ForumsThe TavernWhat's Your Random Superpower?

685 226223
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

You know what's cool? Superpowers. What person wouldn't want superpowers? There's so many out there to choose from. There's flying, super strength, shooting lasers, etc. The list goes on forever.

However sometimes the people in fictional stories don't always get to choose their powers. I'm pretty sure Peter Parker didn't choose to get bitten by a radioactive spider.

So I've found this Superpower wiki to add some realism into the thread. This wiki contains thousands of powers. Some insanely powerful and those that are extremely useless.

What I want you to do is click the 'random page' link and then that's the power or powers you get. You can do this as many times as you want to get a combination of powers or just a single power.

For me, I'll keep it simple for now and do three.

Airwave Manipulation
Suicide Inducement
Warping Presence

Wow, that second one is going to be fun.

• 685 Replies
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Supernatural Swordsmanship

Self Explanatory really. Supernatural speed, skill and power in swords. That's what this is xD Absolute Piercing, Absolute Slicing, Deflection, Countering, Attack Movement Manipulation (re-directing enemy attacks on other targets), and most importantly, slash projection: the ability to slice opponents at range!

Speed Combat

The ability to infuse speed into my fighting style. This goes great with my other power as it basically makes me an ultra fast supernaturally powerful and skilled swordsman. I can slice you open without you even watching me move

Underwater Lightning Manipulation
Not that useful for anything but underwater combat. Even on the surface I'll have problems using it. But hell, free fish for everyone!

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Unlovability Inducement

Lol
Reflective Immutability
The power to be immune to every alteration by redirecting to other targets. It notably applies to any ill effect. Basically both Perfect Defense and Perfect Counter rolled into one. I can even attack myself to re-direct the damage to someone else like a living voodoo doll Other Applications are Disease and Death Transferal, Immortality, Power Immunity, Immutability, wound transferal and more. This is ultra powerful! (The old streak of at least one great power per set is beginning to return, I can feel it! )

Musical Projection
Apparently I can project my music at great distances. Applications involve Musical Combat so I assume it does involve some sound attacks. Hopefully it doesn't require any particular skill because I lack any sort of talent in playing a musical instrument But then again Slaaneshi Noise Marines lack that too xD

Hag Physiology
Have the abilities of...hags. Well, it's not so bad, apparently hags are magical beings in the form of wizened old women They've got a massive amount of applications, including Fear inducement and manipulation, dark arts, Dream Manipulation, Nature Manipulation, Decelerated aging, Natural Weaponry like claws or bites, Curse Inducement and even Shapeshifting. That's great cause I didn't want to have to transform into a hag to be able to use all those xD All in all, a really great power.

Some great set we have here. It is perfect defense and perfect support rolled into one basically. It may lack some offensive capabilities but Empathic Masochism (the voodoo doll thing) along with the dark arts and some of the hag powers can probably transfer some nasty effects onto targets Definitely very satisfying

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Transcendent Imprisonment

I can imprison transcendent and nigh-omnipotent beings. Only useful when I'm against one of the two however.

Key-Based Powers

My powers are based around keys. Sounds lame, but I'm able to create portals with keys. I need to have a key in order for this to work. Strange considering one of the applications is being able to open locks without keys.

Multi-Weapon Wielding

I can weild multiple weapons at once. This also comes with being enhanced and proficient with multiple kinds of weapons. So that's even better.

So I'm able to imprison transcendent beings, use powers based around keys, and wield multiple weapons. Well, at least I'm guaranteed to win in a fight with nigh-omnipotent beings.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Angel Morphing

I can transform into an angel. It does come with Angel powers but they may be weak or limited. Additionally it is vulnerable to Demonic Force Manipulation

Micro-Oxygen Breath

Basically a destructive form of Breath attacks, including blasts, spheres, beams etc. Not too shabby.

Infectious Blast

The ability to release infectious substances in the form of blasts. Very useful with my second power

All in all a decent set. It does bear severe limitations and would not stand up in combat with any being possessing more than one power I would classify as high tier. But still, for those beneath that tier, it's pretty nice

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Death-Force Cutting
"The user can project death-force in a way that allows them to cut through matter from a distance."

Resurrection Replication
"The user can resurrect themselves as many times as they want and are able to replicate themselves by a specific number, they can even do this by the means if their body parts were severed or their wounds."

Or, as it is apparently also called: "One dies, two shall rise!"

Subconscious Manipulation
"The user can manipulate everything hidden inside their or others subconscious, including ideas, wishes or desires, traumatic memories, painful emotions, etc."

---

I am a potentially immortal being capable of replicating myself upon resurrection, projecting death-force in a way that cuts through matter, and able to manipulate the subconscious of myself or other people. Sounds like a rather mischievous and dark set of powers.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Love Embodiment
...ok. At least I've got desire inducement an emotion manipulation. That's something

Spawning
The ability to spawn great amounts of entities biologically. A zerg basically, it's even the example image of a user

Electrolysis
I can separate elements using Electricity. It allows for disintegration as well as underwater breathing by separating the oxygen from the hydrogen. At least it's useful in some ways

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Resurrection Negation

I negate resurrection. The dead stay dead when I'm around.

Stellar Empowerment

I get strength from stars. That's cool I guess.

Damage Reflection

Self-explanatory, damage that should be done to me is instead done to the attacker.

I negate resurrection, I gain strength from stars, and I can reflect damage. These are useful, but nothing is really wowing me.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Horror Embodiment
Being the very thing myself, I possess all Horror and Fear based powers and physiologies, being able to transform to almost any monster at will (halloween entities, ghosts, spirits, revenants etc) and I also possess the super cool 'Phobia Initiated Ability Manifestation', the power to gain different abilities dependent on the target's fears. If the target has acrophobia, I may get flight or gravity negation. If the target has Pyrophobia I gain fire abilities and entomophobia would give me Insect Physiology, these are just some of the countless examples, considering the different types of phobia. Since I made the 'what's your Random Phobia?' thread a while ago, one can say I was made to eventually get this power This is hands down the most awesome power I've ever had.

Other awesome abilities include Eldritch Entity Creation (like Chaos which created most abominations), Impossible Physiology (having traits of a being that cannot exist) and Tormentor, the power to torment evil souls.

As for the fear based powers, I get Nightmare inducement, Imprisonment and Empowerment, Fear masking, inducement and manipulation, Nemesis Physiology (which is kinda useless since I have the aforementioned Phobia Initiated Ability Manifestation ) Fear perception and constructs but most importantly, Phobia Creation. Which is the power to create phobias of specific things into others. This just makes me ultra powerful at the moment so I'll leave my set to this one great multi power

flamingfynn
flamingfynn
2 posts
Nomad

The ability to change a type of element into anything!

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Temporal Weaponry

I make weapons that can control time.

Guilt Augmentation

Guilt tripping and playing with the emotions of others has never been so easy.

Spawning

Full Zerg mode switched on.

---------------

I'm a time-travelling bio-hazard that guilt trips anyone from stopping me. Brilliant.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Semi-Immortality

Well, I'm an Elf. Gonna be sad when everyone I know dies, but hey, everything comes with a price.

Energy-Matter Manipulation

Bet I can get into MIT with just this on my CV.

Absolute Law Manipulation

The user has the power to make, change, destroy or redefine any/all kind of rule/law, including physical, scientific, magical, divine, metaphysical or conceptual, granting them control over all limits, including their own.

Gonna ace every Law exam from now on.

---------

Close to Godhood as possible for a mortal to be honest. Bow before me peasants.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Demon Lord Physiology

Demonic Force Manipulation, Hell-Fire Manipulation, Underworld Beast Summoning, Demonic Magic and Supernatural Condition. How very...befitting

Lightning Bow Construction
It comes with arrows too

Contagion Embodiment
Gotta love those powers! Disease Inducement, Empowerment, Generation and Manipulation, Poison Manipulation, Virus Mimicry, and Infection Empowerment. Massive

Demon Lord that is the embodiment of contagion with limited Lightning Manipulation in the form of creating bows and arrows. So many things I could do with that xD An awesome set

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Descendent Evocation

I can call the skills and memories of my descendants. So... if one of my descendants has some sort of power, I can also use that power. Also, whoever wrote this power spelled descendant wrong.

Blindsight

I can interact with the environment without the need of vision. Sure, this might not seem too useful, but with it I can be immune to light, darkness, and hypnotism.

Pure Darkness Manipulation

I control darkness, as well as the positive aspects of it. Like healing, strengthening, and even purifying. Of course I like this power.

I can use the powers of my future relatives, I can 'see' without eyes, and I control the pure aspects of darkness. I would say that this is more "wow" than my last set.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Spiritual Healing
The ability to heal myself or others using spiritual energy. But what if I'm not a spiritual person? 0.0

Time Perception Manipulation
I cannot manipulate time, but I can manipulate the perception of time of myself or others. In a limited sense, it's as good as the other. The article is badly written and makes no sense, but I guess I could change my own perception of time to enable extraordinary reflexes, or slow down others. Also, I'll never be bored again!

Fused Existence
The ability to permanently fuse two or possibly more beings into a completely new life form. As the original life forms are sacrificed in the process and the new one may have nothing in common with them, I see absolutely no point at all in this power. Worthless!

---

I can heal with spiritual energy, manipulate time perception, and create new life by fusing lifeforms. It's not exactly a weak set, but very random. The only power I like is the time perception manipulation one.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Photokinetic Invisiblity

The power to be invisible in light. Pretty useful seeing as visibility in the darkness is reduced anyway. Makes for good sneaking
Divine Pillar Projection
Specific type of Divine Attack in the form of Pillars. It sounds pretty cool as it can be used both offensively and defensively

Battlefield Adaptation
I adapt to battlefield conditions, growing stronger with every battle

All in all it's not a perfect combination but each power is very useful individually

Showing 526-540 of 685