ForumsNews and Feedback[Official] Town Meeting: Point System

107 41492
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Hear ye, hear ye!

This is a town meeting about a new feature the Armor Games Team is discussing. We're asking for feedback from the loyal denizens of Armoria. Here are some basic rules of a "Town Meeting" thread.

- Be kind to the ideas of others.
- Try to make your feedback/idea clear, concise, and amazing.
- If you agree with another user's idea, quote the idea with a +1 to show that you like it.
- Mods/Admins can update the list as often as needed.

Topic of this Town Meeting: Armor Games Point System

Historically Armor Points or "AP" were a central part of the AG.com experience. Quests have taken their place, allowing users to earn Quests and compete on a leader-board. The Team has begun implementing the next phase of this: a points system that is based upon Quests that players earn. Currently this system has no name, but here is the basics...

Users will continue to earn Quests, but now Quests will be given point values based on how difficult they are to complete. Points will be counted up, and presented on a leader-board that will replace the current Quest count board. Certain point levels may unlock certain site features, this is yet undecided. Quests are currently the only way to get points that we've discussed.

Some questions to consider...

What would make you want to earn points?

What are some things these points could unlock on the website?

What would make this the greatest points system ever?

We love and value your feedback. But we also reserve the right to make the final decision on any features we launch. That being said, I'll be passing on the most popular ideas to the team.

~

General Ideas:

- Points Leader-boards on the side of the homepage. +2
- Point system should be unlimited, not limited. (Note, this means at any one time there is no limit to the amount of points earned, as opposed to a closed system where there is a maximum amount) +3
- Point system should retain the legacy name "Armor Points." +2
- Create a spendable point system, allowing people to purchase unlocks as with currency. +2
- Spendable Point System & Infinite Points will cause spam / bad idea. +4
- The system should be crafted so new users are able to reach the top.

Gaining Point Ideas:

- Gaining Points through Merits. +11
- Gaining Points through posting on the forums. +6
- Points for Comments/Posts may be abused. +4
- Some sort of website mini game like the AFD Coinerator to accrue points.
- Gain points (or Armatar?) for completing sets of Quests. +2
- Separate point systems for different aspects of the site. +1
- Give points for reviews. +1

Point Unlocks Ideas:

- Points unlocking exclusive Armatars. +7
- Points ranked-based system (Serf, Prince, etc...). +10
-- Ranks displayed next to names in forums. +4
-- Combining unlocked Armatars with current ranks. +2
-- Display badge to show what rank you are. +2
- Exclusive Forum unlocked after so many points. +1
- Allow users to unlock uploading their own Armatar +1
- Access to Beta Testing games. +1
- Unlock of premium content in some games. +1

• 107 Replies
JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

there were also ranks based on points before that could be seen on the forums (Serf, Knight, etc etc). That should also be considered as well, maybe even bringing back the whole thing.

+1(Quite like this one.)

Well, if I may suggest that we return the Armor Points name to this new system?
+1

Have merits and forum posts count as points
+1

Ranks displayed next to names in forums.
+1 (Quite like this one.)

Point system should be unlimited, not limited.
+1

a spendable point system
-1(Can I do a negative one? I dislike the idea of spendable points as it cheapens everything it touches, AG+, flash games with purchases, etc.)
I think it's worth mentioning that it would be a very bad idea to have the spendable point system and infinite points as that would cause spam, the likes of which we have never seen.
He sees the problem!
Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

Forum posts:2 points

Easy quest:10 points

Medium quest:20 points

Hard quest:30 points

If I completed every quest there is as of now and had the post count I do now, my points would look like this:

2180 from easy quests.
5020 from medium quests.
5610 from hard quests.
8336 from forum posts.

I see pros and cons in the prospective point values I've quoted, but I'm too neutral a person to see this as something that would give me an opinion on it one way or another.
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Just to be clear Ferret: In this new system would comments and games rated still be worth points? I don't think that's been discussed that much.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

In this new system would comments and games rated still be worth points?

I think the original idea was to award points for quests only, so no. Also, I would rather not award points for comments and ratings since those would encourage spam without increasing forum activity.
JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Just to be clear Ferret: In this new system would comments and games rated still be worth points? I don't think that's been discussed that much.
I believe this was talked about, I know I mentioned it in my post a page back @xXxDAPRO89xXx
Crushmaster
Crushmaster
48 posts
Farmer

I'll +1 all of these...

- Points Leader-boards on the side of the homepage.
- Point system should be unlimited, not limited.
- Point system should retain the legacy name "Armor Points."
- Gaining Points through Merits.
- Gaining Points through posting on the forums.
- Points unlocking exclusive Armatars.
- Points ranked-based system (Serf, Prince, etc...).
-- Ranks displayed next to names in forums.
- Access to Beta Testing games.

Any chance that getting a certain number of points would allow us to upload custom avatars? :-P

I can see the reason behind comments/games rated/posts not being awarded with points, though. I never spam any of the above, obviously, but a lot of people do. However, it would be nice for those of us who put genuine effort into such getting rewarded for doing so.

Some great points (;-) made about game comments being less likely to be substantial than forum posts, and probably more difficult to monitor. And rating games would indeed be SUPER easy to farm. Especially if the points are spendable. Sure, cracking down on such abusers would weed out bad users, but it could also be more work than it's worth. Perhaps, if spendable points are a good idea, they themselves would be a high unlock. Just thinking out loud.

What about introducing "reviews" of games that would award points? They'd have to be substantial. Perhaps approved-only. Might be too much of a hassle, but it's an idea.

Sorry, not much to suggest. X-P Hope this helps at least a little.
apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

-- Combining unlocked Armatars with current ranks.
-- Display badge to show what rank you are.
- Exclusive Forum unlocked after so many points.
- Access to Beta Testing games.
- Unlock of premium content in some games.

+1 to all of these, unless I have already seconded or created these ideas.
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Updated.

riku_ullman
riku_ullman
1,148 posts
Farmer

who are the alpha/beta testers of AG3?

riku_ullman
riku_ullman
1,148 posts
Farmer

oh, I think mods/admins could give others coins and friendliness points for posting good forum posts/game comments, but not for any posts. also add secret quests that are easy are worth the amount of rewards for 2 hard quests. secret quests that are medium are worth 2 EXTREME quests. secret quests that are hard are worth 10 EXTREME quests. secret quests that are EXTREME are worth 50 EXTREME quests. ideas for secret quests: break from games (easy): AFK in a game for 3 minutes. welcome !(medium): visit the site after not doing anything on the site for 2 weeks. "different games" (easy): hang out in form games for 15 minutes without AFK'ing. (moving the mouse cursor at least once every 20 seconds, and click or type something every 1 minute.) playing a lot of games at once(medium): have 4 armor games tabs open each with a different game (forum games do not count). counting streak! (EXTREME): successfully count to 100 3 times in a row. [b i url img quote](EXTREME because doing this alone or anything similar like posting it with a "this is for a secret quest" is called image spam.): use all basic BB codes (ones you have from the beginning, not ones you have to buy with coins) at once, with 2 links: one that is a bold italic link that says "BB codes" and another one that is a picture link that leads to a google search that says "BB codes". cheater (COMPLETLEY IMPOSSIBBLE)(hardest quest on site, worth 200 EXTREME quests.): how did you do this? wow. you really completed all hidden quests on the site? you can read my mind o: do not tell anyone else that you completed this quest, even your parents.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
also, make it so other players cannot see hidden quests, and to friend another player they need to friend you as well. they will receive a notification that you want to be friended when you friend request them. also friends can see your hidden quest icons, but not the information about the quest.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

who are the alpha/beta testers of AG3?

There was a beta version of AG3 a while back. I'm pretty sure it was open to everyone (I don't really remember anything except that I used it) and that everyone could use it.

oh, I think mods/admins could give others coins and friendliness points for posting good forum posts/game comments, but not for any posts

Isn't this basically the same premise as merits?

Also, about your "hidden quests"... I don't think giving people extra quests for doing random stuff is really a good idea. Then more people will lose interest in the actual game quests.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Hidden Quests won't be hidden quests for long, unless they're randomised for everyone.

Crushmaster
Crushmaster
48 posts
Farmer

We will get points for the quests that we already have when this is implemented, right?

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

We will get points for the quests that we already have when this is implemented, right?

The other way doesn't make sense.
Crushmaster
Crushmaster
48 posts
Farmer

The other way doesn't make sense.

Yeah, you're right. Stupid question, I guess. X-P
Showing 46-60 of 107