ForumsForum GamesRogue Trader: Lister Logs

118 32705
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

(This is a closed game for a group who I am forming please do not post if your not in it)

Prologue
Dim cyan green lights flicker on the rusty tables and bar of The Black Peril tavern located on the void docks in Port Wander. A thickly black bearded man wipes a glass with a dirty rag. One other patron sits keeled over snoozing with a half spilled beer mug in one hand. The barkeep looks towards you “What’ll ya have?”

You're drawn here from a message on the imperial networks about a bounty on a familiar greenskined face, Badzappa. Here you hope to find comrades with a similar goal on hunting down this wily ole ork who has been pillaging the galaxy for the past fifty years.

• 118 Replies
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

(Hey doom you didn't choose the choice for Enemy(Adeptus Arbites) Carouse Test 14 vs 23)

The big guy nods his head and walks slowly into the bar

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

(Will be posting the start of the game in 6 hours if you haven't joined/ are ready then I will either write you in or you are out the game, sory I gave people plenty of time to create characters and I feel like delaying too much will hurt the game, If you got something going on that takes up your time for a week please tell me when you cannot post and I might think of a way you guys can be idle later in the game but this is the start and I would hope to see everyone participate in key moments.)

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

When the crowd dispersed, no one noticed a small dark figure dart quickly out of the tavern, running off down the street. A turn here, a duck there, and he arrived at a small, discreet building....
------------
Most curious indeed. What would such a disparate group of characters be discussing? Imperial citizens of almost any world tended to be mistrustful of offworlders, and even those tend to stick with the company of their own kind. But a drunk Tech-Priest, a Rogue Trader, a clearly experienced space-farer hiding beneath beggar's clothes and a nervous looking person who slipped away at the sound of the Adeptus Arbites? This would prove most interesting. And what was this about that old Ork Badzappa you say?

I paid the runner with a few throne gelts and dismissed him, one of the many ears in my local network, always growing, always listening. Out in the Expanse knowledge was the most important coin to trade in, if often overlooked.

Now what about that Ork? (Uses Forbidden Lore, Xenos Trained Talent) (9, success) Ah yes....

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

As you all gather in the tavern, except for the two people who think this is a terrible place to meet [and want to become trapped in a space hulk with genestealers]

The hour on the clock chimes in at 6 pm Holy Terra Time, a pepper haired man of his early 40s enters and speaks to the barkeep, the barkeep opens a door that was previously locked and the man in his 40s enters a moment later the barkeep announces to all those interested in the Ork should head down to the cellar before the mid hour(6:30pm)
--------------------------------
A slightly more sober Rook shambles down to the cellar as he eyes the barkeep with an angry glare.

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

I follow Rook down into the cellar and thank the barkeep on the way. Being a space station, most of the rooms look pretty similar. I try to get to the back of the increasing crowd. I tug on Rooks arm and lead him to a dark corner with a good view of the front. "Where did Unna go? Can you see her?"

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

" Whose Unna? In fact whats your name? Only one told me a thing was the Jonstonne fellow."

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

"Oh. I am sorry. I got distracted by Jonstonne leaving. My name is Victris Sarvus, Unna Mas Cerveza is the void born."

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

"Yes, sorry.". I stand waiting. "I remember. I was wondering why you are after the Ork. Same for you, Unna."

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

"If you must know he has something, something I seek and thats all, the Orks are scavengers sometimes they get their hands on things Xenos will never understand"

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

"That's interesting, Rook. Unna. I understand. I was the sole survivor of a whole imperial fleet. They destroyed all of the warships, then they turned on the troop transports. Had I not been in a void suit, in a small shuttle, I too, would've died. I landed on a frozen planet, out in deep space. Way too far out for the small ship to reach anywhere. I spent months on that planet, surviving on the sealed oxygen and food supplies which fell to the planet from the remains of the fleet. Amazingly, I found a working distress beacon and was picked up by a small transport ship. Before that though, I found the remains of a xenos civilisation and, crashed in the frozen ocean, a really old ship. It was far beyond my skills but was still in one piece... I digress. What is this technology which Bad zappa has, Rook?

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Rook just goes further down into the cellar where the man who entered before sits at an old wood table.

"So who are you?"

The grizzled man says sternly "I am Cid Brunsvold, senor Arbitrator and appointed by Marshal Dhorin to issue this bounty. There is one thing that must be made clear that the Adeptus Arbites isn't involved in this hunt. Which is why you are in this cellar in this tavern on the lower void ports."

He speaks loudly enough for those in the room to hear but a normal reverb in a a room like this seems to be muted by some mysterious force(though you would only notice this if you pass an awareness test).

Rook notices the anomaly and makes a mental note (Awareness 41 vs 41 :P)

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

(Notice anomaly 16/41- pass)

I sense something strange, an energy in the air. I subtly ready my hands near my weapons, just in case.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Steps into the cellar, but keeps behind, and taking in all there is to hear and see.

(Notices anomaly 14 - pass) An Arbitrator, at least someone I was potentially familiar with.

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

(Assuming everyones here, idk what dooms planning but lets get the ball rollin)

Cid looks at his time device and begins by gathering everyones attention "So I am sure some of you have noticed from the looks on your face that this place has been shielded to prevent sound from escaping beyond these walls." he points to a small device about the size of a softball "It was something developed for the means of keeping secrets from being over heard. Now onto business We at the Adeptus Arbites have issued this bounty for one xeno scum, Badzappa. He has recently raided this port and a few others and now bounty was placed upon him because he has risen to a position of leadership.

From what intelligence says he has a few officers that have been spotted through out the Koronus Expanse. We do not have the manpower in this area as other so we decided to find suitable volunteers. You are the second group to be made aware of this endeavor, another Rogue Trader has also been given the current intel to track down Badzappas and his cronies."

He pulls out a data-slate "For those who wish I can transfer the intel that we have collected so far about this orks clan."

Rook syncs his data device to the Arbitrator (Assuming if you have one you get the intel too)

"So for your task we offer you a sum that is most generous for Badzappa himself and any of his officers you manage to capture or kill. We of course will want a head to be identified if the target is killed"

He continues on in length about the details of the intelligence he has given you and at the end of the lecture he hands each of you a device,looks like a small badge with the Adeptus Arbites insignia and insists that this will be proof that you were issued this warrant for this task.

He also states that if one were to achieve one of these tasks that they should deliver the body. alive or dead, to an appropriate location, he gives you several locations to find the Adeptus Arbites offices.

After about 3 hours have passed he leaves and takes the small device after powering it off.

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

After syncing my servo skull's cogitator (which is in turn synced to my ship). I go back up to the tavern and sit at the corner table with the strong chair, asking Rook and Unna to join me.

Showing 46-60 of 118