ForumsNews and Feedback[Official] Town Meeting: Point System

107 41501
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Hear ye, hear ye!

This is a town meeting about a new feature the Armor Games Team is discussing. We're asking for feedback from the loyal denizens of Armoria. Here are some basic rules of a "Town Meeting" thread.

- Be kind to the ideas of others.
- Try to make your feedback/idea clear, concise, and amazing.
- If you agree with another user's idea, quote the idea with a +1 to show that you like it.
- Mods/Admins can update the list as often as needed.

Topic of this Town Meeting: Armor Games Point System

Historically Armor Points or "AP" were a central part of the AG.com experience. Quests have taken their place, allowing users to earn Quests and compete on a leader-board. The Team has begun implementing the next phase of this: a points system that is based upon Quests that players earn. Currently this system has no name, but here is the basics...

Users will continue to earn Quests, but now Quests will be given point values based on how difficult they are to complete. Points will be counted up, and presented on a leader-board that will replace the current Quest count board. Certain point levels may unlock certain site features, this is yet undecided. Quests are currently the only way to get points that we've discussed.

Some questions to consider...

What would make you want to earn points?

What are some things these points could unlock on the website?

What would make this the greatest points system ever?

We love and value your feedback. But we also reserve the right to make the final decision on any features we launch. That being said, I'll be passing on the most popular ideas to the team.

~

General Ideas:

- Points Leader-boards on the side of the homepage. +2
- Point system should be unlimited, not limited. (Note, this means at any one time there is no limit to the amount of points earned, as opposed to a closed system where there is a maximum amount) +3
- Point system should retain the legacy name "Armor Points." +2
- Create a spendable point system, allowing people to purchase unlocks as with currency. +2
- Spendable Point System & Infinite Points will cause spam / bad idea. +4
- The system should be crafted so new users are able to reach the top.

Gaining Point Ideas:

- Gaining Points through Merits. +11
- Gaining Points through posting on the forums. +6
- Points for Comments/Posts may be abused. +4
- Some sort of website mini game like the AFD Coinerator to accrue points.
- Gain points (or Armatar?) for completing sets of Quests. +2
- Separate point systems for different aspects of the site. +1
- Give points for reviews. +1

Point Unlocks Ideas:

- Points unlocking exclusive Armatars. +7
- Points ranked-based system (Serf, Prince, etc...). +10
-- Ranks displayed next to names in forums. +4
-- Combining unlocked Armatars with current ranks. +2
-- Display badge to show what rank you are. +2
- Exclusive Forum unlocked after so many points. +1
- Allow users to unlock uploading their own Armatar +1
- Access to Beta Testing games. +1
- Unlock of premium content in some games. +1

• 107 Replies
Napol
Napol
21 posts
Jester

[quote]what the heck are you thinking Napol? getting money for playing games? ugh.[quote]

Actually there ARE gaming sites where you can win prizes like amazon gift vouchers, but I can't give any links that would be against the rules of the site I guess.

Napol
Napol
21 posts
Jester

I tried to edit my post but couldn't manage to quote properly... quoting works a bit different here I guess?

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

@Napol
Here's how you quote properly.
(quote)insert text here(/quote)

Just replace the parentheses () with brackets [].

Napol
Napol
21 posts
Jester

Thanks a lot apldeap123 I used up my edits so I will try with this post :P

Here's how you quote properly.
(quote)insert text here(/quote)

Just replace the parentheses () with brackets [].

haha it worked! thank you!

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

@Napol

No problem!

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Let's keep it friendly here folks. Alright, all updated!

riku_ullman
riku_ullman
1,148 posts
Farmer

are these features going to be added to AG2 or AG3?

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

@riku_ullman: Armor Games is already in the process of updating to AG3. The new point system is just another step in that process.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,779 posts
Chamberlain

I think it's worth mentioning that it would be a very bad idea to have the spendable point system and infinite points as that would cause spam, the likes of which we have never seen.

~Manly

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I think it's worth mentioning that it would be a very bad idea to have the spendable point system and infinite points as that would cause spam, the likes of which we have never seen.

+1 that points should not be spendable if posts will score points.

As for infinite points, awarding them for quests only would create an upper limit that increases every time a quest is added, so a cap on points can't last forever.
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I always like the idea of obtaining more points for completing sets of quests.

+1

that points should not be spendable if posts will score points.

+1, spendable points just sound like a bad idea in my opinion.
Gladiator246
Gladiator246
363 posts
Scribe

that points should not be spendable if posts will score points.

+1

I think that only the quests and posts completed/posted after the system is implemented should be given points.And...

Some ideas on point values:

Forum posts:2 points

Easy quest:10 points

Medium quest:20 points

Hard quest:30 points

The quests should be classified correctly to make the system correct.Some hard quests like Reach The City in Ghostly Journey and Death Race in Road Of The Dead 2 have been classified as easy and medium respectively but is hard.

Also why not give points for comments in games too?

What would make you want to earn points?

I would first earn points for name and fame.But if you guys add something like armatars or access to certain forums after a certain amount of points have been obtained,many will be aspiring to earn many points.

No spendable points because that can be easily hacked and Is not as fun as non-spendable points.

Ranking system is a great idea.I don't have any more organised ideas and opinions.This Official Town Meeting thing is also very professional and fun.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,779 posts
Chamberlain

Also why not give points for comments in games too?

Because way back in the days of the original Armor Points that would cause mass spam. That was just when points were nothing but a badge of honor plus armatars, if you had spendable points and comments gave you points then the old days of comment spamming would seem calm and under control. That's why only forum posts have been proposed to give out points but not comments, because the forums need extra activity and spam would be easier to weed out of the forums.

Even without spendable points, points for comments would likely be a bit of a mess.

~Manly
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Plus 1 to all the ideas under General Idea, as well as anything related to the old AG points system. So yay to Merits, Forum ranks, ranking systems, unlockable Armatars. Give people something to shoot for other than the Hero Board.

Also, I feel that more points should be accrued to game related Quests, as well as Merits, since people do put in effort for them, especially if it was for constructive game feedback.

Gladiator246
Gladiator246
363 posts
Scribe

Even without spendable points, points for comments would likely be a bit of a mess.

Alright.
Also, I feel that more points should be accrued to game related Quests, as well as Merits, since people do put in effort for them, especially if it was for constructive game feedback.

+1 great idea

Merits should be given around 25 points.

Showing 31-45 of 107