ForumsThe TavernWhat's Your Random Superpower?

685 226244
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

You know what's cool? Superpowers. What person wouldn't want superpowers? There's so many out there to choose from. There's flying, super strength, shooting lasers, etc. The list goes on forever.

However sometimes the people in fictional stories don't always get to choose their powers. I'm pretty sure Peter Parker didn't choose to get bitten by a radioactive spider.

So I've found this Superpower wiki to add some realism into the thread. This wiki contains thousands of powers. Some insanely powerful and those that are extremely useless.

What I want you to do is click the 'random page' link and then that's the power or powers you get. You can do this as many times as you want to get a combination of powers or just a single power.

For me, I'll keep it simple for now and do three.

Airwave Manipulation
Suicide Inducement
Warping Presence

Wow, that second one is going to be fun.

• 685 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Lifespan Manipulation

I can control the lifespans of people, whether I can cause myself to be immortal by extending it, or kill someone else by removing their lifespans.

Plant Growth

I can accelerate the growth of plants. This would be useful in a place affected by drought.

Humanoid Bomb Generation

I can create bombs out of humans. Very interesting.

So I can control lifespans, plant growth, and being able to explode humans. I think this is a pretty nifty set.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Interstellar Travel
Does what it says it does, and that's super cool.

Papyrokinetic Cloning
I can create clones of myself and other people/objects using paper. Kinda useful, but the best part is that the material is pretty easy to come by.

Multiversal Lordship
I have dominion over the multiverse! I basically control everything across all universes.

However, what happens if I clone myself? Two or more entities with dominion over the multiverse is either practical for multitasking (though I guess I could just control time instead and do everything at once), or a recipe for disaster. Better not do it instead of worrying about imposter clones...

NietzTheBlitz
NietzTheBlitz
622 posts
Marquis

Giant Physiology
"User with this ability either is or can transform into a giant, humanoid being of prodigious size and strength common in the mythology and legends of many different cultures."

Chaos Empowerment
"Users become stronger, faster, more durable, etc. by/from chaos, possibly unlocking abilities related to the affinity and enhancing the existing powers."

Stellar Infusion
"User can infuse objects (usually a weapon), beings or powers with stellar energy/substances, empowering and energizing them and allowing the user to manipulate their qualities and efficiency and use stellar energy in various ways to attack."

Hmmmm... So I can turn into a giant, grow stronger in chaos, and infuse or manipulate stellar energy into objects? That actually sounds cool! Transform into a Giant, generate chaos and make an unbreakable weapon by constructing a sword out of stellar energy and enhance it with the chaos I've made.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Cache
"User is able to cache/store anything that has an affect on their being. "

Alien Physiology
"Power to use the abilities of extraterrestrials. "

Positive Embodiment
"The power to be the embodiment of positivity. "

I am a compulsively optimistic alien that can store effects for later use. That's a long shot from the uber-tier power from yesterday, but it's nice nonetheless.

LadyMari2003
LadyMari2003
7 posts
Scribe

Blindsight
The power to interact with one's environment without the aid of vision.

Meta Luck
The power to have infinite luck. Sub-power of Meta Probability Manipulation.

Transcendent Dragon Physiology
The power to use the traits of a transcendent dragon.

I'm a blind dragon who has infinite luck.
This is so awesome.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Mental Disorder Manipulation - meh.
Divine Banishment - not as cool as it sounds.
Reality Modding - there we go.

Therefore, I can rewrite reality as I see fit ... and do some other things that don't particularly matter.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Elemental Energy Manipulation

I'm the Avatar but I control much more than just the four main elements. This also includes controlling universal forces apparently, such as Space-Time. That's cool.

Omniverse Embodiment

If you thought that last one was overpowered, this is even more so. I am the omniverse. Meaning I can control things like time, probability, space, etc.

Life Infusion

I can infuse things with life. What it means is that, I can allow my weapons to heal or resurrect instead of hurt or kill. Not as cool as the other two, but definitely useful for someone else.

So I'm the omniverse, which can infuse healing into weapons and control all elemental energy. I like this set a lot.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Faithifery

The ability to alter reality based on my beliefs. Basically the whole "if I believe it can happen, it will!" but with an actual application this time xD I can do nearly anything, the only drawback being of course, that true belief is required. Should just practice convincing myself harder

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Disease Acceleration

The power to accelerate disease processes in oneself or others. This is super cool from the way it works I could make chronic diseases instantly reach their terminal stage on someone. But not incredibly powerful, just nice xD

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Omnipresence
"The ability to be everywhere in existence at once." I am present everywhere in time and space. This comes with omnipresential attack, meaning that due to my omnipresence I can attack anyone independent of their spacial or temporal location. Conversely, only another user with omnipresential attack can even hit me. Yay for 'omni'-powers!

Regeneration Bestowal
"Users can grant other beings enhanced or supernatural regeneration." Basically the ultimate surgeon, except that I may not be able to regenerate myself. The power is limited to bestowal to others.

Envy Inducement
"The power to induce envy in others." This is meh.

Thanks to my omnipresence, I am not only virtually untouchable but I also have knowledge of every location through time and space, which is absolutely awesome! I could go watch dinosaurs whenever I want
It also means I can use my other two powers on anyone, at any time. The ultimate surgeon and mischief-maker in one ^^

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Cryokinetic Surfing

I can surf on ice. However I can't make it. So this only works when it's a snowy Winter, in a very cold region, or at an ice rink. Not extremely useful.

Partial Teleportation

I can teleport parts of something. So I can't teleport a whole person, however I can transport bits of them one at a time. It's probably best to use a power like this on my enemies.

Spiritual Particle Manipulation

I can control spiritual particles. I don't fully understand what it is exactly, but it gives me a whole bunch of manipulations so I'm fine with it.

This is probably one of the more random sets I've gotten.

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

Restoration Augmentation

I can restore anything both living and non-living and increase it's power. Very useful for creating strong subordinates. However, I can't use it on myself nor can I use it to raise the dead.

Electrical Beam Emission

The ability to shoot electrical beams. At least I have something to defend myself with if my subordinates are ever beaten. Or I could always use it as a show of power.

Pure Soul

I basically have a soul that's devoid of all evil thus making me a good-natured person. It also means that I am very difficult to corrupt by evil people.

Not only do I have the ability to make other people stronger, but I also have the ability to shoot beams of electricity. Of course, since I have a pure soul, I can only use my abilities for good intentions.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Electron Manipulation
Wow, this may actually be a really strong power. I mean, electrons are everywhere.

Artistic Transformation
"The ability to turn people and objects into a work of art." Might be worth starting an arts degree ^^

Peak Human Agility
This isn't even a superpower -.- It does sound neat, and I guess it's always a good secondary 'power' to have, but I wouldn't rely solely on this.

I am a kind of Nathan Drake able to turn things into art and manipulate electrons. While I'm not particularly strong, I'll certainly end up rich and famous.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Bulletproof Durability

Exactly as it says. I'm bulletproof. A neat power in the real world.

Dimensional Bolt Projection

I shoot bolts of energy and can control the intensity. I don't fully understand what it does other than shooting bolts, but yeah.

Impact Immunity

This power is basically an add-on to the bulletproof one. I can't be crushed, injured by falls, immune to really strong punches, etc.

I can't be harmed by bullets or impact, and I can shoot dimensional bolts. This is a meh setup.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

This power is basically an add-on to the bulletproof one. I can't be crushed, injured by falls, immune to really strong punches, etc.

So, you're a human Ooblek? XD

Shadow Swimming
I can swim through shadows. Not the same as shadow teleportation, sadly; it really is just swimming through shadow as you would swim through water. Honestly, I fail to see the point of this. Useless. -.-

Music Blast
I can release devastating blasts of "music", because apparently music is now a specific kind of attack. Can it be Heavy Metal? XD

Astrokinetic Combat
Finally a useful power! A combination of physical attacks and cosmic energy. If I understood it correctly, I can punch people with the power of a star and shoot cosmic energy beams? Neat! ^^

So I can swim through shadows and indiscriminately blast everything around me to pieces with 'music' and cosmic energies. Not bad, after all. Just don't hire me for precision tasks, because the useful two of my powers are anything but precise.
Showing 481-495 of 685