ForumsThe TavernWhat's Your Random Superpower?

685 226623
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

You know what's cool? Superpowers. What person wouldn't want superpowers? There's so many out there to choose from. There's flying, super strength, shooting lasers, etc. The list goes on forever.

However sometimes the people in fictional stories don't always get to choose their powers. I'm pretty sure Peter Parker didn't choose to get bitten by a radioactive spider.

So I've found this Superpower wiki to add some realism into the thread. This wiki contains thousands of powers. Some insanely powerful and those that are extremely useless.

What I want you to do is click the 'random page' link and then that's the power or powers you get. You can do this as many times as you want to get a combination of powers or just a single power.

For me, I'll keep it simple for now and do three.

Airwave Manipulation
Suicide Inducement
Warping Presence

Wow, that second one is going to be fun.

• 685 Replies
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Insect Breath

The Return of The Mummy ^^

Brain Entity Physiology
I think I have found @Moegreche 's superpower

Damage Distribution
The ability to redistribute any suffered damage onto a large area or group. This is very practical as it means even targeted attacks won't do much damage. Snipers? Pff, cakewalk.
Of course, I assume a nuke could still obliterate me...

Conditional Power - already had.
Humility Augmentation
I can make people more humble. Does not work if the target has no humility to begin with, I can only augment it if present. Can accidentally overload? How do I have to imagine this?

To sum up, I am a near-invincible brain being that can make people more humble. No offensive abilities at all, but perfect defense and the power to make the world better, I think. So, that's cool.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Karma Manipulation
I had Karma Embodiment before; manipulation is on a lesser scale, but still extremely powerful.

Aether Infusion
The ability to infuse objects and beings with aether. Not really sure what it actually does except strengthening whatever I infuse.

Salt Transmutation
The ability to turn anything into salt. I can see some practical applications for everyday life and in extreme situations, but otherwise the attractiveness of this power is limited.

The two latter powers are mere lesser powers, the really interesting one being Karma Manipulation.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Elemental Energy Manipulation

I can manipulate all elemental energies. There's the basics such as fire, earth, water, and air, but I can also control others like darkness, light, dark matter, space-time, etc. Not only is this really powerful but it's also a multi-purpose power.

Telekinetic Maneuver

I can alter an object's directional course. Just think of it as me being able to deflect moving objects.

Empathic Ice Manipulation

I can control ice through my feelings. I feel like ice manipulation would already be somewhere in my first power but whatever. I guess this just means ice manipulation is a bit more uncontrollable than the others.

I can manipulate elemental energy, an object's directional path, and empathic ice.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Implosion & Explosion
Implosion!... Explosion!...Implosion!... Explosion!...Implosion!... Explosion!...Implosion!... Explosion!...

Sonic Breath
Protect your ears! I can, uh... roar really loud!

List of Supernatural Powers and Abilities
I clicked on "Random page", I swear! Does that mean I get all superpowers?

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

List of Supernatural Powers and Abilities

I knew it would happen eventually. I just didn't expect it to take this long.

Path Maker

This power is more than just making a path to some city or place. I can create alternative wayss to do things. For example if I'm up against an immortal I can create a way to kill it. I can also create a way for me to live forever. Basically, I have the solution to every problem.

Pyroportation

I can teleport using fire. You know, just so I can look awesome when making an entrance.

Umbrakinetic Constructs

I can create things from darkness. Anything I desire. Awesome!

I can create new solutions to problems, teleport via fire, and create things out of darkness. Awesome set today!

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Supernatural Athleticism - check.

Electrical Transportation
The power to transport via electric cables, lightning, anything electric/electronic. The best part is that it includes the ability to generate my own electric strike along which I can then teleport myself.

Universe Creation
I can create a universe and everything within it. This is really cool, except that it does not automatically include the ability to control the universe I created (although in the case of deities it is usually available too).

Xenarthra Physiology
I'm an armadillo. How cute! Less so when you know they can potentially transmit leprosy. Maybe I should be an ant-eater instead. Or a sloth. Yes, a sloth sounds great.

To sum up, I am a sloth god with my own universe and the ability to transport via electrical current. Fastest sloth ever!

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Umbrakinetic Creature Creation

I can create creatures from darkness. Just so long as it's dark I'll be good.

Enhanced Thievery

I'm a a master thief. I can pick locks, I'm a master of disguise, I can... pickpocket? That's not really a superpower but ok.

Atomic Resistance

I'm resistant to atomic attacks. Meh.

I'm an atomic resistant master thief who can create creatures from darkness. The darkness creature power and enhanced thievery are actually a pretty good combo.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Air Magic

I can use magic that involves the air. Eh pretty cool. Magic has never really struck me as awesome though.

Contract Nullification

I can nullify a magical contract or oath. Eh, that feels kind of lame.

Celestial Manipulation

I can control the skies and cosmos with heavenly influence. What does this mean? It means I'm awesome.

I can perform air magic, nullify contracts, and manipulate the skies and cosmos.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Voodoo Combat
The ability to, uh, fuse voodoo with physical combat? I guess it's practical to be able to manipulate your opponent's body during combat, but if I have to always carry around puppets and handle them during a fight, it also sounds like a hassle.

Dark Fire Manipulation
The ability to manipulate what they call the 'negative' aspects of fire, like destruction etc. Which is all fire is about, really. What they call the 'positive' aspects of fire, listed under White Fire Manipulation, include the 'sustaining and preserving side of fire'... but fire does not really have that side? 0.o I mean, fire is the release of energy of a flammable material leading to its consumption, and I fail to see what is 'sustaining and preserving' about that. So basically, Dark Fire is just a much stronger kind of fire.

Cryokinetic Surfing
This one sounds like a lot of fun. Its the ability to manipulate ice to surf/move quickly on it.

Today I can kind of manipulate both fire and ice, and I can use voodoo techniques together with physical combat.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Love Aura

I can generate an aura that can induce love. I can also grow stronger from this aura.

Entropy Attacks

From what I understand, entropy attacks are the opposite of energy attacks. In energy attacks the available energy is used for whatever. Entropy attacks uses the energy that's unavailable. It's really confusing but if I can use it as means of attacking who cares.

Sleep Magic

I can cause people to sleep through my magic.

Today I'm some kind of cupid/sandman hybrid who can use entropy attacks.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Druidic Magic
I can interact with the forces that druids are thought to have interacted with in popular media, so mostly nature-related stuff.

Nature Manipulation
What are the chances... This is just a kind of more powerful druidic power, since I can not only do nature-related magic, but can actually manipulate nature itself.

Healing
I can "restore biotic organisms to their optimal health", which requires the target to still be alive in some way, but can include semi-immortality by returning aged tissue to its optimal state continually - depending what level of mastery I have over the power of course. This fits really nicely with the other two powers.

I am a druid mage that can not only use nature's forces, but manipulate nature itself, and heal biotic organisms. Does that make me a kind of Celtic Tom Bombadil?

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Attraction & Repulsion

I can either pull in objects or push them away. It's kind of like the force but I can only use it for pushing and pulling.

Transcendent Armor

I can wear armor that grants me god-like powers. Awesome but assuming I don't already have some god armor I would probably need to look for one.

Air Swimming

I can swim through the air... uh-huh...

I can attract and repel things, wear godly armor, and swim through the air. I'm a jedi Michael Phelps with god armor.

Nikita_020205
Nikita_020205
1 posts
Peasant

1. Virtual Warping I'm no programmer, but I had an A at school
2. Ferrokinetic Creature Creation I wanna have a sword, like, 50000ft tall that will swing itself
3. Cocoon Generation kind of spiderman, but not very much of it. I guess I can make myself live to year 3000, but what's the point?

SamuraiWar42
SamuraiWar42
23 posts
Nomad

If I think of a person, they'll call me - so spooky when it happens so consistently.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Paper Transmutation - I can turn an enemie's weapon into paper.
Sharpness Manipulation - Thus my enemy will get lots of paper cuts trying to attack me with his dull paper weapon.
Causal Link - Therefore, my other enemies will also get paper cuts as a deterrent to weilding weapons against me.

If I think of a person, they'll call me - so spooky when it happens so consistently.
It doesn't. That's an illusory correlation.
Showing 466-480 of 685