ForumsWEPRDonald Trump

47 29456
Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

As many of you probably know, Donald Trump wants to become president. And, unfortunately, he's doing quite well. Which is worrying, because he's a vile, offensive psychopath. And that's something not even his supporters can dispute. But what really confuses me isn't why people are voting for him, it's why they think it'll benefit them.

I see a lot of people online saying "Donald Trump is gud businessy men, he fix Uhmerica now" and blithely assuming that his wealth will translate into economic success for the USA in general. The problem is... that's not really true. It's a pretty widely-accepted fact that treating people horribly is a fast-track to financial success.

Seeing the problem here? Is that really who you want in charge?

Apparently, it is for Trump's supporters. Why? Because they think it won't affect them. It's like assuming a burglar won't rob you because you picked everyone else's locks for him. It's narcissistic. And yes, this applies to the wall as well. Everyone seems to assume that the costs of the wall won't affect them, that it's going to be fine because Mexico will pay (lolno).

It's stupid. It's thinking that despite Trump's history of bankruptcies, screwing people over and the usual businessy sort of thing, he's going to do what he did for himself, only for America. He won't. He'll do what he did for himself, for himself again, only more so. Also, a wall? Really? Have you heard of "tunnels"?

This angry rant was brought to you by sleep deprivation.

• 47 Replies
hithere453
hithere453
13 posts
Chamberlain

The saddest part is that this will most likely turn into Trump v Hillary.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

There are many things to say about that.

I've never met anyone on the internet who likes Donald Trump. Really, not a single one. Yes many of the ones voting for him, may not reveal it, may not have internet may not be the ones I stumbled upon but it can't be 40 %. No, I have been driven to think it is propaganda. Welcome to the world of media.

Coming from a country which had a wave of propaganda by the media itself recently (the referendum "poll" results were fake), it is most likely that, private channels as they are, are trying to protect their interests. By supporting the candidate who supports them in turn. Donald Trump, a republican and from what I've seen the man to support the growth of the enterprises. To help them increase their profit. Who is better than him at this?

So, there's one fact. The poll results are most likely fake. Don't rely on it. I had very similar experience not so long ago. We all had, here.

Anyway, second fact. People think there is no one else to vote. Deez Nuts or whoever he is is a joke. You can't vote for anyone you don't know. So, with Trump V Hillary as it appears to be, people seem to be choosing the lesser of two evils in their opinion.

So there you go, these are the two facts that justify the success of Donald Trump's campaign. At least in my opinion. Not sure if they are absolutely correct, I may be well behind on the facts as I haven't been watching the news on this front. But that's how I think it is.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

As many of you probably know, Donald Trump wants to become president.
Actually, he most likely wants the publicity more than anything else.

the referendum &quotoll" results were fake

The poll results are most likely fake.
You have no actual justification for assuming that the results are fake. Poll results are fallible. They're subject to a variety of sampling errors, miscommunications, and confounding variables, just like in any other population survey. Example:
This better be important; I'm in the middle of dinner. "Planning to vote what in what"? No, now go away! *slam*
The moral: Don't assume deception when ineptitude works just as well.

So there you go, these are the two facts that justify the success of Donald Trump's campaign. At least in my opinion.
If you have to add "in my opinion", you shouldn't be calling them facts.
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

If you have to add "in my opinion", you shouldn't be calling them facts.

I actually realized that too late, when I was re-reading it. I couldn't change it, it was after 10 minutes. Sorry

You have no actual justification for assuming that the results are fake. Poll results are fallible. They're subject to a variety of sampling errors, miscommunications, and confounding variables, just like in any other population survey.

That's why the "most likely" part is there. There is no actual justification, yes, but there is a motive. As for the first sentence, it is what actually happened here, in Greece, a couple of months ago.

Statistically speaking, a survey conducted through the phone is almost definitely inaccurate. But I was merely talking about the reason someone would have to alter the results.

philimaster
philimaster
491 posts
Peasant

I think one of the issues with american politics is the fact that there are only really 2 parties, and BOTH of them are more right wing than most right wing parties in Britain.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

The guy's a living meme. Honestly it's a joke that he's not only being taken completely seriously as a candidate, but that he actually has a legitimate shot at presidency.

Our country is a laughing stock as it is, but voting in an open racist, sexist, incestuous, "tycoon" will surely do wonders to our standing abroad.

So, with Trump V Hillary as it appears to be, people seem to be choosing the lesser of two evils in their opinion.

Actually (HOPEFULLY) Trump v Sanders

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

George W Bush lowered the bar very low so I won't be surprised if another moron is elected president.

BTW, being a good business man doesn't make you smart. All you have to be is driven, have a huge ego, being selfish. greedy.and enjoy ruining other people's business, that's all.

Since rich parasites are controlling the government, there's not much we can do to stop the nonsense.

Unless Democrats and Republicans get together witch is less likely than a cow growing wings and starting to fly.

philimaster
philimaster
491 posts
Peasant

I absolutely hate Donald trump, he a rapist a womaniser a racist and all round evil man

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Donald Trump is living proof that no amount of money can buy real hair or a non-orange skin tone.

KaossTheFox
KaossTheFox
3 posts
Peasant

So, people are actually considering voting for this idiot?

I've officially lost faith in humanity.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

If he's on a mission to sabotage the Republican party then I'm happy.
Good job Donald but I still hate you, just not as much though.

philimaster
philimaster
491 posts
Peasant

#BernieSandersforpresident Good lad Bernie.

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,920 posts
Peasant

No way I will vote for him, but I do admire how he speaks his mind and generally doesn't give a ****. We do need this to a degree in such a PC age.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

The problem occurs when he becomes overly blunt and crosses over to tactlessness, rather than merely speaking his mind. There still is a base level of etiquette to observe.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Some of his ideas are great like making the rich parasites pay their fair share of taxes for example. In order to achieve all his plans, he'll need to become a dictator. I don't think American people would allow this to happen even though it's pretty much happening now thanks to the corporate criminals such as Monsanto and the Entertainment industry, just to name a few.

Showing 1-15 of 47