ForumsThe TavernWhat's Your Random Superpower?

685 226323
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

You know what's cool? Superpowers. What person wouldn't want superpowers? There's so many out there to choose from. There's flying, super strength, shooting lasers, etc. The list goes on forever.

However sometimes the people in fictional stories don't always get to choose their powers. I'm pretty sure Peter Parker didn't choose to get bitten by a radioactive spider.

So I've found this Superpower wiki to add some realism into the thread. This wiki contains thousands of powers. Some insanely powerful and those that are extremely useless.

What I want you to do is click the 'random page' link and then that's the power or powers you get. You can do this as many times as you want to get a combination of powers or just a single power.

For me, I'll keep it simple for now and do three.

Airwave Manipulation
Suicide Inducement
Warping Presence

Wow, that second one is going to be fun.

• 685 Replies
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Pure Heart

I possess a pure heart devoid of evil and darkness. I am immune to evil and can purify others of it.

Canyon Creation

I can create canyons. Yay.

Sonoportation

I can move around as a sound wave and reform somewhere else.

I have a pure heart, can create canyons and teleport via sound. Too bad my pure heart prevents me from buzzing around you as sound all day.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Dagger Proficiency
Self Explanatory but I suppose it has its uses

Atomic Manipulation
I got a similar power a while ago, the self-subatomic Manipulation. Well this one's better because it's not just about me (even if my level of control only goes as far as the atoms this time). I can manipulate Elements and the fundamental forces of our world (Electromagnetism, Gravity, Strong and Weak Nuclear Force), I can manipulate positrons and electrons and, by extension, the ability to affect those particles also means I can manipulate Nuclear Explosions Finally, I also possess a regenerative healing factor. Great upper tier power again xD

Mindscape Materialization
This is such a cool power ^^ I can make a world that only exists in my mind, a reality. With enough imagination, I could create any amazing or even irrational world in my mind and materialize it. Of course it's not that useful for combat unless I am fighting in one of these worlds, but my god, is this amazing...

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Heart Stopping

Just as the name suggests, I can stop people's hearts with just a touch. A simple yet extremely useful power.

Omnipresental Attack

I can attack anybody no matter where they're located. I wonder if this works with my heart stopping power...

Dry Season Manipulation

Dry season manipulation... it doesn't seem very useful but one of the applications is weather manipulation. Although I wouldn't think a power about dry seasons would control the weather in general.

Actually after looking over the applications of Dry Season Manipulation, it doesn't seem to be useless actually. Ozone generation allows me to create poisonous gasses and dehydration can let me dehydrate objects and organisms.

So I can stop hearts, hit anyone anywhere, and manipulate dry seasons.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

^ The heart stopping and omnipresental attack really is a good combination.

Just one for now:

Nature Aura
I can surround myself in an aura of nature and in this state, can be almost untouchable. I can hide in nature, use it to regenerate, or use it in combat.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Neodynium Manipulation
The power to manipulate that specific metal. I can detect it, I can create constructs out of it, I can use it to fly or surf through objects. Decent Low-to-mid tier power

Hobgoblin Physiology
...-_-

Ultimate Vision
Finally an upper tier. Was worried today xD The power to have all vision based abilities. Aside from the ultimate versions of scanning powers and chrono vision and the like, I also possess all types of Optic blasts (freeze, fire, laser, radioactive, even wind and lightning) and the Evil Eye, the power to cause harm, like curse other beings or inflict massive pain on them, or even kill them just by gazing them.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Instant Transmission
Also called blinking. As long as I have some sort of energy at my disposal (a very basic requirement) and probably also some knowledge of the place, I can instantly teleport there. This means that in a fight, I don't even need amazing legwork; I can just surprise my opponent by blinking behind, strike, blink around, strike, etc.

Breath Powers
This is really a whole category of superpowers, with a huge list of variations. Though that means I can potentially learn more than one breath power, amassing huge power over time. Also, one of the known users is Gandalf ^^
Now that I think of it, this is a bit like the Thu'um in Skyrim! Shouting and Breathing powers both rely on innate power and forcibly exhaling air to create an effect. Yes, I like that very much

Hyperkinetic Exertion
I can exert more kinetic force than humanly possible. That includes sending people flying across the room with a mere touch, or unleashing earthquakes by stomping.

I can blink around, possess various breath powers and exert superhuman kinetic force on everything. I'm far from uber tier powers and the like, but well nested in the upper category, at least as far as wreaking havoc around me is concerned.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Shocking

This is a pretty shocking power. Haha. Laugh at my joke!

Parachronal Cognition

If I were given a choice between two things: I can look at the future and the alternate timelines to see what happens when I choose one object, the other object, and not choosing anything. Actually pretty useful.

Illusion Physiology

I am an illusion. Not bad.

I'm an illusion who can shock and read all timelines.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

I can make souls.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

DNA Manipulation
I can induce mutations on others, manipulate any power that is based on DNA, replicate DNA or disintegrate it. I missed a pretty nice upper-tier power xD

Fnatassy embodiment
I can trap people into their own fantasies, manipulate reality based on a story or create mythical worlds. Even manipulating the imagination of others is into my capabilities. Pretty good, but kinda useless, so I'd say this is a usable low tier power thanks to the trapping abilities.

Healing Wave Emission
Well, Low-to-mid tier power and not that usable given that I will probably not have any allies around me when I fight But still, nice to heal whenever one can xD

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Solar Energy Manipulation
I can generate and manipulate solar energies; use them to attack, to create weapons or even constructs, manipulate heat and light, and absorb those energies for more power or potentially to heal myself.

Violence Inducement
Like a god of war, I can induce violence into others, potentially to the point of causing an all-out war. Although it seems counter-intuitive, this can also be helpful in a duel; making my opponent sufficiently mad with violence, he'll forget anything about safety, technique and tactics, which I can use to my advantage.

Gluttony Manipulation
I can mess with your emotions and increase, negate or absorb energy from your gluttony. I can even create constructs out of gluttony. America, here I come!

Synopsis:
I am like aspects of Ares and Helios combined, plus gluttony. With two powers allowing the creation of constructs, I can make my own little army; I can motivate it by making them violent; and my solar energy powers are a force to be reckoned with on their own.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Heat Breath

Just like it says, I can exhale heat and use it as an attack.

Life-Force Attacks

I can attack with my own life-force. Not too bad.

Cryptic Physiology

I can transform into cryptics. Like big foot, chubacabra, lochness monster,.. clowns? Clowns don't really strike me as cryptics but ok. Anyway, this is a great power compared to the other two.

So I'm a cryptic who can attack with life force and the heat from my breath. A meh combination.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Psychic Beam Emision
Pretty self explanatory and somewhat usable I suppose.

Ice Aura
I can surround myself in ice, use it to launch myself in the air, deflect attacks, as well as generate ice and snow or freeze enemies. Useful mid tier power.

Calculation Transfer
This is oen of the few times that I didn't get any upper tier power. Anyway, I can transfer complex calculations to other creatures. Useless power in terms of combat and in general, I really don't have so many complex calculatiosn to do. -_-

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Food Empathy
The power to transfer thoughts, memories and the like through Food. Really? -_-

Cold Manipulation
That's more like it! Aside from cold attacks, I can cause Frostbites, even disintegrating targets down to a cellular level by causing irrepairable frostbites. Additionally, I can flly, use ice defensively, this looks a lot like a better version of my Ice Aura before I'll take it.

(next power was magnetokinetic regeneration, got that one before, skip.)
Body Heat Camouflage
It could have been less useless -_-

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Magical Invisibility

Only useful if someone capable of watching me through magic. Otherwise it's useless.

Forest Physiology

Heeey. I'm a forest. Not too bad I guess.

Supreme Voice

Oh... oh my... I can create anything and everything with just my voice. This is definitely the most overpowered superpower I've ever gotten. Probably the most overpowered since this thread's revival.

I'm a forest who can do anything with just a voice and is also invisible to magic. This is amazing.

Showing 241-255 of 685