ForumsThe TavernWhat's Your Random Superpower?

685 226368
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

You know what's cool? Superpowers. What person wouldn't want superpowers? There's so many out there to choose from. There's flying, super strength, shooting lasers, etc. The list goes on forever.

However sometimes the people in fictional stories don't always get to choose their powers. I'm pretty sure Peter Parker didn't choose to get bitten by a radioactive spider.

So I've found this Superpower wiki to add some realism into the thread. This wiki contains thousands of powers. Some insanely powerful and those that are extremely useless.

What I want you to do is click the 'random page' link and then that's the power or powers you get. You can do this as many times as you want to get a combination of powers or just a single power.

For me, I'll keep it simple for now and do three.

Airwave Manipulation
Suicide Inducement
Warping Presence

Wow, that second one is going to be fun.

• 685 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Location Swapping

I can switch the location of objects with another object of the same mass. Such as switching baseball with a piece of concrete the same size. Neat!

Iron Mimicry

I have a body made of iron. Eh, alright.

Stinger Protrusion

I have stingers. Yay...

So I'm an iron man capable of swapping the location of objects and can sting people.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Dimensional Slicing
Not as awesome as Upper and Uber tier powers but one of my favorites in the entire wiki The ability to slice through Dimensions, which makes me practically able to cut through anything. I can even project my slashes through dimensions to slice at range. Remember Vergil's sword in the Devil May Cry Series, the Dark-Forged Blade, Yamato? That's exactly what that sword can do xD With the Judgement Cut (my god that attack was annoying and stupidly powerful when the player used it )

Cartoon Constructs
I can create tools objects, weapons and servants out of cartoons. Not bad in terms of usefulness

I am going to stop there because if I post my next power, I am going to be flagged (Cloth Removal. That's about as far as I will go to answer to your curious questions xD)

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Antimatter Transmutation
This doesn't even begin to make any sense. I mean sure, superpowers in general make no sense, and antimatter is cool I guess, but... transmuting matter into its complete opposite which can then destroy other matter? Whaaat.

Nephokinetic Cloning
I can make clones using water vapor. Just like foglets in the Witcher game.

Figurative Vocifery
Now this is a very interesting power. Not very practical, but interesting. Basically, I can warp reality by speaking a metaphor. This is naturally limited by my knowledge of metaphors and the metaphors themselves; although, I wonder how well you need to be able to speak them and how close it needs to be to the original. If for example there is a unique metaphor in, say, Chinese, do I have to say it out loud in that language or does an approximate translation do the trick? Also, what defines a metaphor? According to the wiki page, the 'metaphoric clues' from the Jumanji board game count as such, too. Hmm, this will need a lot of testing.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Fruit/Vegetable Generation
I can generate fruits and/or vegetables. Nothing more, nothing less.

Stellar Blast
Now we're talking! The ability to release a blast of stellar energy on a specific area.

Shield Construction
The ability to create shields or shield-like objects out of any kind of matter or energy.

This is not so bad. I am a walking cornucopia with both a strong offensive and defensive superpower, as I can obliterate an area using stellar blasts and protect myself with any kind of shield, even potentially from energy attacks.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Clairempathy

I can sense the emotions of multiple people from anywhere and anytime. The anytime part kind of confuses me, also it's a useless power. Ps: I can also sense the emotions of the spirit world. Ok then.

Selective Invisibility

I can be invisible, but I can choose who can see me and who can't. Awesome! This is just a better invisibility.

Tagalog Deity Physiology

I have the powers of the Tagalog Deities and one of them has omnipotence so I definitely like this.

I'm a Tagalog deity who can sense everyone's emotions and can choose who I'm invisible too. Nice set today.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Intelligence Reduction

The power to reduce the intelligence of others or oneself. Opposite to Intelligence Enhancement. Something to use in the office for your promotion or the classroom to ace that test.

Multitasking

The ability to perform multiple tasks at once with ease. Not going to wow anyone, but who wouldn't want this power?

Omniscience

The power to know everything and anything infinitely. Sub-power of Omnipotence. Opposite to Omninescience.

Somehow, I hit upon three powers that'll allow anyone to succeed in life.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Replicative Sculpting

I can sculpt a functioning replica of any object. For example I can sculpt a working gun out of stone. So this is pretty sweet.

Feng Shui Manipulation

I manipulate Feng Shui, a philosophical system that harmonizes everyone with the environment. It's practically all about luck. For example, if I stand in a certain spot I'm lucky enough to not be hit. I can also find someone's unlucky spot and inflect more damage that way. Pretty cool I guess.

Horn Protrusion

I have horns. Kinda like the stinger protrusion but bigger and I can't shoot it. Meh

I'm a horned man that can sculpt an accurate replica and can manipulate Feng Shui.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

You're one horny beast R2.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Light Darkness Attacks
Could use a cooler name. Anyway, it means using both light and darkness in my attacks, as you have probably guessed nd, as usual with every 'attacks' power, there is a massive list of various applications Beams, waves, blasts, pillars, spikes vortexes, bombs, bullets, balls, bolts etc.

Deity Soul
The ability to have the Soul of a god. I am not necessarily a god in a human body but my abilities are godlike (this could have been used in the Religion Debate thread ). Applications include Divine Powers depending on my soul (there is a wide range of those, from Chaos Manipulation to Absolute Immortality), Transcendent or Ethereal Physiology (which comes with invulnerability and some other cool things), cosmic knowledge and Demiurge Physiology, meaning the ability to transform a creator class entity.

Basically, with my second power, I am a god but not a god xD I am starting to adopt HahiHa's term for deities, there is no other way to make any sense out of this mess -_-

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

I am starting to adopt HahiHa's term for deities, there is no other way to make any sense out of this mess -_-

Ah, see?

Precognitive Dreaming - already got that.

Time Theft
The ability to steal time from other beings or objects(?!). Most notable users include the Weeping Angels from Doctor Who and the Shinigami from Death Note. All your time are belong to me.

Paper Manipulation
The ability to create, shape and manipulate paper. Includes such fun-sounding abilities like matter surfing using paper, papyrokinetic constructs, paper attacks, paper bombs, paper storm generation... I lol'd.

Paper cuts incoming!

Undead Machine Physiology
*scratches head* Undead... machine?
*reads further* Oh, cyborg zombie! So I have the combined advantages of an undead zombie and an android. Includes abilities like apathy (ugh) and invulnerability (yay).

Today, I am a cyborg zombie who steals time and controls paper. Note that in this combination, stealing time has no advantages for me other than reducing the target's life expectancy; being undead means I have no use for time, so it's kinda meh. However, all in all it does come with a rather wide variety of potentially useful abilities.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Society Manipulation

Ooh! Starting off with a very useful power. I control society, this means I control people's beliefs. So this is practically mind control but on a bigger scale.

Telekinetic Constructs

I can create any object using telekinetic energy. So technically I can imagine anything and it'll be created. Sweet! I'm hitting gold today.

Demon Imprisonment

I can imprison demons. Seems like this is going to be the bad power today.

I can control society, create objects out of telekinetic energy, and imprison demons. A really amazing set today.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Balloon Manipulation
Guess I'd make a great clown -.-

Balaur Physiology
Alright! I am a Balaur, a sort of giant multi-headed dragon-like creature from Romanian folklore.

Body Supremacy
"The power to be perfectly aware of, familiar with and in control of one's bodily motions." Considering some of the techniques listed below, with sufficient training this could go down even to the molecular level.

So, I am a huge, evil, multi-headed dragon-like reptile with full control over the totality of my body (which is very practical considering I have several heads) and that can manipulate balloons.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Portal Physiology
I am a portal... right...

Weather Generation
I can generate any type of weather (ice, heat, wind) but cannot control it. So very useful to be struck by a thunderstorm I generated -_-

Intelligence Enhancement
I can increase the intelligence of other people or myself...wait if I can increase my own level of intelligence, why don't I just do that permanently? o.O It is not even a limitation, nowhere does it say that the effect is temporary...

This wiki is seriously starting to collapse...after one finishes skimming through this site superficially, sees the cool powers and proceeds further into this, he/she is faced with the gutter of power-making and describing -_-

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Chain Manipulation

I control chains. Not bad at all!

Disease Immunity

Well... it's useful to say the least...

Fire Absorption

I can absorb fire and utilize it in someway. I guess I could make my chains on fire...

So I can control chains, I'm immune to diseases, and can absorb fire. Definitely not exciting today.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Plant Aura
I can surround myself in an aura of... plant-like energy? Oh I get it, this is one of those generic powers where you can basically write "[insert random concept] Aura". Well, at least I can have plants growing around me so that's cool.

Dermal Armor
The ability to have or generate a physically reinforced innate armor, like scales, thick hide, sub-dermal bone/cartilage etc.

Mindscape Materialization
I am not entirely sure how it works, but I can sort of materialize any world from my imagination.

To sum up: I generate a plant aura around me, I have dermal armor (given the first power, possibly wooden skin?) and I can materialize my inner worlds. Weird powers and combination, not sure what to think of it.

Showing 421-435 of 685