ForumsForum GamesRogue Trader: Lister Logs

118 32715
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

(This is a closed game for a group who I am forming please do not post if your not in it)

Prologue
Dim cyan green lights flicker on the rusty tables and bar of The Black Peril tavern located on the void docks in Port Wander. A thickly black bearded man wipes a glass with a dirty rag. One other patron sits keeled over snoozing with a half spilled beer mug in one hand. The barkeep looks towards you “What’ll ya have?”

You're drawn here from a message on the imperial networks about a bounty on a familiar greenskined face, Badzappa. Here you hope to find comrades with a similar goal on hunting down this wily ole ork who has been pillaging the galaxy for the past fifty years.

• 118 Replies
Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

"I'll review the information on the ship. Did you have a device to connect? If not, I'll share, of course. "I was thinking about taking Rook to that ship I told you about. To see how it is. Even if it can be used for parts, it would help. I am sorry to say this, but the ship you kindly accepted my offer to travel on, is a bit of a mess. It is not in good shape at all but it's all I have. As well as the bounty and avenging the fleet, killing Badzappa will also prove my worth to the imperium, and I will be rewarded with sufficient supplies and men to explore the void. For now though, it's basically just me, an old ship, a belove average crew barely running that ship, and now you. I do hope that I'm not putting you off."

I look at the door leading down. "Is Rook still down there or did we lose him in the crowd?"

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

(Rook has been sitting next to you the whole time dont assume my character just wanders off lol)

"So what will the job pay for me to maintain your ship? "

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

(I was assuming that you weren't there yet as you hadn't said so. You can't wander off from a place you aren't at yet)

I think.

"If you're wanting a permanent job... then... if you become head engineer of my ship and whatever else, 10% of all profits, once the crew have been paid. I would need to see how good you are anyway. A tech-priest you may be but I have no proof of your skills or whether or not you know the details of ship systems. The offer is open to you too, Unna, if you need a job after Badzappa is dead."

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

"Fine not like I have a ship of my own, but how will we split the bounty?"

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

"50% to be kept safe, to fund things in the future and invest in better equipment or crew. Whatever is necessary. Split the rest between us. It won't matter if we don't kill him. You saw the amount of people in there."

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

I draw up my seat at the table.

"I request for nothing more, but nothing less than 20% of the bounty (Assuming Doom joins in). You will of course in turn, not be disappointed with the services and talents I can provide." I layer my voice with just the right amount of politeness, with a tinge of palpable authority and confidence behind it. A dark shifting cloak drapes across my shoulders, revealing a hint of glove tight armor mesh, clearly of xenos origin.

I strum my fingers on the table. "So what say you?"

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

I turn to the man who appeared at the table. "I can't afford 20% to one person, especially a mysterious stranger who hasn't told me even his name. I need to have enough left for running costs for my ship and to pay for further endeavours."

"If you join, us, you can have the same share as I said, that's it." (Charm test 24/40 passed with 1 degree of success)

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

(Just to note game mechanics makes it a shared resource pool, if we want we can skip the details on negotiating a contract to end up working on Swarms ship if you wish)

"If that 50% went to th cost of supplies one would need I would accept 13% of the bounty as long as any supplies i would require to maintain your ship did not come from my share"

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

"That fits with what I said, assuming that this man joins us. All parts and tools, within reason, would be covered by that 50%"

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

(Oh, I didn't know that the bounty was a shared resource pool! 13% it is, ignore the 20% request then)

"The noble blood of Nikephoros runs through my veins. As to my name, that is unnecessary to know as of now. Know though, that I deal in lore and knowledge, my forte is in coin and trade, and that I have connections in high places. Friends that you may not even have heard of. These not inconsiderable resources will indisputably aid you in your endeavors."

(Btw Hectic, I have the Vendetta trait, so you could mix the story up if you want).

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

I think for a moment.

"These are useful skills. You can join, if it's alright with the others. I am Victris Sarvus."

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

"Fabius! you and your spouting about noble bloodlines. I have worked with this gold grubbing maniac before he is a trust worthy person as long as you do not let him find you went over cost expenditures then he goes on and on about financial management " with that Rook slaps him on the back of the shoulder

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

(Hey nicho I was just playing that our characters worked together at somepoint we are sorta waiting on your reply, Kat and Swarm you guys can continue if you want)

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Rook's skull servant hovers around the quite Unna scanning and collecting data for later analysis along with the other members of the table. "So we have an accord now wheres this ship of yours?"

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

I turn to Rook. "It is docked nearby, I'll show you if you want. You two are welcome to look as well, of course" I say to Unna and Fabius. I stand and turn to walk out the door but, when looking back to check that Rook is following, I see that my servo skull has, after scanning Fabius, started communicating with Rook's.
"Do you understand what they are saying" I ask Rook as I gesture towards the skulls.

Showing 61-75 of 118