ForumsForum GamesRogue Trader: Lister Logs

118 32703
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

(This is a closed game for a group who I am forming please do not post if your not in it)

Prologue
Dim cyan green lights flicker on the rusty tables and bar of The Black Peril tavern located on the void docks in Port Wander. A thickly black bearded man wipes a glass with a dirty rag. One other patron sits keeled over snoozing with a half spilled beer mug in one hand. The barkeep looks towards you “What’ll ya have?”

You're drawn here from a message on the imperial networks about a bounty on a familiar greenskined face, Badzappa. Here you hope to find comrades with a similar goal on hunting down this wily ole ork who has been pillaging the galaxy for the past fifty years.

• 118 Replies
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

(Rolled Intelligence 85 vs 53: Failed so much)

His expression changes to that of frustration in trying to recall what he has found, he quickly drinks his second serving of Estu***emi.

(Carouse Test 96 vs 45: This is great)

Suddenly the large man stumbles over after shooting down the strong drink and falls towards Jonstonne.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

I quickly hold the techpriest before he falls down "Whoah. Easy there buddy."
I then turn to Unna and Victris:
"How nice of you to suddenly compete for which one can look more like an especially dumb Ogryn, but, in case you didn't notice, I am in need of some help here."

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

"Let's just get him outside, away from prying eyes." I say and quickly move him out.

"Well it's obvious he is not going to be saying anything soon..."

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

I help to carry the large tech priest. "The meeting is soon. I wonder if we'll wake him up in time." We carry the man into the corridor outside of the tavern and prop him up against a wall. "What was he drinking?" I ask as the servo skulls speak in binary.

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

(Carouse Roll 4 vs 23, I forgot that using an untrained skill reduces the target by half last time :P)

Awakening at the shift in the stench of the air as he is being pulled out into the corridor the large man shakes his head and groans in a half drunken slur "Tah stuph wa strong'rrrrr tin I thoup. Hey wat cha you doin to mih?"

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

"He's awake", I say, needlessly. "We carried you out here after you passed out. Are you OK?" I turn to the others. "Do any of you know how much time we have?"

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

As you try to manage the situation of the drunken man the corridor and area start to pick up outside, people getting off their shifts and a few straggle past into the Black Peril, most look like dock workers after a long shift and small group of men wearing a similar garb look like part of a ships crew enter the tavern. A few idle stare, some make comments about the big guy already being drunk as they pass.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

"Well, I hope these guys don't get any bright ideas in there, like coming back and attempting to rob us. At any rate, listen, we are after Badzappa too. Can you tell us anything, like who posted this bounty?"

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

With the mentioning of badzappa a spark of anger flares in the eyes of the large man "Wure ist hee! Ill cuth offst his head!"

(Strength test 25 vs 49) He tries to shove aside who ever is holding him

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Desperately holding at the techpriest, I try to calm him down somewhat. But it is obvious that he is in no position to disclose any useful information. So I return back in the Tavern and ask the bartender:

"Would you be kind enough to tell me what that techpriest asked you? I know it was about Badzappa and, as a matter of a fact, we are after the Ork Big Mek as well. But our mutual friend passed out and he is still in no position to make any sense."

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

I go up to the tech-priest and try to calm him (Charm 44/40 fail). Seeing that I am failing I say "We want to kill Badzappa too. Will you tell us your name?"

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

After calming down the man says "Rook. I 'm Rook"

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

"Good. Nice to meet you, Rook". I hold my hand out to shake his. "Would you mind telling us why you are after the Ork?"

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

After getting the answers I need from the bartender, I storm out of the Tavern again bumping onto Victris, Unna and the drunk techpriest.

"Weeell...I hope you figured out somethings about him. Because you are going to need some help."

I carry on, retaining my casual attitude, but slightly nervous.

"Do you know who posted this bounty? I just found out. It was the Adeptus Arbites. Seeing as these guys happen to hate everything related to me, I will now bid you adieu. If I can find him by myself, then mission accomplished. I promise not to kill him before you come along to collect the bounty. If not, I don't care anyway. I am out"

And with these words, I move away, without looking back once.

(This is part of my character creation. As I told you, I will be joining the crew last, so that's gonna happen at a later point in the game, when we will meet again. For now, suiting my 'Renegade' past, I am supposedly trying to avoid contact with the Adeptus Arbites.)

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

I stand in silence for a moment. "Well then. I guess that we won't see him around here again. Maybe elsewhere."

I focus on the matter at hand. (Int test to see if I remember what I was talking about -50 modifier 99/48-mega fail. Wow)
"Anyway, are you able to go back in, Rook? We don't have long left."

Showing 31-45 of 118