ForumsThe TavernSo this is the tavern...

3488 665828
joshua_setyantoro
joshua_setyantoro
12 posts
Scribe

Can I order beer here?

• 3,488 Replies
Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

Well, shoot. If that's the case...

*places down the Ace of Dust showing a beserker*

Next, I resurrect everything that I've sacrificed with this next card.

*places down the Book of the Dead which splits into all the cards that I've sacrificed*

And finally, I enforce Evolution onto my current monsters!

*places down Gene Rewrite which evolves my monsters*

I now introduce you to the Jack of Wolves - Dire Werewolf, Ace of Scales - Lizardman Chief, and King of Dust - Grand Sandworm! The One Above All can't evolve since it's pretty much perfect.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Thanks. This was most helpful

You see, you should have wondered why I did not activate my 'Infernal Abyss of Annihilation' combo. It curses all dead cards, placing them in my graveyard. Or the End of An Era, since it ends the era of dominance of a specific type of cards. I could have chosen to end the era of dominance for Dust and give severe disadvantages to that type of cards. But I didn't

That's because I have one final trump card. I am pushing these combos into max power.
*Plays the card 'Apocalyptic*
The Apocalyptic End of an Era does not just enforce disadvantages for one type of card, it destroys them completely. And for this game I choose Scales. All the Scales in the game are down for the count
*Chryos' 3 of scales and Ace of Scales as well as mamimbo's Jack and Queen of scales are destroyed*
While the Infernal Abyss of Apocalyptic Annihilation does not just bring those over to my graveyard, it resurrects them as undead!

*maimbo's Jack of Scales becomes Jack of Skulls and comes at my field, a card showing Jack Skellington*
*mamibo's Queen of Scales becomes Queen of Skulls and comes at my field, a card showing Tim Burton's Corpse Bride*
*Chryos' Ace of Scales becomes a second Ace of Skulls for me and 3 of Scales (because he brought it back after sacrificing it) becomes a 3 of Skulls over in my side, showing 3 skeletons fighting*

The best part of this is, that I've only played 1 card. I can play more
*Plays a card full of gibberish showing a zombie dropping a limb and 3 other zombies fighting for it, then moves the Steamroller to one of my Aces of Skulls*
*Rolls the dice, scoring a 6, and sacrificing the 2 of skulls to bring forth the White Queen, to act as protection for my apocalyptic combos*

Endgame, my friends. Card placement is over now xD Accept your fate.

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

Just a minor note: My 3 of Scales evolved into the Ace of Scales. Not that it matters for your actions though. Just that you have one less card on your field.

But still, well played. *slow clap*

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Oh. well, still I think I did well with that card. I owe it all to stealing your end of an era though xD

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Hand of Fate.

*places one card depicting a claw grasping an empty hourglass with the legend "The three cards of highest power currently in play are destroyed, all decks are reshuffled, and the top card of each player's deck is immediately played by the next player in order. Can only be played on first move."*
*Moon God, Queen of Skulls, and The One Above All vanish*

*shuffles and draws card, placing it in maimbo's field; it depicts a towering withered tree*
You play Spire of Eternal Sorrows.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

well, the problem is, Fish, that you did not join early enough, we are almost beyond card placement. Enough rounds have already been played. -_- Not sure if you can join now. But maybe mamibo knows, he started the game

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

*continues drinking whiskey*

Care for some whiskey? I still have three bottles left.

mamibo
mamibo
686 posts
Scribe

@FishPreferred Sorry, bro, you can join the game at any moment ECXEPT the final round, because you cannot place cards during that. Moreover, if you had read the rules you would have known that combos like the Cursed Zigghurat of Atropos cannot be separated - they are bound by seals, such as my Duke of Hell.
The One Above All is resistant to magic, moreover.
So please undo that move. You will be welcome to join the next game, though.

Yeah, gimme some whisky Cryo.

Okay, my FINAL move.
*I turn my Fortress Wall - Duke of Hell around once again, revealing a different picture: an insanely grinning man in fancy armor.*

*The zigghurat radiates darkness.*

The time has come, Astareth, accept my sacrifice!

*produces the Blue-Eyed-Arab and stabs both Banshee Queens. The holes remaining in the cards are dark and deep. Black ****roaches start crawling out of them, climbing onto the zigghurat and eventually covering it from top to bottom.*

*Takes the ruined banshees back and sheathes the dagger.*

I have no more actions to perform in the game.

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

*passes a bottle to mamibo*

I should mention that The One Above All can cast Judgement every two turns. Only the strong survives Judgement but they're usually left pretty weak.

*everyone's cards and objects suddenly gets struck by lightning*

Also, I have the Ace of Dust and the Jack of Wolves activate their abilities: Call of the Wild and Demon Fangs respectively. The first calls for bodyguards whilst the latter increases it's attack at the cost of me being unable to dictate who it attacks.

*fives figures of barbarians appear on the Ace of Dust whilst the Jack of Wolves begins to glow a crimson red*

Now I activate King of Dust's ability: Nullification. All combos and special effects will no longer work until it is destroyed. This affects the enemy only.

Finally, I combine Vicious Hand with Gene Rewrite and Mark of Death to create The Hand of the Master! Abandon all hope and hope you don't get downgraded or destroyed.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Except my White Queen protects my combos. Until it is taken out, my combos stay, which means every scale card you place down is destroyed and brought over to my field. As for the judgement, I don't even have a card beneath Jack, so pretty much every card of mine survives

Also, I have all my cards activate their abilities too.
The 2 Aces of Skulls activate 'Air Raid', Raiding enemy targets and disabling them for the next turn. Since the millions of roaches coming out of mamibo's cards are not valid targets, I choose Chryos' Ace of Dust and Jack of Wolves. The cards are locked out of play until the next round.

The Jack of Skulls activates the 'Nightmare before Christmas'. Creates a mirage that boosts the defensive strength of my white queen (which is normally worth 10 points), by 5.

The Queen of Skulls activates 'Corpse Marriage'. The Queen bonds with a single enemy card, forcing it to target her. I choose The Blue Eyed Arab for this

The 2 of skulls activates 'Lowly Swordplay'. The horde of skellies attacks mamibo's side with swords.

The Atom Zombie activates 'Rad-field'. The entire area is swamped with Radiation. The heat causes intense damage to living organisms.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

FishPreferred Sorry, bro, you can join the game at any moment ECXEPT the final round, because you cannot place cards during that.
Right, so entering in the penultimate round with an automatic draw effect is entirely legitimate.

Moreover, if you had read the rules you would have known that combos like the Cursed Zigghurat of Atropos cannot be separated - they are bound by seals, such as my Duke of Hell.
Yup. And none of them are plane-anchored to the field, which is bad news for your zigghurat.

The One Above All is resistant to magic, moreover.
In which case, it isn't immune to magic-induced annihilation.

But okay ...
*withdraws both cards, but leaves a placeholder, which is just a piece of plain cardstock with " placeholder" written in sharpie on one side*
I suppose I'll take a whiskey too, since I'm technically a participant now.
mamibo
mamibo
686 posts
Scribe

*the ****roaches die from radiation and I cannot protect them due to combo disable*
*the skellies attack the Zigghurat and take it down*
*the duke of hell changes expression to panic fear, bursts in flames and vanishes*
*my last hope, the Blue Eyed Arab is forced to stab the Queen of Skulls*
I loose!
Good game!
Let's see who wins now.

*I gather all my cards, trinkets and chess pieces and pack them back up*
*Watches the game curiously, leaning back with his whiskey and pipe*

Right, so entering in the penultimate round with an automatic draw effect is entirely legitimate.

The last move of that round had been made, so it was technically the next round already.
Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

I'll activate the Hand of the Master's ability: Forced Downgrade! All your cards' ability have now been forcibly downgraded by *rolls a 10 sided die and gets 7* 70%!

I now have the One Above All attack your White Queen! After all, it appears that is what holds your combo together.

*drinks whiskey*

Rather unfortunate but your radiation attack did destroy my Ace of Dusts' bodyguards and my Jack of Wolves. However, Hand of the Master and The One Above All are mostly resistant to your radiation.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

So if the abilities are downgraded, that means the White Queen is no longer boosted by 5 but by 0.3*5 = 1.5 so she has a defense of 12 instead of 15. I think she still survives your initial One Above All attack Though you will have to clarify, I don't know the attack power of the One Above All. It also means your cards could have used that advantage to attack me, now that they are no longer above 50% stunned by my Aces' air raids. I don't know why you didn't though...

But that card is becoming a nuisance. I'll have to address that.
Right, due to radiation, your Jack of Wolves (which is the only living organism) is severely damaged Dusts are unaffected though.

*Ace of Skulls attacks King of Dust and destroys it*
Ace of Skulls attacks your Hand Master combo, by targeting the Vicious Hand card, damaging it*
*Queen of Skulls takes apart your Hand Master Combo by destroying the Vicious Hand. Mark of Death and Genetic Rewrite are still into play though.*

Good White Queen's defense is back up

*Atom Zombie finishes off injured Jack of Wolves*
*Jack of Skulls attacks The One Above All, damaging it*
*2 of Skulls attacks the One Above All, damaging it*
This card is tough. Doesn't mean I cannot kill it though xD

And though I am done adding more cards to the field, I can still add more chess pieces until I run out of them (so far I am left with 2 rooks, 2 knights, 1 pawn, the king, the queen which is into play, and 2 bishops. Knowing that rooks need a roll of 5 each, bishops and knights a roll of 3 and each pawn a roll of 1, I will need to be lucky with the die)

*rolls die, gets 4*
Oh well. *Summons White Knight* Bit of extra protection for the combo

Your move xD

mamibo
mamibo
686 posts
Scribe

Wow, that move!
I aint had such good P'phnart opponents since the dawn of the Third Dynasty!
I know my mistake, actually: I skimped on debuff protection. This is what killed me.

*puff*
*gulp*

I'm loving this place!

Showing 2881-2895 of 3488