ForumsForum GamesRogue Trader: Lister Logs

118 32721
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

(This is a closed game for a group who I am forming please do not post if your not in it)

Prologue
Dim cyan green lights flicker on the rusty tables and bar of The Black Peril tavern located on the void docks in Port Wander. A thickly black bearded man wipes a glass with a dirty rag. One other patron sits keeled over snoozing with a half spilled beer mug in one hand. The barkeep looks towards you “What’ll ya have?”

You're drawn here from a message on the imperial networks about a bounty on a familiar greenskined face, Badzappa. Here you hope to find comrades with a similar goal on hunting down this wily ole ork who has been pillaging the galaxy for the past fifty years.

• 118 Replies
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

"Yes, its quite common to understand the language of machines but I also share a deeper link to my servo."

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

"I believe that I understand. I have no idea what his binary means but there is something special, something more... that or I spent too much time alone on that planet, with a skull for company". I turn around and call my servo skull to my side. "Let's go" I say as I enter the corridor.

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Rook shambles along with the others, "I haven't spent much time with this model, I just integrated a new device that lets me use him as a remote observation platform"

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

"That's interesting. When you said deeper link, I thought that you meant with the servo's machine spirit, not an actual connection. Sorry."

I guide the small group through the metal tunnels, winding through the space port. "Almost there"

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

"Greeting Rook, the mechandrites still rusty there? Great to see you again."

I walk towards the door as well.

"Keep me updated, leave nothing out." I whisper into my micro bead.

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

I stop outside of a sealed door. "Here it is. This is our entrance. The supplies which we were carrying should have been unloaded by now, so the storage decks should be empty, and most of the crew will be doing whatever in the port." I unlock the door and walk through the small tunnel connecting the ship to the port. "Do you want a tour or to just want to wander? It isn't like there is much for any of you to steal if you're tricking me"

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

"Well the hours is late and I think a quick tour would be fine if it ends up in our quarters."

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

I lead the group through the ship, stopping at the cargo bay, which is currently still connected to the port, the engines, bridge and other key areas. Finally we arrive at the senior crew quarters. Looking inside, they are a mess, unused for a long time. Despite their current condition, the rooms are clearly of a much higher standard than those of the majority of the crew. Three are used, mine as well as one each for the navigator and astropath.

"Here are your rooms. Sorry for the mess."

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Going to one of the rooms, the one with the most electrical ports, "Pawn Roomba mode" and the skull servitor quickly enters the room with a humm and starts cleaning up everything "This one will do fine, I will like to speak to your chief engineer in the morning to see how well this ship is outfitted"

After a second he nods and enters the room and door securely seals itself behind him (Tech Use Skill to change the security settings to fit his needs and to set up a relay with the ships machine spirit, 35 vs 63 2 degrees of success)

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

I turn to Unna. "Nothing else needs to be done. We will probably leave tomorrow so, if you need to sort anything at the port, do it now. Except for that, you can sleep."

(Hermit, you never rolled for the ships machine spirit personality. Do you want to do that now? I can clone the Skuttlebum's pastebin and edit it if necessary.)

I talk loudly to let Rook hear me and say "We should talk tomorrow about the ship, Rook. I'll meet you at the center of engineering".

I say good night to Unna as I walk past her, to my own room.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

I settle into my room and make myself comfortable. What a mess. Sigh.

Plebs.

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

The night passes quietly for all but the night crew and the ship begins to buzz with activity as the days crew begins to change on the morning bells

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

I wake up. I look at a clock beside my bed and get up and ready for the day. I leave my room and go straight to the engineering decks.

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

(So guys at this point we are going to plan an Endeavor, the first one of the game, the final Objective is launching the Lister with enough crew and equipment to make it a fully operational ship, I would like you to consider any objectives you will need before launching, you have to gather supplies to fix things and that means dealing with merchants and such and rolling profit factors, so i suggest looking up how obtaining equipment works. Generally speaking I would say repairs are Craft skills and that obtaining the materials to craft something is a step lower on difficulty, for repairs i would take it 2 steps lower because you should have some of the materials already in a mostly functioning condition. We will also assume you have a least a rough scan of the frozen ship since you spent time on the planet with the ship

The Sleeping Warship
Greater Endeavor +4 Profit Factor

Objective 1: Cargo for a Excavation
Theme: Trade
Obtain the materials to repair and extract the ancient ship from its frozen sleep, the ship lay buried in a hundred meters of ice and snow. The Rogue Trader must obtain men and materials, a team of engineers, laborers, excavation machines, and any other staff or equipment you might need.

This will determine the time frame of the second objective, you can commit up to 1/3 of your crew to aiding in the objective but that means the other 2/3 will be pushing overtime on a 12 hour shift. I would say it would take about 200,000 work hours to get the ship out and running, I would say you can carry another 6000 men with adequate supplies in your cargo hold)

Rook wakes up from his sleep mode after a few hours of setting up his room last night, several new consoles have been placed. He heads for the engineering deck

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

I see Rook enter the engineering deck and call him to me. I turn on a holo-table in the center of the room. After typing in something, a rough diagram of a ship forms. "This is what I managed to get from scanning the Lister, the ship I found. I know that it isn't much but..." I type a bit more and a similar but far clearer image appears. "... These are the original schematics which I found a while ago. Should we travel to the planet first, to see what state it is in, or is this enough?"

Showing 76-90 of 118