ForumsThe TavernWhat's Your Random Superpower?

685 226267
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

You know what's cool? Superpowers. What person wouldn't want superpowers? There's so many out there to choose from. There's flying, super strength, shooting lasers, etc. The list goes on forever.

However sometimes the people in fictional stories don't always get to choose their powers. I'm pretty sure Peter Parker didn't choose to get bitten by a radioactive spider.

So I've found this Superpower wiki to add some realism into the thread. This wiki contains thousands of powers. Some insanely powerful and those that are extremely useless.

What I want you to do is click the 'random page' link and then that's the power or powers you get. You can do this as many times as you want to get a combination of powers or just a single power.

For me, I'll keep it simple for now and do three.

Airwave Manipulation
Suicide Inducement
Warping Presence

Wow, that second one is going to be fun.

• 685 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Miracle Manipulation

I control miracles. This is actually really good, I can make it so good things happen to me and those around me. Sweet!

Periodic Table Powers

I control all of the elements of the periodic table. This power definitely has multiple uses. Especially if there's someone I need to fight I can just cut off their air supply.

Gel Manipulation

I can control gel. It's definitely weaker than my other two but still useful.

I can manipulate miracles, elements of the periodic table, and gel. First time all of my powers were mainly about manipulation, and they're all pretty good.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

(Is it just me, or have the powers I've been getting lately been decidedly super-villainous?)

Oh I don't know

1. Addictive Contentment
2. Madness Aspect Manifestation
3, Hatred Inducement

...maybe xD

I got:

New Year Entity Physiology
Whoah. Is this even a power? I only get some form of time manipulation from this and I suppose it is for new year's only. Semi-useless power, aside from eating chocolate all the time

Ring Empowerment
I gain more strength by rings and their energies. Another low tier power

Whip Generation
Low tier powers FTW (my luck is failing! I must press on! I MUST GET MORE OP POWERS!)

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Omnipotence Embodiment

Uhhh wow. This is literally the first thing I got. Incase it's not obvious, I embody Omnipotence. Honestly I don't know what the difference is between Omnipotence and Omnipotence Embodiment, but it's obvious that I should probably not go for anymore powers this time.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

@R2D21999 the difference seems to be that Omnipotence is not your power, it is you. So it cannot be affected easily by 'Power Manipulation' class powers the way I see it

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Considering Omnipotence is to be without weakness, I'd imagine both wouldn't be affected by power manipulations.

Also I'd like to point out that in Omnipotence one of it's abilities is Omnipotence Embodiment. I swear this wiki will never make anything clear.

Altrivotzck
Altrivotzck
71 posts
Nomad

Clicked 'random page' 3 times and landed upon these powers:

Cosmic Radiation Evolution Maniplation
Not sure if this would be useful without spatial transportation of some sort and/or a variation of immortality. Also not sure about list of other things involving this, including: how evolution truly works, what limitations the evolution induced has, wether or not I have/will have the knowledge needed for it, and to what degree I can specify the evolution.

Nephokinetic Cloning
Probably would only be good for confusion and/or suffocation, and I'm not sure how it would work with the Cosmic Radiation Evolution Manipulation.

Mental Powers
Does coming upon this page instead of a power page mean that I can have most/all of the powers listed therein?

Altrivotzck
Altrivotzck
71 posts
Nomad

Regarding powers, such as Divine Sight, I have a multitude of questions, like: Does it depend on what gods exist in the same universe as the user? or wether or not it matters what the god is looking at at the moment of usage. BTW I think this thread was generally a good idea.

Altrivotzck
Altrivotzck
71 posts
Nomad

Just for the fun of it, I rolled another set:

Esoteric Lightning Manipulation
(Esoteric lightning means lightning that strikes from a thunder-cloud, right?) I wonder if I would have to be struck by lightning for it to have an effect, or at-least have an energetic cloud nearby.

Forest Physiology
So, I can be a forest? Maybe it also allows the user to control/become/possess the forest residents, since the forest is generally the ecosystem, not just the trees and plants; That would be cool.

Psionic Combat
So I can physically become lightning-enhanced/charged.

These powers work good together, in stark contrast to the random ones before. With them I think I can become a forest that can use trees as antennas to gather lightning charge, feed as a regular forest would, become/posses forest-based creatures (such as white-tailed deer, bunny wabbits, wolves, and brown bears) and charge the plants/trees/creatures with lightning-based physical power.

Pretty territorial (and cool/useful) if you ask me.

Altrivotzck
Altrivotzck
71 posts
Nomad

Wait, apparently, "Esoteric Lightning" does not mean "lightning from thunderclouds"... oops.

Altrivotzck
Altrivotzck
71 posts
Nomad

Wait, I just wanted to put this one here real quick because... why not?

U R Now Jelly

Altrivotzck
Altrivotzck
71 posts
Nomad

I really liked the idea and wanted to try it once more, ending up with this...

Fairy-Dragon Physiology

Elemental Spike Projection

Succubus Physiology

(Elemental) Spike-projecting Succubus Fairy-Dragon... yeah.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Peak Human Reflexes

This means I can dodge things with ease. Apparently I can also dodge gunfire and anyone with super speed. Ooooh, I like.

Fairy Dust Manipulation

I can control fairy dust. Think of my dust powers kind of like Tinkerbell's, except a bit more thorough. Apparently I can also use earth attacks with fairy dust. Not too bad.

Heat Attacks

Just as it says, I can use heat as various attacks. An ok power. Unfortunately I don't get immunity from my own powers so that's a problem.

So my human reflexes are peaked, I can manipulate fairy dust and attack with heat. An ok set.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Infectious Energy Manipulation
This includes poison generation and manipulation along with diseases. This type of energy attacks the body like an infestation. I may also have poisonous claws or fangs. Finally, the lasting damage delivered nullifies the healing factor of my enemies. So cool!

Temporal Phase Manipulation
This is complicated. Apparently I can change the temporal phase of anything (duh, but what does that mean?). Apparently, anything affected is rendered intangible and possibly invisible, while appearing to have some sort of precognitive ability if its temporal phase is moved forwards in time...I know that's not perfectly understandable, but it's something...

Water Attacks
So many applications...I can actually destroy stuff with this.

Finally a satisfying build Poison Energy manipulation is great! And the other two are not so bad themselves xD

Altrivotzck
Altrivotzck
71 posts
Nomad

(By the way, is it "bad etiquette" to post more than 1 consecutive reply? and how so?) (also, is "succubus" possibly considered sexual/lewd?)

Today's powers:

Defunct Physiology
So I have no natural physical weaknesses; I wonder how this would work with the other powers & how I would be effected by non-physical attacks. I also wonder how well this would work against
offensive intuition powers.

Reactive Adaptation
So I have the ability to gain an instant counter-power against threats; I wonder how this would work with the other powers and against offensive intuition powers.

War Empowerment
So I get stronger near war, I wonder how large the scale of a battle would need to be to be considered "war".

I am almost immune to anything, have an ability to counteract anything I am not immune to, and become stronger from war. Pretty good.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

@Altrivotzck I tried to tell you in the 'Slap the Above User with Anything' thread but @ summoning failed so hard Yes, it is generally considered bad because of the intensity of such posting behavior. Use the 'Edit' function if you have something to add. As for succubus, no, not really. If you stumble upon Succubus physiology in the superpower wiki, feel free to post it.

Showing 271-285 of 685