the forums. +6
- Points for Comments/Posts may be abused. +4
- Some sort of website mini game like the AFD Coinerator to accrue points.
- Gain points (or Armatar?) for completing sets of Quests. +2
- Separate point systems for different aspects of the site. +1
- Give points for reviews. +1

Point Unlocks Ideas:

- Points unlocking exclusive Armatars. +7
- Points ranked-based system (Serf, Prince, etc...). +10
-- Ranks displayed next to names in forums. +4
-- Combining unlocked Armatars with current ranks. +2
-- Display badge to show what rank you are. +2
- Exclusive Forum unlocked after so many points. +1
- Allow users to unlock uploading their own Armatar +1
- Access to Beta Testing games. +1
- Unlock of premium content in some games. +1

• 107 Replies
weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

It would appear the design is geared for accumulation which is perfect for a rank system, personally I like the idea of spendable points. Customization on a personal level. For example, if a user was in a clan that sported the colors red and green in their favorite MMO game, they could spend points and get those color motif for their profile page. That particular user might not be interested in rank or forums but still would try to get the necessary points to support their clans. Purchasing armatars vs unlocking them etc. etc.

As it is now...
- Points unlocking exclusive Armatars. +1
- Points ranked-based system (Serf, Prince, etc...). +1
- Ranks displayed next to names in forums. +1
- Gaining Points through Merits. +1
- Points Leader-boards on the side of the homepage.+1
- Point system should be unlimited, not limited.+1
- Point system should retain the legacy name "Armor Points."+1

Tho it seems strangely familiar to the older systems that have apparently failed for whatever reason. I would also like to suggest website mini game's where you could spend or gain points similar to the AFD Coinerator.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Thanks for the ideas @weirdlike. The main post should be updated before this point.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

- Create a spendable point system, allowing people to purchase unlocks as with currency.

@Ferret

I would like to second that.

+1

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

How about some sort of badge or something to let people know what rank you are in compared to everyone else

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

- Exclusive Forum unlocked after so many points.
- Access to Beta Testing games.

@Ferret, if these two ideas were implemented wouldn't that make the AFG+ kind of obsolete, except for the fact that it gets rid of ads?
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

@xXxDAPRO89xXx: The exclusive forum for a high score could be separate from the premium forum, but I would rather not have points unlock a forum because that would reduce the activity of good users in the main forums.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

What Patrick said here:

To begin, I would use the following point system:

Easy Quest: 10 points
Medium Quest: 20 points
Hard Quest: 30 points
Merit: 15 points
Forum Post: 1 point

+1
to the quests having different difficulty quests having different point values. I like the merits having points, but not sure about forum posts having points.

I always like the idea of obtaining more points for completing sets of quests.
The thought is every time you complete all the quests for one game you get an additional 5 points (or some amount thereof). Also, Armor Games could implement specific sets of quests that also give more points when completed. Something like:
Zombie Quest Challenge (50 points):
Complete all the medium quests for Dead Zed 2, Zombotron 2: Time Machine, and Decision 2.

There's a theme to the quest set and an additional point reward for completing all of those quests in the set.

I don't think it was me for the moving-window rank system idea. It might be @MrDayCee or @UnleashedUponMankind
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Yes, yes, yes. A combined score to show gaming and social stuff would be good. +1

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@xXxDAPRO89xXx It's a fair point, there may be ways to do it that may not cheapen the AFG+ experience though.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@Reton8 Sorry! I was sure it was you. I like the set ideas, actually an idea I've been floating around was unlocking a special armatar with the unlock of a Quest set.

Things should be updated from here up.

riku_ullman
riku_ullman
1,148 posts
Farmer

I got an idea: what if you get "coins" that you can use in games? what I mean: basically, getting 3 points will get you an coin. coins are used in: beta testing only available using coins (AFG+ has to pay coins too, but only half the amount, knights also only need to pay half amount, knight and AFG+ has to pay 1/4 coins, and mods can do for free). you can also buy coins (but not points) and coins cannot be bought with an free offer. purchase amounts: $1 = 100 coins, $5 = 510 coins, $25= 2650 coins, $50= 5525 coins, $100= 12125 coins. things to buy with coins: beta test, new functions for chat (such as upside-down, changing colors, and large/tall/long letters), bragging rights (yep.), create posts (pay coins to make new topics in forums), AFG+ for 1 day (can only be bought ten times), design your own armatar mode unlock (must be bought after all point unlock armatars unlocked), top-right flashiness badge (pay coins to make everyone know you are flashy with an flashy badge), change text color/guild around armatar (must be knight to purchase), and that's all I can think of. might add more ideas soon. also, make it so there is an coin badge on the top right of the armatar (bronze coin badge= 10 coins, silver coin badge= 50 coins, gold coin badge= 250 coins, platinum coin badge= 1000 coins, black coin badge= 2500 coins, blue coin badge= 10000 coins. put this on the top right of the armatar, the rank on the bottom left, special on bottom left (AFG+, knight, mod, admin), and the flashiness badge on the top right. getting some sort of each badge (special and flashiness) with an gold coin badge and gold night rank? for bonus points.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

I like @riku_ullman 's idea of a spendable point system, since it gives more meaning to points beside bragging rights and unlockables. Here is a possible list of potential items that you could purchase with points:
-Ad free gaming
-Exclusive forum access(again, sorry)

Also...
___________________________________________________________________________________

- Points unlocking exclusive Armatars. +5

I shall second that. +1 Unless I already have seconded this idea.

-- Display badge to show what rank you are.

This is an idea purely for bragging rights, but I also like this idea. +1

riku_ullman
riku_ullman
1,148 posts
Farmer

oh, and make the random game thing an unlockable.

Napol
Napol
21 posts
Jester

+1 for spendable points system idea.

What are some things these points could unlock on the website?

If you make the points spendable I would like to save them for Amazon gift vouchers, Steam wallet money etc. things like these. Well you didn't say I have to be realistic so I am just throwing out my ideas. :P

riku_ullman
riku_ullman
1,148 posts
Farmer

Oh! just thought of another idea:
make the points for gaming and points for friendliness different.
gaming points, friendliness points, hero points, awesome gamer points, epic gamer points, oh, clans maybe, and costumes. awesome gamer points: at the end of an month, you will earn an awesome gamer point if you earn at least 1000 points that month. epic gamer points: if you are one of the top 100 gamers to earn most points, you would be put in an tournament against each other to see who can last the longest. when everyone in the top 100 is on, an random minigame will appear on the screen. the last person to complete the minigame is out. and reapeat. the last 10 people to remain will be given an epic gamer point. friendliness points: earning 100 friendliness points will get you an merit worth no friendliness points. to earn an hero point, you must become an day hero, week hero, or an month hero. becoming an all-time hero will not get you any hero points. costumes: you can use costumes as decorations around your armatar. these costumes can be unlocked using coins/getting AP/getting an hero point/getting awesome gamer points/getting epic gamer points. I am really exited about costumes.

Showing 16-30 of 107