ForumsThe TavernWhat's Your Random Superpower?

685 226407
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

You know what's cool? Superpowers. What person wouldn't want superpowers? There's so many out there to choose from. There's flying, super strength, shooting lasers, etc. The list goes on forever.

However sometimes the people in fictional stories don't always get to choose their powers. I'm pretty sure Peter Parker didn't choose to get bitten by a radioactive spider.

So I've found this Superpower wiki to add some realism into the thread. This wiki contains thousands of powers. Some insanely powerful and those that are extremely useless.

What I want you to do is click the 'random page' link and then that's the power or powers you get. You can do this as many times as you want to get a combination of powers or just a single power.

For me, I'll keep it simple for now and do three.

Airwave Manipulation
Suicide Inducement
Warping Presence

Wow, that second one is going to be fun.

• 685 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Timestream Shift

I can shift myself on different timestreams, which can make me either slower or faster depending on which timestream I choose. Apparently it also allows me to self-sustain myself. So I don't need food while it's activated.

Shapeshifting

I don't need to explain this do I? Definitely an awesome power to have.

Pure Form

Basically, I'm in a form that removes my previous weaknesses. This also grants me a lot of power. What a great way to end!

I'm the purest form of myself, but when I'm not in my pure form I can still shapeshift and shift into different time streams.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Slender Man Physiology

The ability to look like and use the abilities of the Slender man (funny, I look like the Slender Man in physique in real life )

Specifically these include:

Tentacles Extension/Additional Limbs
Telepathy
Teleportation
Immortality
Hypnosis
Electronic Disruption
Rule Bending (in this case, bending the laws of reality)
Time Perception Manipulation (meaning I can manipulate how others or myself perceive time, speeding things up immensely or slowing them down, even paralyzing other creatures)
Insanity Inducement

And many others... This is super cool. Definitely sounds like an uber tier power, considering the multiple sub-powers. That's good because my previous one was Rainbow generation

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Possession Slash
"User can combine various possession/control effects/forces to attacks with bladed weapons." Very interesting power.

Poisonous Tears
My tears contain a poisonous substance to which I am, of course, immune myself. The biggest problem? I need to cry to use this. -.-

Fragrance Manipulation
Does what it says it does. While it sounds silly at first, it actually includes being able to manipulate people with different smells, creating illusions, pheromones, or pain-inducing fragrances. This is in line with the first power.

I am a superpower version of Jean-Baptiste Grenouille from The Perfume able to use a possessing sword technique and cry poison tears. May sound silly, but I think I could do a lot with that.

NietzTheBlitz
NietzTheBlitz
622 posts
Marquis

Energy Constructs
I can make Appendages, Armor, Barriers, Buildings, Clones, Golems, Platforms, Restraints, Vehicles and Weapons out of energy. Nice!

Fate Denial
Ohohoho! I can deny my death if it's fated and the phrase "Your fate is sealed" will be useless xD

Potential Realization
This turns me into an Anime MC with probably infinite potential

That is actually a legit but overused combo of powers. I feel like Green Lantern + insert OP Anime MC here

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Corrosion Manipulation

I can control rust. It sounds useless, but it also allows me to create rust on metal objects. So as long as I'm around metals, I'm good.

Water Separation

I'm basically Moses.

Assailant

I'm a villain. Is that even a power? At least it has quite a good amount of awesome applications though.

I'm evil Moses with the ability to control corroded metals. Sounds like some kind of villain from a very bad and controversial film.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Blue Fire Breath
I have the ability to generate blue fire in my lungs and breathe it out. Apparently blue fire is much stronger than regular fire, and it does look cool.

Illusory Omnipotence - already had that one before. Pity.
Plant Aura - also not new.

Disease Magic
Well, this is new. Although I already had disease mimikry and immunity before. Not magic though. It means I have magical control over disease; be it in spreading them, strengthening them, or in the contrary getting rid of them. So this is a power that can be used both for tremendous good or bad.

Supernatural Agility
Well, five days ago I had peak human agility, now it's supernatural! It's getting better all the time

I am a super-agile, super-fire-breathing, uh, pestimancer? Pestilimancer? Whatever disease mages are called *shrugs* Eh, could be worse.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Fire Armor

Exactly as it says, I have armor made of fire.

Kejourou Physiology

I am a Kejourou... which translates into hairy prostitute.... Wow. The good thing is that I can control my very long hair.

Symbiotic Weaponry

Apparently I have control over some sort of living weapon. The only example I'm familiar with is the Blue Beetle from DC Comics, so that's pretty cool.

I'm a hairy prostitute with fire armor and a living weapon. I hope my hair is fire resistant.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Enhanced Fanmanship
"The ability to wield fans as weapons with high prowess." Not really my kind of weapon, if you can even call it that; however, it dabbles in martial arts and wind control, so it can't be completely useless.

Omnipotence
I win!
/thread
(no, not really, don't worry)

DaTCaT47
DaTCaT47
33 posts
Nomad

I went to the site in the link, but I can't find the "random page" thing. Can somebody help me out here?

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

You have to move your mouse over the fourth tab called "On The Wiki"; there you'll find the random page link just below.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Army Annihilation

I can destroy armies. It doesn't really say how, but I can do it.

Memory Destruction

I can destroy someone's memory. Apparently this is on a bigger scale than just erasing someone's memory, as the memories I destroy can't come back. Ever. That's cool!

Weapon Regeneration

I basically repair weapons instantly. Useful!

So I destroy armies and memories as well as repair weapons. Pretty cool set.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

I can destroy armies. It doesn't really say how, but I can do it.

That seems like an awfully ill-defined, circumstantial or even redundant superpower. If, say, you're facing not an army but a battalion, or a single individual, are you at a disadvantage? One would assume not, since someone capable of eliminating an army could eliminate less, more easily; but then that's not a superpower by itself, rather the consequence of other superpowers. It makes no sense.

Absolute Attack
The ability to launch an attack that cannot be blocked, negated, or resisted in any way. Even conceptual barriers like time and space can be penetrated. That's a great power!
There are two big drawbacks (apart from opposite powers like absolute defense). The damage dealt depends on the attack, so it might not do much if I'm weak myself. Worse, the attack, while unblockable, can simply be evaded.

Gravity Negation
I can negate gravity in a certain area. I can choose whether to be affected or not; meaning I could potentially levitate, or make someone levitate while bashing them in the air like a flailing piñata, mwahaha!

Poisonous Blood
Self-explaining. Not immediately useful, but biting me becomes hazardous, and if I were to bleed from cuts or other wounds, I could use that blood as an additional weapon. I could even coat my weapons with my own blood, making them poisonous!

I'm a poisonous, gravity-negating, absolute attacker. The poisonous blood is a great addition to the absolute attack, since it increases my attack diversity and deadliness, and the gravity negation is a very versatile offensive and defensive ability. Perfect combination.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Kinetic Energy Absorption

I can absorb the energy of moving objects and use it for myself. This is so useful! Think of all the things that can move, which is basically everything.

Particle Acceleration

I can accelerate particles to where they can create heat and possibly rip up whatever they come into contact with. The user they have as the main example is capable of exploding aluminum materials with this power. This is another cool power!

Angelic Force Manipulation

Aaaaaand this is the icing on the very delicious cake. I can use an angelic power that's stronger than most angelic powers, apparently. Jesus is listed as a user so I assume this is fantastic.

I'm a very powerful angel, able to absorb kinetic energy to benefit me and accelerate particles to rip things to shreds. I reeeeeally like this set.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Vampire Morphing

I can transform into a vampire. Various types but I may be subject to their weaknesses too...meh

Ocular Techniques

This is pretty much a compilation of other powers, specifically all the vision and generally eye-involving powers. I also have the killing stare, I can fire optic blasts, I can damage people I look upon, I've got illusion and invisibility awareness, as well as being able to induce fear, paralysis, insanity etc on someone with my gaze Excellent but it means I am very dependent on my sight. Should someone nullify my eyesight somehow...meh, useless

Conceptual Earth Manipulation
"User can manipulate the abstracts (or concept) of earth/earthen matter. This can have many feats, such as earth possessing unique physical qualities (such as being liquid without being molten, gem-like without being crystallized, ductile and conductive without being metallic), earth that never depletes of nutrients and minerals no matter how many crops are planted or how long/often it is tilled, and even earth that is not bound by fundamental forces like gravity, being capable of freely moving through the air."

Groudon is listed a user of this power. In the end it involves Earth manipulation as well so it's actually pretty cool.

I can transform into a vampire with a massively powerful sight and the ability to manipulate Earth even at a conceptual level. Not bad at all Earth manipulation gives me a power to counter-balance my over-dependence on eyesight. All in all a great set thanks to the last 2 powers

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Perfect Storm

The ability to call forth a storm of limitless destructive properties. Because of the chaotic nature of the power, I may or may not be able to control it, or summon it at will. Applications include

Biosphere Destruction (the destruction of ecosystems on a global scale)
Destabilization
Disintegration (the power to collapse objects into dust)
Endless Storm (self explanatory )
Division By Zero - This is hard to explain. Apparently, this means collapsing any system by making multiple entities into one. This is not simple merging of objects and entities, this is turning them into the same entity, with the same properties. For example it can be used to make Fire and Water equivalent so that they possess the same properties. At any rate I suppose the Perfect Storm only encompasses the collapsing/merging properties of this power (which whoever created must get their heads checked 'cause that's not how it works at all )

An example of a Perfect Storm is the cataclysm unleashed by Ten-Tails in Naruto apparently, for the anime fans

Showing 496-510 of 685