ForumsThe TavernWhat's Your Random Superpower?

685 226616
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

You know what's cool? Superpowers. What person wouldn't want superpowers? There's so many out there to choose from. There's flying, super strength, shooting lasers, etc. The list goes on forever.

However sometimes the people in fictional stories don't always get to choose their powers. I'm pretty sure Peter Parker didn't choose to get bitten by a radioactive spider.

So I've found this Superpower wiki to add some realism into the thread. This wiki contains thousands of powers. Some insanely powerful and those that are extremely useless.

What I want you to do is click the 'random page' link and then that's the power or powers you get. You can do this as many times as you want to get a combination of powers or just a single power.

For me, I'll keep it simple for now and do three.

Airwave Manipulation
Suicide Inducement
Warping Presence

Wow, that second one is going to be fun.

• 685 Replies
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Heart Link
Also called cardiovascular brotherhood/sisterhood (lol). I can be linked to someone else through my heart, knowing their whereabouts and sharing their powers. If the other person dies, I may suffer repercussions as well. Apparently this is a thing exclusive to Kingdom Hearts. Duh...

Monetary Empowerment
I gain power from currency or use thereof. I'm off to become a semi-immortal banker

Obsolescence
I have the power to render anything I want useless/obsolete. Example: induce death by making life obsolete, or immortality by making death obsolete. Goes even for the laws of physics, or reality. Been a while since I had something this powerful. Only limitation: users with 'natural born' powers are immune, whatever this means exactly...?

Today, money makes me stronger, I can link myself to others through my heart, and make anything obsolete at will.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

This doesn't really fit a forum game. Forum games encourage users to interact with each other, this thread doesn't do that.

Time Beam Emission

I can shoot beams made of time. However it doesn't have any time effects like slowing down time or whatever. It's just a laser made of time.

Flight Manipulation

This isn't just regular flight. I can manipulate flight in anything. I can grant people flight, I can fly at high speeds, and I can drop planes out of the air. Even users who can fly either by some kind of superpower or even flight itself aren't safe as I can control their flight. This is an awesome power.

Conditional Invulnerability

I'm invincible but only under certain conditions. Alright, that's fine.

I can shoot time lasers, manipulate flight, and invincible under certain conditions.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

I feel like we often actually read each others posts, we just don't comment much. In that way, it isn't any worse than, say, 'Right now I'm listening to...'

Peace Inducement
I can induce peace in others. The range and area which I can affect depends on my skills, so I guess I'll need to train a lot if I want to induce world peace... may be overpowered by war inducement or strong users of rage inducement.

Combat Manipulation
I can influence everything in a combat, from the effectiveness of attacks/defenses to the rules themselves.

Wax Armor
I never thought that wax might have any protective properties... probably because it doesn't have any!

Today I'm a living candle that can cheat in any combat and calm people.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Primordial Force Infusion

I can infuse things with primordial energy. Making said thing powerful. That's good I guess.

Enhanced Athleticism

I'm basically a really good athlete.

Mental Shield Penetration

I can penetrate mental shields. Eh, alright.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Enchanted Symbiotic Exoskeleton
That's interesting. I can use a symbiote of mystical origins as dermal armor. This not only protects me, but also enhances certain abilities and can give me new strengths/weaknesses. In the worst case, however, it could come to influence or even possess me.

Revenge Empowerment - got that before
Crystal Spike Protrusion
I have crystal spikes protruding from my body, which I can use offensively as well as defensively.

Dark Shield Construction
I would normally ask how shadow can block a blow from physical attacks, but I guess the answer would be "Energy! Magic! Who knows!" so I'll let that be. It is actually rather cool, being able to create shields out of darkness. Naturally they're weak against light attacks.

To sum up, I have crystal spikes coming out of my body, can create dark shields and possess an enchanted symbiotic exoskeleton. Looks like I am extremely well equipped in the defensive department today, and not exactly weak in the offensive either.

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

Musical Animation

I can solidify musical notes to create shields, weapons, platforms or whatever. Interesting...

German Physiology

Not that sort of German. I have the physiology of a male air spirit, with enhanced agility and reflexes, flight, weather manipulation and the ability to be imperceptible.

Psychic Force Field Generation

Pretty self-explanatory. Also able to create psychic armour

A good combination. I can fly around, make it rain, fire music and protect myself.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Conceptual Light Manipulation

I manipulate the concept of light. This is a really weird power. I can generate light that's cold instead of warm, light that makes things dimmer instead of brighter, create light that exists without a shadow, harm things usually immune to light, and so much more. This is honestly a very cool power.

Fungal Generation

I generate fungus... I can't control it but I can generate it. Fun...

Velocity Manipulation

I can manipulate velocity. I can control where an object goes, how fast it goes, and a few other stuff. Sweet!

I can generate fungus and manipulate both conceptual light and velocity. One of these things is not like the other.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Despite the lack of listed known users, I'll stick with this one power for today. Seems sufficient.

I should think so, too 0.0 Could this be the ultimate superpower?

Magic Combat
The fusion of combat and magic. This should allow a variety of attack moves making me a very versatile fighter. Cool.

Plasma Web Creation
The power to create webs of plasma. Plasma as in, the state of matter in physics, the ionized gas? If yes, I guess this could become very handy, considering how very hot some plasma can be. For comparison, just know that some think light sabers from Star Wars could actually be made of plasma instead of laser. Now, imagine someone shooting 'light saber webs' ^^

Tengu Physiology
A Tengu is a kind of mountain and forest spirit from Japanese folklore, appearing as a human/bird hybrid at variable degrees.

To sum up, I am a mischievous Japanese spirit with magically infused combat abilities and that create webs of superheated ionized gas. It's not a bad combination.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Destructive Dominion

I can destroy anything and recreate it. This includes time and space.

Stink Breath

Well I guess I'm going to be single for the rest of my life.

Substitution Creation

I can switch places using another object or have another object switch places with another object. It's like a limited teleporting.

I can destroy and recreate objects, I have stink breath, and I can switch places with an object. Not too shabby.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Health Point Meter
I can use a HP bar for myself, so I am always aware of my health status. I can increase it by leveling up and probably replenish it just by sleeping. If my health is ludicrously high, even hits that would normally be fatal can only scratch at my health bar.

Absolute Buying
As the name says, I can buy absolutely everything, including concepts and such. Everything has a value, and I can acquire it as long as I have the means to do so. That means I need a lot of money, or trade my soul/life for it. I'm the ultimate shopaholic.

Evil Aura
Self-Explanatory.

To sum up, I can see my health indicated as a health bar, have the ability to buy anything including concepts, and possess an evil aura. Weird.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Temporal Weaponry
The ability to create or wield weapons (mystic or technologically advanced) that can manipulate time. The strongest weapons could even completely erase someone or something from time.
How by the horns of the Dahaka could they possibly forget to mention the Dagger of Time ?!

Karma Embodiment
I am the embodiment of Karma. I am unsure what that means. Except that it has Causality Manipulation as an application, which in turn is the "most rational expression of Omnipotence", so that's great.

Enhanced Surveillance
I am Bond. I am the CIA. I am the Electric Eye.

Today, I am the physical embodiment of karma and a super spy with a weapon that manipulates time itself.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Video Game Mimicry

I can mimic any video game character, including their powers and knowledge. Considering how many video game characters there are, this is a very useful power.

Decelerated Aging

I age slower than normal. Not too awesome I guess.

Revenge Empowerment

I grow stronger through revenge. One of the apps being decelerated aging... wonderful...

I'm a age declerating, revenge loving, video game character. Sweet!

Last4Skull
Last4Skull
2,265 posts
King

@R2D21999 Hahaha nice Combo , Especially the video Game mimicry and Revenge Empowerment ! *Thinking of Cloud with enhanced power by revange use it's omnislash ! xD *

Warp Energy Manipulation

Users are able generate and manipulate different types of energies that can warp anything the user want. The user can create warp fields that alter whatever user desires. The ability allows the creation of portals and even allows Hyper Jumping or Warp Jumping.

Wow .. That's pretty useful ! It's like a permanent enhanced Portal Gun but whitout the need of holding a huge gun !

Luck Energy Manipulation

The user can manipulate luck by manifesting an energy that can make an unlikely event either positive or negative to happen. They can shift the energies to accomplish different effects due to its concentration; thus, the energy may be pre-existing. The lack of energy may make structures crumble while an abundance of energy can increase the efficiency of the object.

Wow !!!!! I'm really Lucky xD and i can make advantage of my power to enhancing my stuff and weakening others stuff!

Elemental Polearm Construction

User can create elemental pole-arms, including glaives, poleaxes, halberds, naginatas, spears, javelins, halberds, scythes, guandao, tridents, etc., from nothing or by shaping the existing elements. Depending on the type of element that the polearm is made of, it can posses a variety of abilities and be very effective in both offensive and defensive combat.

Greaat !!! Devastating power i can add all abilities and all element i want to all my weapons !

So in definitive : C-C-Combo !!! Today I'm like a Super Warrior ! I've a good Mobility with my portals , I can even do Energy Clone with my portals, a one man army in fact , coupled to Manipulation of luck i can enhance all my stuff and weaken enemys weapon or defense and last but not least i can create thousand of pole arm with all elements and weakness ability like poison , bleeding , and stuff like that ! what about a life drawn pole arm too ? *I Imagine thousand of overpowering polearm rain of the portal and by the time army of clone fighting on the ground !!*.

That's surely be an epic battle scene !

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Glycopoeia
The ability to turn stuff into candy, including living beings. I'm surprised they even found five users of this weird power.

Transcendent Genie Physiology
Oho. I am an all-powerful genie possessing god-like powers. I may be bound to an object like a lamp, but let me out and I'll turn the universe upside down.

Archangel Physiology - looks like it's 'ultimate physiology' day. Already got that one, though.
Enhanced Visibility - already got that too.

Poison Infusion
Yep, that's new. The ability to infuse objects (typically weapons), beings or powers with poison. I assume infusing a being with power is bad for the being? Or does it give it poisonous attacks? Anyway, free poison for all!

Since the first and third powers can be considered within the limits of the second, I guess today I am 'simply' a god-like genie. ^^

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Biological Absorption

I can absorb biomass. Pretty cool considering power absorption is an application.

Insect Breath

I can project insects from my mouth. Uhhhh that's pretty gross but ok.

Hydrokinetic Flight

I can fly with water. Well it's flight so I can't complain.

I can absorb biomass, breath insects, and fly using water. Hmm, I guess I could absorb the insects.

Showing 451-465 of 685